Gameplay Bugs/Issues

Started by ikarop, Feb 16, 2010, 05:55:09 PM

Author
Gameplay Bugs/Issues (Read 131,148 times)

Dowly

Dowly

Thanks for the heads up. Tho, I can confirm that running on DX9 doesn't solve the stuttering. That was my initial approach after I started getting it, but wont help.

EDIT: Oh yeh, running Nvidia here.

visagepoissons

visagepoissons

Found an interesting little bug with the leaderboards there. Unnamed players with 0 kills sit above players with an actual score. :/ This repeats up the list, but the ones with 0 kills are down here.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Hunter Edition came, today.

Graphically, fine.

Audio?

Not sure if any is meant to play on the Fox logo or menu (mine doesn't), but while I get it on the Sega and Rebellion logos, plus the initial generic cinematic, I then get zero audio during actual gameplay. Volume's at full, but I just can't get it to play.

Example: Alien campaign cinematic of you getting born plays, but there's no audio for the cinematic of you getting the number imprinted on the chestburster plays or at any time after that. Ganmeplay is in absolute silence.

Same for Predator and Marine campaigns: Audio in the initial cinematic (plus, the Weyland one, which seems common to them all), but the gameplay is in silence. I can get out of the missions and restart them and still get audio on the first cinematics, but when it goes to gameplay, there's nothing.

Sound Blaster card (Audigy SE), but not anything ultra-new and it works happily with everything else.

Disappointing! I can play the game and it looks great, but because it's in silence, it becomes basically unplayable. :/

Puks

Puks

Thirteen pages of bugs and some dudes still glorify this game like nothing's wrong. 

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

safetyman

safetyman

Someone should summarize all the bugs and put them in the original post to make sure there is no room for error when it comes to rectifying them.

SpacemanCarl

SpacemanCarl

I didn't expect my first post to be one pertaining problems left over from AVP2 mp but alas.
Just played my first AVP3 HUNT game and some of the old legendary AVP2 mp problems are still there namely Spawn Camping. It was the scourge of the second game and prompted alot of people to up and leave early in its infancy. Some form of 3-5 second invulnerability needs to be in place to allow Preds to cloak and move.
People are just sitting on energy regen spots as well like we all didn't see this one coming.
Already people are cheating. People can spot a stood still for over 30 seconds, not moving cloaked Predator in a jungle and aim dead on.
If these problems are not addressed early then I'm afraid this game my not survive. Hacking was a torrid problem in 2 with people flying about racking up kills.
I thought Steam had VAC?

safetyman

safetyman

Spotting predators isn't the same as cheating, surely you realize that guessing games and motion tracking suddenly ending is worth shooting in the general direction of? I have gotten lots of "bullshit" kills in which the predator cries about it. It happens.

PS. 3 days is not enough time to create a working multiplayer hack in a foreign game engine.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: SpacemanCarl on Feb 19, 2010, 03:07:09 PM
Already people are cheating. People can spot a stood still for over 30 seconds, not moving cloaked Predator in a jungle and aim dead on.

That doesn't mean they're cheating. The sniper rifle shows Predators and sometimes people just look for the obvious distorted shimmer in the air.

SteaminStephen

SteaminStephen

So iv played around 3 ranked matches online now
and came 1st twice
but still no achievements :s

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

That's because a Predator is incredibly easy to spot, even when cloaked.

webley13

webley13

BUG: invite friends into created game (connection/server timed out)

The following happens, when you create a game then invite someone, or invite someone then create a game, the party connection times out and can not join the created game, the host will be waiting in the room on his own

workaround? - the people who timed out can browse for the game and join that way

anyone else having the same issue?

LogansFolly

LogansFolly

Quote from: SteaminStephen on Feb 19, 2010, 03:39:08 PM
So iv played around 3 ranked matches online now
and came 1st twice
but still no achievements :s

Hey man, how did you get a game so quick.... are you getting matches quicker now? Last night took ages to get into a ranked match.

Zephon

Zephon

Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Feb 19, 2010, 03:43:50 PM

That's because a Predator is incredibly easy to spot, even when cloaked.

Yeah if you're not in a good dark spot you're not hard to see.

webley13

webley13

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 19, 2010, 03:13:34 PM

That doesn't mean they're cheating. The sniper rifle shows Predators and sometimes people just look for the obvious distorted shimmer in the air.

easy - shoot over the spot where the disc is, pred found :) or camp the disc area

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed