Prometheus Fan Reviews

Started by Darkness, May 30, 2012, 05:46:52 AM

In short, what did you think of the film?

Loved it! (5/5)
143 (32.4%)
Good, but not great (4/5)
148 (33.6%)
It was okay, nothing good (3/5)
68 (15.4%)
Didn't care for it (2/5)
30 (6.8%)
It sucked (1/5)
27 (6.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
25 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 438

Author
Prometheus Fan Reviews (Read 316,901 times)

szkoki

szkoki

the movie has great ideas that really break new ground but seems Ridley forgot about the basics of directing a movie

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jun 07, 2012, 02:55:20 AM
All this talk about character development....when I think back to the alien series....I only remember one to 2 main characters with plausible development per film.

I think what people are saying is the the characters are well defined even with the little time they get. You know in Alien that the mechanic slack offs are mechanics and slack offs, they dont want to search they just want their money and they  screw around down below. Hudson is a goof who doesnt want to be there, Vasquez is the tough chick that can be on the level with men, Gorman is the rookie officer that is trying to seem experienced, etc.

****some spoiler BTW... but we all saw this movie who are here reading at this point, right?****

In this film we dont get a lot of definition. To tell you the truth.... i still dont know what Vickers is suppose to be doing there. I know she is the jealous daughter that wants her pop dead to finally take over but on the ship.... she was there to kill her old man? Laugh at him when he failed? In the beginning of the film Weyland says Shaw and Holloway are basically in charge of the mission but we spend the rest of the film with Janek and Vicker fighting over command. Vickers clearly want this to fail yet Dave is in there getting direct commands and they just let her try to stop this? Why? I guess Weyland wants to gloat too?

And im sorry but Janek to me came off worst than Gorman, all this stuff happens on the ship with his people and he never really does anything. His moments i guess were when he burns Super Fif and when he crashes into the ship but those action dont really give that much flavor. And lets not even talk about his two co-pilots that just spent the whole movie talking about a bet. I didnt even know what their jobs were which is sad cause in the first film one person sits with star charts, one pilots, one goes for communication, it's clearly defined at the start.   

Then there's security man that gets one line and i dont think we see again, which just brings up the question..... did they need that line to explain why there were flame throwers? I guess they did that because in the first film they didnt have flame throwers and they made some up. But who remembers that but the fans? And i dont think we would complain about that, right?

Fif and Milburn are really just Scooby and Shaggy. A geologist that barks and howls at his machines and has a helmet bong and a botanist who is afraid about alien life but the first time he sees one he treats it like little toy.  Oh and they get lost while knowing their grid position. They really should have just thrown a scooby snack reference.

I think the big difference is that in the first few flicks we get dialogue giving a bit of character while in this film we get more actions to define the character and these two methods do end up working differently because, using Vickers, we clearly know that she does not want this mission to succeed based on her actions but we dont really know until the very end when get that one line of dialogue and that point.... the movie is over.....why would we care? What is done is done.

departedhero20

departedhero20

;D saw it a few hours ago a saw a copy of the film on the internet i looked pretty good for a copy and i must say the ending really leaves u desiring for a sequel shaw takes to herself to find the engineers home world maybe just maybe if they do make a sequel it will complete the tie in with Alien that could explain a different cargo on a different ship the eggs the xenomorph not actually been in this one and the fact that this space jockeys are smaller because probably on their home world their are bigger ones like in the original alien that was found on the derelict ship once u think about it the movie makes sense however weylands death puts lots of doubts on if the weyland we know from the alien universe its a clone of the real weyland or its something that will happen in a future sequel that we haven't even considered before. ???

my personal review on the film without any spoilers is that the movie it was pretty good amazing visuals the story and the script could have had more work done than this however the film entertains it really leaves u with an open mind on what may yet come if a sequel is ever done i just hope that the sequel if it is a final sequel ties in all the lose ends and questions this movie leaves u i do sincerely hope they make another but that they take in consideration  not ruining the alien universe that has already been established i understand this is not just a prequel but a new series a new story an extension on the alien universe but it should not override the already established continuity and time line thus ruining the alien saga we fans have loved for years and many other will for years and years to come thank u for reading pardon my grammar im puerto rican.  lol

Uncanny Antman

Yep.  That's a heck of a long sentence.  :)

LIG

LIG

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jun 07, 2012, 02:45:35 PM

And im sorry but Janek to me came off worst than Gorman, all this stuff happens on the ship with his people and he never really does anything.

In Janek's words - "I just pilot the ship"  ;D feel its a bit harsh comparing him with Gorman, feel like he did more to help than Gorman who at best (untill his redemption) was like a rabbit caught in the headlights

Glaive

...and here I was thinking all pirates say is 'AAARRRrrrrrrrrr...' ::)

LIG

Quote from: departedhero20 on Jun 07, 2012, 03:02:12 PM
;D saw it a few hours ago a saw a copy of the film on the internet i looked pretty good for a copy and i must say the ending really leaves u desiring for a sequel shaw takes to herself to find the engineers home world maybe just maybe if they do make a sequel it will complete the tie in with Alien that could explain a different cargo on a different ship the eggs the xenomorph not actually been in this one and the fact that this space jockeys are smaller because probably on their home world their are bigger ones like in the original alien that was found on the derelict ship one u think about it the movie makes sense however weylands death puts lots of doubts on if the weyland we know from the alien universe its a clone of the real weyland or its something that will happen in a future sequel that we haven't even considered before. ???

BOO! You dont deserve a sequel for that  ;D not even for the piracy issue - it looks so damn good on the big screen!!

departedhero20

:)i cant wait to see it on the theather in 3d too bad out here in puerto rico it comes the 14th u guys get tomorrow lol  lucky bastards. :P

LIG

Quote from: departedhero20 on Jun 07, 2012, 03:16:46 PM
:)i cant wait to see it on the theather in 3d too bad out here in puerto rico it comes the 14th u guys get tomorrow lol  lucky bastards. :P

I'm in the UK - had it since Friday! The 14th?! I feel for you!

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: SiL on Jun 07, 2012, 12:40:06 PM
Of the series, I'd rank it nowhere. It's not part of it. It's a spinoff, for me. It's its own thing. And it's just dandy like that as far as I'm concerned.

But it is an Alien prequel whether you like it or not. Are you saying it's not canon?

departedhero20

yeah the wait has been eternal for me i wonder if ridley thinks to make a robin hood sequel lol

mastermoon

mastermoon

To be honest I thought Elizabeth Shaw and David 8 got good character development. Yes this movie is flawed but it's still good, for years now I've always wanted Ridley Scott to make a movie involving the Space Jockeys.

Anarchist86ed

Anarchist86ed

I'm not going to spoil anything, but I got to see the movie late last night and...

Mass Effect 3 was not as disappointing.

But I did not go in expecting it to live up to it's hype anyway. I knew it wouldn't live up to it. The plot holes are unforgivable. And the movie moves WAY to fast. I felt like I should have watched something else before watching this movie to know what was going on. And the ending was ridiculous.

The engineers are a Joke. We learned nothing about why they did what they did or why they were going to do what they were going to do.

Oh well. Is what it is to late to change it now.

mastermoon

mastermoon

Quote from: Anarchist86ed on Jun 07, 2012, 04:58:35 PM
I'm not going to spoil anything, but I got to see the movie late last night and...

Mass Effect 3 was not as disappointing.

But I did not go in expecting it to live up to it's hype anyway. I knew it wouldn't live up to it. The plot holes are unforgivable. And the movie moves WAY to fast. I felt like I should have watched something else before watching this movie to know what was going on. And the ending was ridiculous.

The engineers are a Joke. We learned nothing about why they did what they did or why they were going to do what they were going to do.

Oh well. Is what it is to late to change it now.

What does a damn video game like Mass Effect 3 have to do with Prometheus?, thats just like comparing Resident Evil 5 with Predators.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8wYBClAtek#ws

JeremyJahns liked the movie and I always enjoy hearing his opinions on movies. He gets my approval!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed