"That’s in process" - Ridley on Next Alien Prequel

Started by Stolen, Sep 02, 2020, 07:24:59 PM

Author
"That’s in process" - Ridley on Next Alien Prequel (Read 64,259 times)

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

I loved prometheus but I hate coveant plus the aliens are the mainpoint of the aliens franchise not robot people playing god get that shit out of here the only moives were AI were the main villains that scared me was terminator 1 and 2 along with a moive called lifeform

marrerom

Great news! I am beyond excited to see Ridley complete his trilogy. David, the Engineers, and exploring the origins of the Aliens has been the best/most engaging thing to happen to the franchise in over 20 years.  :)

Norman

When is Ripley due to appear in an alien movie?, and what happened to cal and Ripley once the Auriga landed on earth?, what about that?

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

But prometheus is better than coveant though prometheus has its problems but coveant is just riddled with problems and plot holes like why the landing crew didn't wear protective gear how David was able to create the protomorph along with other stuff and Alien coveant actually lost money

Wayne Taylor

A poor film does not mean the xeno is dead. What we all want is a damn good film with our favourite nightmares, a good film Ridley. His view is far to limited, you've been a great director but please leave Alien alone. Let some fresh blood steer the wheel.

Lost_Hunter

Spot on. Any scrap of news is exciting, let's hope it happens. I enjoy Prometheus save for a couple of scenes. Covenant was trash in my opinion. I think the future of the franchise lies with the Space Jockey and the Big Chap as it always has. Don't know if we can expect to see anything anytime soon with the state of the world but here's hoping.

Cbass

Everyone wants a movie about the engineers. Literally. Far more interesting.

acrediblesource

The budget already far exceeds that of a slasher horror film. Don't know where Ridley wants to take the franchise, but you know its going to be edgy with not quiet enough edge.

Rush Hour Rambo

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 03, 2020, 12:53:48 PM
He might not be interested in the horror elements of the creature, but he is very interested in the world and the "Why?" behind the creature's existence and how it relates to the lineage of creators and creations that he is exploring.

I think to say that Ridley isn't interested in making Alien movies is disingenuous. To say that he isn't interested in the Alien itself is, too. He just has his own set of ideas for how he wants to explore the baked in concepts of the franchise and I, personally, as both a fan of the Alien films and a fan of Ridley Scott as a filmmaker and his ideas in general, want to see his narrative here concluded.

After that, bring in another filmmaker to do what they want with the Alien. Knowing Disney, you'll get something much more traditional and close to the first two films then. That's inevitable. In the meantime, let Ridley finish up what he's doing and have his fun with his corner of the material here.

Personally I feel Ridley has a massively skewed idea of how interesting the creation of the alien species is to people. Outside of fan's of the franchise keen enough to sign up for a forum ie us lol, probably very few are intersted. Most probably went to see the prequels because they thought they were seeing a Alien movie.

We could have had Ridley making a proper Alien sequel instead we have this indulgence. It's all a missed opportunity to me. If Ridley wanted to make a movie which didn't feature the alien he could have made Beverly Hills Cop 4, or anything he liked.

If it has to be a personal indulgence on what Ridley wants then sure make the third pre-quel so this tedium can be finished for good and we can get on to what people really want to see, a full blown Alien sequel baby.

Jutland

Jutland

Quote from: marrerom on Sep 03, 2020, 01:50:47 PM
Great news! I am beyond excited to see Ridley complete his trilogy. David, the Engineers, and exploring the origins of the Aliens has been the best/most engaging thing to happen to the franchise in over 20 years.  :)

I agree, for it's worth.

For all the problems of the prequel movies, and the problems were many, the films are still interesting, and they are interesting because Scott decided to explore how things started. It was probably the only way to go. Anything else would have been 'monster in the dark attacks someone!' which has been done, like, a million times.

Quote from: Morse on Sep 03, 2020, 06:49:22 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 03, 2020, 12:53:48 PM
He might not be interested in the horror elements of the creature, but he is very interested in the world and the "Why?" behind the creature's existence and how it relates to the lineage of creators and creations that he is exploring.

I think to say that Ridley isn't interested in making Alien movies is disingenuous. To say that he isn't interested in the Alien itself is, too. He just has his own set of ideas for how he wants to explore the baked in concepts of the franchise and I, personally, as both a fan of the Alien films and a fan of Ridley Scott as a filmmaker and his ideas in general, want to see his narrative here concluded.

After that, bring in another filmmaker to do what they want with the Alien. Knowing Disney, you'll get something much more traditional and close to the first two films then. That's inevitable. In the meantime, let Ridley finish up what he's doing and have his fun with his corner of the material here.

Personally I feel Ridley has a massively skewed idea of how interesting the creation of the alien species is to people. Outside of fan's of the franchise keen enough to sign up for a forum ie us lol, probably very few are intersted. Most probably went to see the prequels because they thought they were seeing a Alien movie.

We could have had Ridley making a proper Alien sequel instead we have this indulgence. It's all a missed opportunity to me. If Ridley wanted to make a movie which didn't feature the alien he could have made Beverly Hills Cop 4, or anything he liked.

If it has to be a personal indulgence on what Ridley wants then sure make the third pre-quel so this tedium can be finished for good and we can get on to what people really want to see, a full blown Alien sequel baby.

But everyone's already seen an Alien sequel. It was in 1986, and it was pretty good. 

Rabbit2100

Ridley needs to be kept FAR AWAY from any future film projects involving this universe. It's a shame, but it feels so blatant that he has ZERO idea of what he's doing.

Evanus

Quote from: Rabbit2100 on Sep 03, 2020, 06:59:27 PM
Ridley needs to be kept FAR AWAY from any future film projects involving this universe. It's a shame, but it feels so blatant that he has ZERO idea of what he's doing.
Oh, he knows what he's doing.

Spoiler
Whatever the f**k he wants.
[close]

Giger fan

Prometheus and covenant should not have existed in the alien universe at all because it was Ridley's attempt to ask a different question than the ones the fans even wanted answers for.  Making the Space Jockey some man in a chair and space suit was insulting, especially considering the size of the creature in the chair was way larger than the "engineers". Saying that humans were seeded by humanoid aliens from space is also stupid within the universe the original movie suggested.  And the concept of the black goo is a totally over used trite scifi trope taken from the X-files, the Matrix, and a couple others i cant remember.  Disappointed.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Evanus on Sep 03, 2020, 07:07:08 PM
Quote from: Rabbit2100 on Sep 03, 2020, 06:59:27 PM
Oh, he knows what he's doing.

Spoiler
Whatever the f**k he wants.
[close]

Indeed  ;D

Is there any better way to know what you are doing than Ridley's way? which is to follow your own artistic vision without giving a f**k on studio and fans. Well you also have the Cameron way, the Nolan way, the Rian Johnson way, etc. But Riddles's is the coolest one.

Edit - Of course he couldn't have done that in 1979 or before  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed