What are the good things about The Predator that you liked?

Started by Master Chief, Dec 19, 2018, 05:11:33 PM

Author
What are the good things about The Predator that you liked? (Read 24,643 times)

Huggs

Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 24, 2018, 10:10:50 AM
This is heavy!

There's that word "Heavy" again. Is there some problem with the earth's gravitational pull?

Quote from: Master Chief on Dec 24, 2018, 03:58:36 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 23, 2018, 06:46:13 AM
Quote from: SiL on Dec 23, 2018, 06:08:22 AM
I actually really liked the Predator biting people and using his natural claws offensively. That was a neat touch.

I totally forgot about that, that stuff was great.
Yes! I loved the look Ultimate gave Traeger after it bit off the soldier's head! Creepy AF!

https://media.giphy.com/media/3BZMbj5wp6vN2akFkV/giphy.gif

That was indeed Creepy AF. One of the only scary shots of the film.

SiL

He looks like a PS3 cut scene.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SiL on Dec 25, 2018, 04:14:02 AM

The CGI in this film was atrocious. Lee's Hulk from 2003 looks more realistic.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 25, 2018, 04:19:14 AM
Quote from: SiL on Dec 25, 2018, 04:14:02 AM

The CGI in this film was atrocious. Lee's Hulk from 2003 looks more realistic.

Nah. In a few scenes including this one, yes, it did feel very unfinished, but the majority of the cg was fine.

Never say no to Panda!

Just rewatched it with my brother yesterday, there was not much to like.
- some jokes / scenes with the Loonies
- starship scene in the beginning
- some shots with Fugitive
...guess that's it.

BigDaddyJohn

I think 50% of the upgrade CG looks poor, 50% looks decent, but unfortunately it never looked great  :'(

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Dec 25, 2018, 01:59:03 PM
I think 50% of the upgrade CG looks poor, 50% looks decent, but unfortunately it never looked great  :'(

I'd debate it's more 30% poor / 70% decent, but either way, I must say the ships in the beginning did achieve "great" in my opinion. :)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 25, 2018, 03:02:53 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Dec 25, 2018, 01:59:03 PM

I'd debate it's more 30% poor / 70% decent, but either way, I must say the ships in the beginning did achieve "great" in my opinion. :)

I propose 40% poor / 60% decent, last offer  :laugh:

The other CG effects are good i agree.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Dec 25, 2018, 03:12:33 PM
I propose 40% poor / 60% decent, last offer  :laugh:

Haha!  SOLD!!!!

Now can I interest you in my not-too-bright cat?

Huggs

It could be worse. My cat hides inside different pieces of furniture, then leaps out and attacks me whenever I sit down and relax. I feel like Inspector Clouseau being hunted by Kato every time I walk through the door.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 25, 2018, 07:30:22 PM
It could be worse. My cat hides inside different pieces of furniture, then leaps out and attacks me whenever I sit down and relax. I feel like Inspector Clouseau being hunted by Kato every time I walk through the door.

I can see it now. Poor Huggs all happy walking through his living room.... then BAM!

Xenomrph

Such is the cat way.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 26, 2018, 10:44:01 AM

I can see it now. Poor Huggs all happy walking through his living room.... then BAM!

https://media2.giphy.com/media/o2Lwy4g7Dzptu/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c22de1f646341376b392ed2

I need to venture into The Predator threads more often.

The Cruentus

Whoa, lets not get hasty. You do that and you will never come back out the same.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed