Cailee Spaeny in Talks to Star in Fede Alvarez Alien Film!

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Nov 16, 2022, 07:51:33 PM

Author
Cailee Spaeny in Talks to Star in Fede Alvarez Alien Film! (Read 21,192 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 17, 2022, 03:51:02 AMThat's totally Newt. :o

More of a Call vibe to be honest.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 17, 2022, 09:06:22 AMI'm hearing that Alien is in Budapest

Interesting, Blade Runner 2049 (also Scott produced) and The Martian (Scott produced & directed) were shot there. So certainly a connection.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 17, 2022, 09:30:02 AMMore of a Call vibe to be honest.

I could honestly very much see her as an android...

Also, couldn't help but notice that Dane Hallett liked the AVPG Facebook post regarding this casting announcement. :)

Gimitko

Hollywood Reporter said:
"Fede Alvarez, the filmmaker behind Don't Breathe and 2013's remake of Evil Dead, wrote the script and is directing the feature project that will REBOOT the sci-fi horror franchise."
She is not Newt, it seems to even not take place in the Alien continuity.

Corporal Hicks

I've learnt not to trust any claims about reboots. Never amounts to much these days until someone confirms narrative.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Gimitko on Nov 17, 2022, 01:22:51 PMHollywood Reporter said:
"Fede Alvarez, the filmmaker behind Don't Breathe and 2013's remake of Evil Dead, wrote the script and is directing the feature project that will REBOOT the sci-fi horror franchise."
She is not Newt, it seems to even not take place in the Alien continuity.

"Reboot" is such a loose term that it could mean literally anything. A remake is a reboot, a new take on material is a reboot, a 'return to form' that skews closer to an older take on the material is a reboot, bringing in a new filmmaker/cast is a reboot, bringing back an old filmmaker/cast is a reboot, etc. etc.

The word "Reboot," when applied to franchise filmmaking, really has no consistent meaning at this point beyond just "Here's a new movie that isn't just a straight up sequel to the previous one."

Gimitko

Thats totally true, so much stuff that has been advertised as a reboot has turned out to be a legacy sequel or some nonsense like that. When the movie was announced it was called "standalone" tho, I guess this is sort of a further indication of that thats the case.

Stitch

Free Alvarez's last reboot turned out to be a standalone sequel which is still in continuity with the original.

Kane's other son

Kane's other son

Is it still made for Hulu? There's nothing in the news articles and I suspect that Prey's success (and Smile going theatrical and making a lot of money) might have changed 20th/Disney's plans.

Reboot, by the way, just means that it is part of the franchise but not a direct sequel to any of the existing movies.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

As far as we're aware, nothing has been stated saying that this isn't a Hulu release, so I'd imagine that it being set for a debut on Hulu is still the case.

I guess things could eventually change – the new Evil Dead and Magic Mike movies were shot for HBO Max but have gotten the promotion to theatrical releases (due to all of the internal shakeups at Warner Bros, seemingly), but there hasn't been anything in this particular instance to point towards Disney/20th making that decision here, as much as I would love for them to.

lv_226

Very exciting news! I wonder... just thinking out loud here... if this isn't some version of Alien:Isolation? What else could this be about?

Mike’s Monsters

I'd prefer if it was a new story not connected to what we've already had. No Ripley stuff, no Engineers. Something fresh and new.

RidgeTop

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Nov 17, 2022, 05:01:10 PMI'd prefer if it was a new story not connected to what we've already had. No Ripley stuff, no Engineers. Something fresh and new.

Pretty sure that's the idea.

nanison

Huh? Was Newt in The Predator??

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Almost, mostly almost:

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed