Part of Prometheus set 'millions of years in the past'

Started by Valaquen, Mar 15, 2011, 03:24:12 AM

Author
Part of Prometheus set 'millions of years in the past' (Read 33,177 times)

Valaquen

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Mar 17, 2011, 02:54:44 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 15, 2011, 05:24:53 AM

Could be, but JoBlo said the interview was in December, not last summer.

Well, this the Blick interview link was given a couple of days ago at AlienExperience.com and it just so happens that Joblo picked up on it. Probably Joblo read the date on the Blick article which was 12.05.2010 as if it were written in the American way and not the European way.  So he would think it was the December 5th rather than 12th of May

So we also have a comparison to Back to the Future to think about!
Always on the ball, wmmvrrvrrmm  8)

DaddyYautja

Quote from: SM on Mar 17, 2011, 03:47:36 AM
Yeah, but how does Jesus fit in?

Predator Jesus?

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: predxeno on Mar 17, 2011, 12:00:10 PM
Hey, SM asked a question and I provided a possible answer.  I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Rhetorical in the question and false seriousness in the discontentment.

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Mar 18, 2011, 12:23:29 AM
Quote from: SM on Mar 17, 2011, 03:47:36 AM
Yeah, but how does Jesus fit in?

Predator Jesus?
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/8499/2386760.jpg

Well I was going for Zoidberg Jesus, but okay.

Psycho

thats freaking cool!

Federick Gonsa

The whole million years into the future could be another mislead from fox. Perhaps they heard it and said "wow... That is so not our script... but hey, we can use this to mislead even more!"

Valaquen

Quote from: Federick Gonsa on Mar 20, 2011, 06:24:31 AM
The whole million years into the future could be another mislead from fox. Perhaps they heard it and said "wow... That is so not our script... but hey, we can use this to mislead even more!"
All we have is speculation, I guess. I asked Diane O'Bannon about it via FB, here's what she told me:

Frankly, I have calls in to 20th about this new non-Alien Alien prequel, since they have contractual obligations to the writers if it is part of the Alien franchise. No one has gotten back to me. Perhaps it is so very secret, even their legal department doesn't know. I am thinking that soon perhaps my attorney will ask them.

Wobblyboddle77

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 20, 2011, 08:10:09 AM
All we have is speculation, I guess. I asked Diane O'Bannon about it via FB, here's what she told me:

Frankly, I have calls in to 20th about this new non-Alien Alien prequel, since they have contractual obligations to the writers if it is part of the Alien franchise. No one has gotten back to me. Perhaps it is so very secret, even their legal department doesn't know. I am thinking that soon perhaps my attorney will ask them.

Is it me, or is there an aura of, "we'll sue for not being consulted about the fact of if this is an alien franchise or not related film from the O'Bannon clan?. Fair enough if they're entitled to some of the profits from the film rights, but why can't both sides just sit down and thrash this out in a civil manner. I know fox are not known for being the easiest people to liase with when it comes to money and royalties. but frankly it's posts with comments like this which get the wheels of legal and copyright breach proceedings turning. Which can lead to production and release delays. It nearly happened with watchmen a few years back. Off the subject ,does andyone know if Ridley got his R/18 rating he was pushing for after for prometheus? or did Rothman and his buddies get the PG13 they wanted?

Valaquen

Quote from: Wobblyboddle77 on Mar 20, 2011, 11:09:40 AM
Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 20, 2011, 08:10:09 AM

Is it me, or is there an aura of, "we'll sue for not being consulted about the fact of if this is an alien franchise or not related film from the O'Bannon clan?. Fair enough if they're entitled to some of the profits from the film rights, but why can't both sides just sit down and thrash this out in a civil manner. I know fox are not known for being the easiest people to liase with when it comes to money and royalties. but frankly it's posts with comments like this which get the wheels of legal and copyright breach proceedings turning. Which can lead to production and release delays. It nearly happened with watchmen a few years back. Off the subject ,does andyone know if Ridley got his R/18 rating he was pushing for after for prometheus? or did Rothman and his buddies get the PG13 they wanted?
No, it means if it's an Alien film, O'Bannon gets credited, as he did for every other Alien film in a 'Characters Created By' credit. Since it's been rumoured to be an Alien film, and they haven't been contacted, then they're curious to know what's going on. She didn't mean anything at all 'suing,' lawyers are also intermediaries for business, and may be need to prick the ears of someone who, after several attempts, have been ignoring the other party.The film won't be put into delays over a bloody 'Characters Created By' credit. As for the rating issue, that seemed to be rumour amid all the other BS that was floating around.

Wobblyboddle77

Thanks alot for clearing that up, it looks like fox are taking the same approach as avatar , by keeping stum and only releasing bits here and there.

ThisBethesdaSea

If the derelict and the space jockey are in it, it's an alien film.

Bad Replicant

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 20, 2011, 11:14:05 AM
No, it means if it's an Alien film, O'Bannon gets credited, as he did for every other Alien film in a 'Characters Created By' credit. Since it's been rumoured to be an Alien film, and they haven't been contacted, then they're curious to know what's going on. She didn't mean anything at all 'suing,' lawyers are also intermediaries for business, and may be need to prick the ears of someone who, after several attempts, have been ignoring the other party.The film won't be put into delays over a bloody 'Characters Created By' credit. As for the rating issue, that seemed to be rumour amid all the other BS that was floating around.

I've noticed a few reports have listed David Giler and Walter Hill with their usual billing as producers. If that's for real, seems like Fox would have to give O'bannon and Shussett their credits as well.

shakermakerman

I hope this bridges the gap from AvP to Alien, maybe Ridley can show a Predator ship, you know just have it in the back ground or something.

Sharp Sticks

nendo

Quote from: shakermakerman on Mar 20, 2011, 10:35:08 PM
I hope this bridges the gap from AvP to Alien, maybe Ridley can show a Predator ship, you know just have it in the back ground or something.

in all honestly why would he do that? The predator was never a part of the alien franchise he created. It came about through comics which is commen to do. Think terminator versus predator etc. From there is spawned games and then movies.

Why would ridley want to accept this as part of cannon to the alien franchise?

MrSpaceJockey

Where'd I put that video of Ridley hating on AvP....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed