Prometheus Fan Reviews

Started by Darkness, May 30, 2012, 05:46:52 AM

In short, what did you think of the film?

Loved it! (5/5)
143 (32.4%)
Good, but not great (4/5)
148 (33.6%)
It was okay, nothing good (3/5)
68 (15.4%)
Didn't care for it (2/5)
30 (6.8%)
It sucked (1/5)
27 (6.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
25 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 438

Author
Prometheus Fan Reviews (Read 316,854 times)

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Hey Cvalda, like my sig?

Cvalda

Cvalda

In a heartbroken kinda way, yeah :P

Deuterium

Deuterium

LOL, love your sig, JaaayDee.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Finally went to see this and given the mixed reaction round these here parts just went with someone who knows little of Alien or its sequels to see what they would think of it.
We both walked out of the cinema loving it.
As has been said most of the acting was good but David really stole the show, brilliant performance there.

The first thing he asked me when it was over was "what the hell was that black goo", and I agreed with him that it was silly that it could pull off all kinds of bullshit with no explanation and that is my major gripe with the film followed by the Space jockeys motive or lack of, for wanting to kill humanity.

The proto-alien and facehugger annoyed me just because there was no need for them and I can't see how you could go from them to Egg,Facehugger,Chestburster,Alien since it makes that lifecycle inferior.

Overall the film gave more questions than answers and had better get a sequel to give those answers.

RabidNinja

RabidNinja

finally saw it in britain and although the film didnt 100% blow me away, it was entertaining. however, i felt like it seemed way too rushed. no sense of character development aside from david, shaw and holloway, some questions we expected to be answered wernt, it just raised more questions and the ending seem wayy too open, which i didnt really expect, but you can tell a sequel is in the works.

Spoiler

one point i do love though was the story, the gore (especially when the snake breaks that guys arm and you actually see the bone pop out, i grinned, shivered and felt like curling up into a ball because of the tension, sounds and scene of it all) and the ending. i mean i never expected anything like it for a protoxeno to be coming up out of nowhere from a giant squid/facehugger.
[close]

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: Nightlord on Jun 04, 2012, 11:37:37 PM

The proto-alien and facehugger annoyed me just because there was no need for them and I can't see how you could go from them to Egg,Facehugger,Chestburster,Alien since it makes that lifecycle inferior.

Overall the film gave more questions than answers and had better get a sequel to give those answers.
I agree - it wasn't needed (well if done in more subtle way perhaps). However, it seemed to me that this version of the lifecycle is inferior as it required the additional stage of Shaw/Holloway having sex and conceiving the facehugger i.e. an additional stage.

Interesting to think what would have happened if Shaw hadn't had the C section. Perhaps if left longer she would have birthed something not dissimilar to the xeno egg rather than live squid thing...

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1446714/ It's currently sitting at an 8.0 score after 13,755 user votes.

Safe to say the casual audience is loving it. :P

MrLee

MrLee

Quote from: Blacklabel on Jun 05, 2012, 12:44:18 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1446714/ It's currently sitting at an 8.0 score after 13,755 user votes.

What a shame, now Ridleys gonna think hes done good when really he needs a kick up his arse.

Plokoon111

Plokoon111

Quote from: MrLee on Jun 05, 2012, 01:49:24 PM
Quote from: Blacklabel on Jun 05, 2012, 12:44:18 PM

What a shame, now Ridleys gonna think hes done good when really he needs a kick up his arse.

^ Says the 10% who hate the film. And not all the fans.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Darth Vile on Jun 05, 2012, 09:35:14 AM
Interesting to think what would have happened if Shaw hadn't had the C section. Perhaps if left longer she would have birthed something not dissimilar to the xeno egg rather than live squid thing...

Spoiler
She only had a few more moments until it would've killed her. At its rate of growth, by the time we see her escape from the room, it would have needed to tear its way out.
[close]

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 05, 2012, 07:54:19 PM
Quote from: Darth Vile on Jun 05, 2012, 09:35:14 AM

Spoiler
She only had a few more moments until it would've killed her. At its rate of growth, by the time we see her escape from the room, it would have needed to tear its way out.
[close]

Possibly... but it didn't look like the baby squid was equipped to burst free a la the chestburster.
Spoiler
I'm thinking how more interesting it would/could have been if the engineer would have birthed a xeno egg as opposed to proto Alien...
[close]

Gap2NinjaFlip

Gap2NinjaFlip

So if Predators taught Humans everything, I'm guessing they gave Engineers the technology to create humans, and maybe stole alien eggs to harvest for themselves. Idk just a random thought, I really liked the movie tho, but the beginning is still puzzling, after the engineer took a (shot of death) and a ship was hovering about 100ft above, I didn't get that.   

Oh and if you haven't seen the movie and don't like spoilers, then don't go reading through a Forum Board DUHHHH!!

r888

r888

So out of everyone nobody like the ending

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: r888 on Jun 06, 2012, 02:04:08 AM

I thought the ending was pure sh*te.  Nearly everyone in the cinema either shook their heads or just sighed when it happened.  Myself included.

Referring back to my comment about how Prometheus is filled with unused ideas and concepts from Alien:

Spoiler

These little sensors we see flying around and mapping the Pyramid complex was something Ridley wanted to do with Alien except he was going to call them 'Mice'

I wanted to have small flying objects, like sensor's, which flew up and down the corridors.  They would find a problem, stop by a computer bank and fix it like little handymen.  I wanted to call them 'mice'.  At the beginning of the film they would be the only things that were alive on the ship.  We'd have shot a long empty corridor, so you'd hear them coming before you actually saw them.  Then WHOOOSH! It would pass by the camera, going through the corridor.

- Ridley Scott, Fantasic Films Magazine.

So glad they didn't make into Alien.
[close]

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jun 06, 2012, 02:26:16 AM
Quote from: r888 on Jun 06, 2012, 02:04:08 AM

I thought the ending was pure sh*te.  Nearly everyone in the cinema either shook their heads or just sighed when it happened.  Myself included.

Referring back to my comment about how Prometheus is filled with unused ideas and concepts from Alien:

Spoiler

These little sensors we see flying around and mapping the Pyramid complex was something Ridley wanted to do with Alien except he was going to call them 'Mice'

I wanted to have small flying objects, like sensor's, which flew up and down the corridors.  They would find a problem, stop by a computer bank and fix it like little handymen.  I wanted to call them 'mice'.  At the beginning of the film they would be the only things that were alive on the ship.  We'd have shot a long empty corridor, so you'd hear them coming before you actually saw them.  Then WHOOOSH! It would pass by the camera, going through the corridor.

- Ridley Scott, Fantasic Films Magazine.

So glad they didn't make into Alien.
[close]
Dude, you have to give me that F.F. interview  :laugh: I have a few reprints but not that one. Ridley seems to be falling back on old ideas - he's resurrecting an old discarded Blade Runner scene for his sequel.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed