AvP Requiem Reviews Roundup

Started by Darkness, Dec 26, 2007, 03:44:54 PM

Author
AvP Requiem Reviews Roundup (Read 32,290 times)

exhale

exhale

one of the worst plot holes in the movie was when wolf cleaned everything up, destroyed the predator ship, got rid of the facehuggers in the woods and then finally...  put the skinned police officer up in that tree... i mean, wtf, doesn't make ANY sense.  that's as if someone carefully plans the perfect crime for over a year and then leaves his fingerprints at the crime scene.

superdrizz

superdrizz

i'm suprised the new york times gave it a good review, i did'nt expect that one, fangoria and bloody-disgusting did'nt really suprise me with their reviews, they spend so much time goin on about a movie only to trash it in the end. well i'm gonna see it tonight, so i'll jus have to see myself.

dachande89

dachande89

I thoroughly enjoyed the film. But its hard to disappointment me with any Alien or Predator film. The action was great, and the monsters looked awesome.... sure the acting wasnt that good, but i never care bout the people in the AVP films. So I couldnt care less bout them. All that mattered to me was that this film was epic, had a super predator, and the predalien was like a mini queen. It was great.   ;D  

Kinn Corn Karn

Kinn Corn Karn

Just got back from seeing it for the 2nd time and I must say.....I REALLY like this movie! It was good the first time, but I caught a few things I didn't see the first time and am very happy with it. I can't wait for it to come out on dvd to see some deleted scenes! Great job Strause Brothers!

Caddylac Chrome

I have a question for some of the experts.  Does anybody understand the comments at the end of AVPR between Miss Yutani and the Colonel?  To me they seemed kind of odd.

Vance19

Vance19

I think it's saying that she already knew about the predator technology from Predator 2 but failed to acquire it, but in AVP Weyland didn't know about predators.  The monitor the general was watching was similar to Predator 2.

cubanb82

cubanb82

I've seen it twice now, and plan on seeing it tomorrow and saturday as well. I thought it was great. A lot of these reviewers simply do not understand the mythos, which is why they didn't like the ending, as was bloody disgustings oppinion.  When Mrs. Yutani says "the world isn't ready for this technology", and corporal Stevens says "Yes, but this isn't for this world, is it?", any true fan knows the line is referring to the motto of the future merged corporation, WEYLAND YUTANI: BUILDING BETTER WORLDS.. it's a no brainer.   As for the reviews finding it arbitrary that a predator would care if humans knew who they were, umm.. well, they DO. It's a matter of honor and security which forces wolf to head to earth. Having an entire eco system wiped out by their missteps is considered a shameful display to the youtja, AND, any technology left behind could be used against them.  I'm just saying.. don't let these reviews get to you. TRUE FANS will appreciate this film.... TRUE FANS.

cubanb82

cubanb82

I meant colonel stevens.. lol. sorry.. i'm even bummed over the fact that he was supposed to be Garber from Predator 2.. how awesome would that have been!?!

EpsilonOrpheon777

i agree with cubanb82 on everything  i just think it would have been cool if in the briefcase it had the Predator mask from P2 and the spear from P2 since those two things were left behind.  perhaps even his cut off hand.  so it kind of would have looked like a collection of everything that was forgotten.  kinda like terminator.  but oh well overall the movie was awesome.  some weak CG scenes though...  does anyone know what happend to the "scar vs." scene that was supposed to be at the beginning?

cubanb82

cubanb82

I was wondering about that scar vs scene as well, along with the two cast members we see in photos, but not in the movie. I also wish they had kept the cemetary scene in the film, AND I didn't see Reiko use the machine gun on the tank like she did in the trailer. A lot was cut, m'thinks.  Hopefully the DVD will have a lot of extra stuff on it.  I'm going to watch it again on friday and saturday for a total of 4 times.. so far.   When people ask me why I go and see these movies, I simply tell them, "This is MY star wars. This is my Star Trek. THIS IS MY FAVORITE SERIES (mostly referring to the ALIEN series)".  I get so frustrated with critics who know nothing about these films.

EpsilonOrpheon777

i agree we live for this

AVPBrosBlow

AVPBrosBlow

Not good.  Not even stay for the whole movie bad.  I stayed and regret that fact. Alien and Aliens were, are and will be classic sci-fi fare forever.  Predator will always be one of the best sci-fi action flix of all time.  AvP was watchable, empty but watchable.  AvPr is 1.5hrs of hackery. Plotless, emotionless, yawn inspiring hackery.  The scenes where tension is actually constructed come and go in seconds and you think "wtf, that sucked". That is how the whole movie passes, scene after scene of possibility with no payoff. How bad can a modern day script be if the only way the writer/director/studio can end the movie is to destroy everything.  Deus ex machina is the last bastion for those who lack talent. And what the hell are so many people doing propping up this turd while admitting "I haven't seen it but I'm sure it rocks"?  Tell this to your 8th grade teachers when school resumes after the holidays, "I know I'm going to get an A so I shouldn't have to do the homework."  It will work trust me.

predator343

predator343

Well that movie is bad as avp one but i thinks that movie is better than first one   ;D     ;D  

Alien-Warrior-2-Brasil

some reviews its a f**kER who make it , in Brazil the movie come out on 11 of january,lets  see , "revierwers" how much money AvP-r will have.....and Bad review dont make the movie Bad........   >:(     >:(  

Alien-Warrior-2-Brasil

and my inglish sucks xD

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed