Part of Prometheus set 'millions of years in the past'

Started by Valaquen, Mar 15, 2011, 03:24:12 AM

Author
Part of Prometheus set 'millions of years in the past' (Read 33,161 times)

ScottishXeno

locusta

Scott speaks of Erich von Daniken: "He has guessed right. Millions of years ago, there were intelligent creatures everywhere." It is a time when HR Giger's monster didn't exist.
"I have to create something new."

If somebody got the AVP Making of DVD, listen closely to what Anderson says in the pre-production part....... :-\

Valaquen

Quote from: locusta on Mar 15, 2011, 06:26:36 PM
Scott speaks of Erich von Daniken: "He has guessed right. Millions of years ago, there were intelligent creatures everywhere." It is a time when HR Giger's monster didn't exist.
"I have to create something new."

If somebody got the AVP Making of DVD, listen closely to what Anderson says in the pre-production part....... :-\
I know, but Scott is doing 'gods and engineers of space', not interstellar fox hunts. I think Prometheus, if related, won't connect to AVP and its Von Daniken Predators.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Federick Gonsa on Mar 15, 2011, 07:13:15 AM
AVP flashback!  BOOM!!!

Funny you say that as a joke, because I've hypothesized to how Prometheus could fit in the AvP timeline..

Course, me saying this probably pissed people off.

-Rakai'Thwei

predxeno

Those people can stay in denial all they want if it makes their perception of the A/P/AVP universe better. :-\

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Mar 15, 2011, 07:23:17 PM
Those people can stay in denial all they want if it makes their perception of the A/P/AVP universe better. :-\

Now I am not too certain but I've read somewhere that millions of years ago, before humanity was even around, that the Jockeys had seized control of Earth and were planning to use it as a Proteus planet of some sort. Now, I've read some of the EU, and looking up on some sites such as Xenopedia (I hate that wikia.. their info just seems... wrong in some places!) seems to also indicate that some EU material had in fact implemented this idea. And this idea also seemed to utilize the concept of a Proto-Xenomorph as well.

Of course, we're not certain if this information of Prometheus being set long in the past might happen but if it does..

-Rakai'Thwei

MrSpaceJockey

I'm going to assume the xenomorph might be the reason so many of the extraterrestrials were wiped out before our time

ThisBethesdaSea

AvP doesn't exist for Ridley Scott...I don't know how much clearer it has to be made.

dandan

heres something to think about prometheus it is meant to be set millions of years ago  and this could connect with the predators (i hope not because it could be another avp agen lol... ) aswell because if you look at there ships they collect skulls from beins or anything which was alive from years ago such dinosaurs like that triceratops skull from predator 2 i think it was.... just a fought anyway i could be wrong....

Highland

I think you gy's may be reading it wrong. I read it as 2 separate quotes. The first part is saying that Erich von Daniken came up with an original idea. The second part is Scott saying he has to do something similar.

There's no link there, he's just using Daniken's theory as an example. That's how I read it.

Either way the movie won't be shot "millions of years ago" unless it's in a galaxy "far, far away"  which would mean nothing to do with the Alien franchise.

Sure you could say the SJ is a million years old, but then your just creating a back story for your back story?

Nightmare Asylum

This could be awesome. Can't wait to see how it turns out! :D

DaddyYautja

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 15, 2011, 07:00:17 PM
AVP flashback!  BOOM!!!

Funny you say that as a joke, because I've hypothesized to how Prometheus could fit in the AvP timeline..

-Rakai'Thwei

pffft, i've been saying that for a while.

dandan

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Mar 16, 2011, 12:16:57 AM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 15, 2011, 07:00:17 PM
AVP flashback!  BOOM!!!

-Rakai'Thwei

pffft, i've been saying that for a while.
it could fit in the timeline to be honest because they are talking about millions of years? dont predators collect skulls from dinosaurs aswell as other alien beings? so if there got dinosaurs the predators must have been around for years but lets hope they dont inclube them in prometheus because it will be another avp agen and might spoil it...

Master

It`s impossible for Predators to be here for milions of years. Those dinosaur skull are

a) Fossils take cause they look cool.

b) Skulls of alien creatures that happened to look similar.

Also dinosaur skulls appear only in AvP-r which not entirely fits canon. Dinosaur skulls ther might be an easter egg just like Harryhausen`s Cyclop`s skull which is also dissplayed there.

dandan

Quote from: Master on Mar 16, 2011, 11:10:05 AM
It`s impossible for Predators to be here for milions of years. Those dinosaur skull are

a) Fossils take cause they look cool.

b) Skulls of alien creatures that happened to look similar.

Also dinosaur skulls appear only in AvP-r which not entirely fits canon. Dinosaur skulls ther might be an easter egg just like Harryhausen`s Cyclop`s skull which is also dissplayed there.
yeah it was just a fought id like to take out though...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed