Prometheus Fan Reviews

Started by Darkness, May 30, 2012, 05:46:52 AM

In short, what did you think of the film?

Loved it! (5/5)
143 (32.4%)
Good, but not great (4/5)
148 (33.6%)
It was okay, nothing good (3/5)
68 (15.4%)
Didn't care for it (2/5)
30 (6.8%)
It sucked (1/5)
27 (6.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
25 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 438

Author
Prometheus Fan Reviews (Read 318,995 times)

robbritton

robbritton

Quote from: JaaayDee on Jun 01, 2012, 10:09:42 AM
Spoiler
Do we see young Shaw in flashbacks or holographic memory screens?  Also, where do we see Patrick Wilson?
[close]

Spoiler
David is watching her dream of her past on a hologram while she hypersleeps. You see Patrick Wilson as her father in the same scene, talking about how religions differ and are about individual choice.
[close]

NGR01

Quote from: PROM3TH3US on Jun 01, 2012, 12:48:45 AM
Quote from: NGR01 on May 31, 2012, 10:25:29 PM
Quote from: PROM3TH3US on May 31, 2012, 09:46:39 PM
Quote from: NGR01 on May 31, 2012, 09:32:05 PM
Ok so you've seen the movie and you have forgotten about this.
The movie is so awesome as you say in your review that it blew your mind AND memory.
That is quite a concern forsomeone as young as you mate :)

Lets find another thing then.
What is DAVID doing when he's watching a movie in the opening scenes where he's alone in the Prometheus?
Again simple question and it's something that you can't forget.

Jesus. Both of you give it a rest already.  I'm pretty sure he have not seen the film yet and not even in France without having to ask him any questions.  How do I know?  His time line/zone posting are totally off in the video and on here.  The room that he's filming is the same room he's in an older video.  I didn't bother to push the case because at least he's not a troll that tries to paint and go around and say "Promeus is shit" all over Youtube.

Excuses me for avoiding this kind of beahvior spread.
Funny how it ok to you since he's saying the movie is awesome.
If he said otherwise you would be all over him saying that he know shit...

Quote from: EEV-2501 on May 31, 2012, 09:42:59 PM
^ Peter O' Toole style. ;) So funny.

Yes lol.
Did you notice that the shot from comiccon where he's crying comes from that scene?
More proof that the movie has been largely recut.

I'm sorry but you're are becoming more annoying than he is.  Yeah we all know you don't like the film.  Don't go preaching it to everyone and in every thread and trying to convince everyone else.  It's how you're doing it.  I don't see the harm in him in doing anything really wrong.  All he did was taking all the positive feed back from the incoming reviews and just relaying or spinning it to his own version which isn't totally out of context or false about the movie .  Even though he lied about seeing it doesn't make him some very bad guy.

I just love how you sum up all i've said about the movie by "you don't like the movie".
Don't put word into my mouth please.
Read me right or don't bother.
I have said nagative things about the movie, mostly about the climax.
If that means to you that you can sum it up to "he hated the mivie" then you should seek help...

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Vickers on Jun 01, 2012, 05:21:59 AM
Spoiler
Is her death a result of being heroic and perhaps saving Shaw who had fallen?  Or does she just not manage to outrun the rolling derelict?
[close]

Spoiler
She simply trips, falls and gets crushed. Very disappointing if you ask me, one of the things I really didn't like about the movie.
[close]

I mean, if they really wanted a death scene...

Spoiler
...why not have her be killed by the Engineer or the Starbeast a few minutes later? :-\
[close]

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

^Starbeast ? You mean the squid monster ? Nice one Laufey. :laugh:

maniace

maniace

Well my user review can be found here:

http://www.slashingthrough.com/reviews.php?id=136

I have to say I am impressed by the visuals but I found that the rest of the movie was lacking a lot of story and the ending was really rushed.

3.5/5

Arrgghh so many new questions and old ones that haven't been anwsered :(

aliennaire

aliennaire

Quote from: Laufey on Jun 01, 2012, 11:06:28 AM
Spoiler
...why not have her be killed by the Engineer or the Starbeast a few minutes later? :-\
[close]

Spoiler
Exactly my thought, because it feels like the Blue guy died too early: he throws Show against the wall/door and next moment gets killed by the freed squidy-baby. Vikers' death in-between would vary the episode.
[close]

robbritton

robbritton

Other people who've seen it:
Spoiler
do you reckon the little worm things were already in the temple, or is the implication that they're microbes from the crew's boots in accelerated growth? it seemed a little unclear to me.
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: robbritton on Jun 01, 2012, 11:50:56 AMOther people who've seen it:
Spoiler
do you reckon the little worm things were already in the temple, or is the implication that they're microbes from the crew's boots in accelerated growth? it seemed a little unclear to me.
[close]

Spoiler
It was clearly shown that some maggots fell off the boots as they walked around inside the temple.
[close]

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Well, the consensus is that the film is solid, and good. Interesting.

NGR01

NGR01

I tought the consensus was it was good but failed in characterization and its climax was rushed ;)

aliennaire

aliennaire

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jun 01, 2012, 11:56:18 AM
Well, the consensus is that the film is solid, and good. Interesting.
It's a good sci fi film, arguably it will become one of the best in its genre, you just don't have to juxtapose it with the original. In that relation Alien fans are somewhat cursed, in a sense, to perceive the film from already set standpoint.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

I've only read the 'its climax felt rushed' from maybe 3 people.

NGR01

NGR01

So again the majority must be right ;)
I know what consensus means just teasing you a bit.

aliennaire

aliennaire

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jun 01, 2012, 12:12:30 PM
I've only read the 'its climax felt rushed' from maybe 3 people.
All good third part of the film gets rushed, in my opinion. So is the climax, there personally I have no complaints with speeded up pacing. (But the content of some scenes here is really mind-boggling).

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Kimo on Jun 01, 2012, 05:09:37 AM
Quote from: ucdom on Jun 01, 2012, 05:01:54 AM
Quote from: Kimo on Jun 01, 2012, 04:56:56 AM
Oh and another thing is that at the end of the film people were clapping... now i live in the UK and up north i never hear people clap infact this was my first time hearing people clap.

In my local (Chatham) there was some restrained clapping and whooping when the BBFC card came up, and stony silence at the end. No idea what anyone else thought (I was there alone, and most others were in big groups, mostly late teens and about three people my age - 40 - or older), but there was no clapping.

Might be a area thing. i am from middlesbrough and had go to newcastle to watch it on the IMAX and its the first time i heard clapping at a end of a film. not everyone was clapping but a good few were. However people were going mad CLAPPING over the Spiderman trailer it looked pretty cool in 3D.

Im from Middelsbrough to and saw the film in REAL 3D, the  effect was ok, not really into 3D mostly but it was a very good film, not great but I did enjoy the first half a lot but it was so badly cut

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed