Prometheus Fan Reviews

Started by Darkness, May 30, 2012, 05:46:52 AM

In short, what did you think of the film?

Loved it! (5/5)
143 (32.4%)
Good, but not great (4/5)
148 (33.6%)
It was okay, nothing good (3/5)
68 (15.4%)
Didn't care for it (2/5)
30 (6.8%)
It sucked (1/5)
27 (6.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
25 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 438

Author
Prometheus Fan Reviews (Read 319,053 times)

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: Darth Vile on May 31, 2012, 08:06:34 PM
Quote from: Cvalda on May 31, 2012, 04:09:16 PM
After Eva's reviews and thoughts, my fan rage has definitely subsided a bit. I guess it really was too much to hope for an excellent addition to the series, but I suppose a solid one isn't too bad. I just want to see this goddamn thing so I can write my own review and get it over and done with :laugh:
Alien 3 was a "solid" addition. Prometheus is a very good addition to the series... and a good standalone sci/fi blockbuster too.

To me Prometheus destroyed more the Alien series.
Seriously, space jockey is just a human that is supposed to have created humanity?
And Weyland is exactly the same dude as the one in AVP?
It destroyed Alien more than building anything.

BerserkerPred

Well considering I've been painting the house all day and haven't had anytime to go online until just more, I kinda wish you would.

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: Le Celticant on May 31, 2012, 08:26:18 PM
Quote from: Darth Vile on May 31, 2012, 08:06:34 PM
After Eva's reviews and thoughts, my fan rage has definitely subsided a bit. I guess it really was too much to hope for an excellent addition to the series, but I suppose a solid one isn't too bad. I just want to see this goddamn thing so I can write my own review and get it over and done with :laugh:
Alien 3 was a "solid" addition. Prometheus is a very good addition to the series... and a good standalone sci/fi blockbuster too.

To me Prometheus destroyed more the Alien series.
Seriously, space jockey is just a human that is supposed to have created humanity?
And Weyland is exactly the same dude as the one in AVP?
It destroyed Alien more than building anything.
I'm sorry, but that seems like a ridiculously over dramatic view. Prometheus does nothing to undermine the original. If you think it does... too bad. Slap on AVP and enjoy yerself...

NGR01

Quote from: BerserkerPred on May 31, 2012, 07:55:43 PM
" So BerserkerPred answer the question and please before the movie is released in your country ^^"

Spoiler
they bake a bet about whether Vickers is an artificial human/robot (she's not)
[close]

Happy now?

No, I'm gonna guess youre not

Havent read your rant mate so it was pointless sorry.

This is not the bet they made.
You lied you did not saw the movie lol.
I rest my case.
Bye now.

PROM3TH3US

PROM3TH3US

People think a second viewing right after their first viewing is going to make a big different.  It usuall take me months or years to finally accept some films that I didn't like at first but now totally loved or vice versa.  Give it time.  You have nothing but yourself to blame for spoiling, debating and creating or envision the movies how you think it should all be like for months before the they release the movie.  We still have the blu-ray DC to look forward to and maybe a sequel that might tie everything together so for now I'm happy at least this is a solid sci-fi movie.

BerserkerPred

BerserkerPred

no im pretty sure that was the bet :-\

Well I know they mentioned something about her being an android.

unless you're talking about them changing up/engineering the planet they were going to?

But was that a real bet?

Quote from: NGR01 on May 31, 2012, 08:40:52 PM

Havent read your rant mate so it was pointless sorry.

This is not the bet they made.
You lied you did not saw the movie lol.
I rest my case.
Bye now.

Well, I don't have to deal with @ssholes like you anymore, telling me what I have and have not seen. I HAVE seen the movie and I don't give a flying fück what you think i did or did not see I KNOW for a fact I watched Prometheus in Cannes and if you're going to treat me like a little kid, quizzing me on things only the major fanboys would remember, then have fun being the first person on this board to meet my ignore list. Toodles! :)

Truise

Truise

Quote from: PROM3TH3US on May 31, 2012, 08:41:05 PM
People think a second viewing right after their first viewing is going to make a big different.  It usuall take me months or years to finally accept some films that I didn't like at first but now totally loved or vice versa.  Give it time.  You have nothing but yourself to blame for spoiling, debating and creating or envision the movies how you think it should all be like for months before the they release the movie.  We still have the blu-ray DC to look forward to and maybe a sequel that might tie everything together so for now I'm happy at least this is a solid sci-fi movie.

I don't understand this line of reasoning. Discussing the movie and creating expectations about it doesn't ruin the experience. If the movie can hold it's own in regards to plot, acting and whatnot, there is no reason for people to enjoy it for what it is. 

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

I never had to wait to like a movie.
I never expected a Lord of the Ring movie to end on a sooooo unclosed story (we know they have to destroy the ring and won't before the end. But they don't throw us this purpose at the very end of a movie just for the sake of possibly make another sequel > $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ )
I never expected anything from the movie because all I wanted is the SJ to remain a total mystery.
In a way Prometheus succeed.

Don't think you know a shit about me.  ::)

Eva

Eva

Oh boy, now I certainly hope you won't hate it to death next week, otherwise I just might recieve angry Winona eyes in abundance, from igniting that tiny shimmer of hope inside you  :)

I can't remember exactly what parts of the film you were most worried about, apart from soundtrack (turned out to be quite allright) and LMG (confirmed to be a knucklehead in this film)....

With regards to compiling a long list of unanswered plot details or otherwise just details in the film, I'll recommend giving it some time and think it over. A couple of potential answers to those questions, might be hinted at or reveal themselves in the context of the film itself. I'll just remind people that Alien gave us an abundance of questions about the spacejockey, his ship and the xenomorphs and it offered absolutely no answers - nada. Did it take away from the film in the long run? No.  :)

PROM3TH3US

PROM3TH3US

Quote from: Truise on May 31, 2012, 08:53:27 PM

I don't understand this line of reasoning. Discussing the movie and creating expectations about it doesn't ruin the experience. If the movie can hold it's own in regards to plot, acting and whatnot, there is no reason for people to enjoy it for what it is.

Yes it does.  I wouldn't probably have the same good feeling reaction that I did withThe Matrix. Inception, Alien or any fine movies out if I was given to much to play with and let it mode into something I I revisit every night in my head that this would be awesome if this and this happen feeling giddy.  When you finally watch it and it doesn't exceed or come close to what you have planted in your head for months.  It a good chance you will be disappointed.  That's why I love back in the days where there were no internet and how you get blown away such movies like Jurassic Park because seeing dinosaurs walking and breathing for the very first time on screen.

NGR01

The only person that questions Vickers humanity is Janek and he  ask her directly...

They make a bet for 100 credits.
The first time they talk about it it's during the brief.
Then when they see the temples.
Lastly right before their sacrifice.
It's even some sort of punchline.

Like i said no way you missed it.
If you saw the movie.
No need to be an ALIEN fan to notice.
No way you miss it.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

No it doesn't.
I wanted to believe that the first AVP was going to be an awesome movie (I was 14 years old) and for me it was going to be a very good film
I saw it and I said... no, this is just bad, I mean awful.

I thought the same about King Kong from Peter Jackson.
For me it was going to be a very very bad movie that I was going to regret compare to the classic.
Failed, I love it.

BerserkerPred

No bothering replying to me.

I told you I was not sure what they were "betting on" all I remember them talking about is whether they were "terraforming" the planet or not.

I don't remember specific details they said somehting about money but I didn't take that as an actual bet.

NGR01

I rest my case.

Enjoy the movie when you actually see it.

:)

Mechafist

Mechafist

Thanks for all the Reviews guys^^
It's really good to see that some of you liked the movie. This makes more confident about it.

It looks like it's exactly how i predicted...Very entertain but not near as good as Alien.
Still very excited to watch it  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed