Prometheus Fan Reviews

Started by Darkness, May 30, 2012, 05:46:52 AM

In short, what did you think of the film?

Loved it! (5/5)
143 (32.4%)
Good, but not great (4/5)
148 (33.6%)
It was okay, nothing good (3/5)
68 (15.4%)
Didn't care for it (2/5)
30 (6.8%)
It sucked (1/5)
27 (6.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
25 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 438

Author
Prometheus Fan Reviews (Read 316,879 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Oh shit, I forgot

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 12, 2022, 02:55:12 PM
Just a horror film in space [...] that has no established canon but features the egg, facehugger, chestburster, Alien.

All of them should be this, but I realize a lot of people don't like the idea.

TC

TC

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 11, 2022, 06:47:52 PM
Also I'm not thinking retcon. I'm thinking Joker, something that doesn't retcon what's going on in the DCEU but lives outside of it, in its own universe.

I think what's happening with Sony's Spider-Man is interesting. No Way Home is so successful that there is little surprise Sony want to exploit the IP with multiple Spider-Man films at the same time; namely, both the MCU Tom Holland version and (it looks likely) a simultaneous Andrew Garfield version. They have effectively nullified fan confusion by bringing them both into the same story-verse by inventing a multi-verse which allows variant timelines.

My question is, did they have to use this trick? Could Sony have simply let the MCU Spider-Man continue on his merry way, and additionally brought back Garfield in Amazing Spider-Man 3, no explanation necessary?

There's an interview with Damon Lidelhof somewhere in which he says if the Prometheus-spawned prequels were to continue to 3, 4, or 5 films, that they would lead somewhere else besides the Ripley story of Alien '79. (IOW the prequels, in his mind, aren't prequels at all.)

Ridley Scott would probably disagree, but ignore that for now: If this were to happen, how would audiences respond? In the current storytelling climate, how much do audiences expect all stories from an IP to be interlinked?

TC

David Weyland

David Weyland

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 13, 2022, 09:00:19 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 12, 2022, 02:55:12 PM
Just a horror film in space [...] that has no established canon but features the egg, facehugger, chestburster, Alien.

All of them should be this, but I realize a lot of people don't like the idea.

Yep, fun for awhile but soon a degrading shallow collection of Halloween movies in Space, no thanks

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Utter nonsense, not everything need be high art, that model  certainly suits Alien more than the necessity of explaining everything.

David Weyland

David Weyland

Nonsense?.. a series of films doing exactly the same thing or a fresh angle each time.
I know what's nonsense there

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Nothing says it can't be a fresh take, I have brought it up many times before, but Black Mirror makes for the perfect example- the basic idea's always the same but outside of that the executions vary wildly.

Kradan

Kradan

Defending Prometheus sometimes is like bashing your head against the wall

So, guys, guys, big news ! Space Jockeys are albino people wearing bimech armour ? Isn't it a cool and unexpected twist ?

But I wanted elephant man

Isn't it amazing that they're our creators, that they created us in their own image ?

Isn't it amazing that so many light years away from our planet we found alien creatures that resemble us so much yet look distinctly different ?

Just imagine how many questions this raises ! Why do we look like them ? Why do they look like that ? Who created them ? Why they created us ? Why they abandoned us ? Why they wanted to destroy us ?

If they're responsible for creation of Aliens, does that mean there's link between us and the most horrific killing machines in universe ? What does that tells about us ?

We did so much research, came up with so many designs, we based it on Michalengelo's David for God's sake, all to create an iconic and unique alien design !

We made them white skinned, super tall and muscular, completely without any body hair, we gave them creepy ass black void eyes !

We even gave them cool biomechanical look, it's alnost like they melted with their own technology!

Say it, say it you f**ker ! I double f**king dare ya !

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 01, 2022, 10:54:28 PM

So, guys, guys, big news ! Space Jockeys are albino people wearing bimech armour ? Isn't it a cool and unexpected twist ?

Isn't it amazing that they're our creators, that they created us in their own image ?

Isn't it amazing that so many light years away from our planet we found alien creatures that resemble us so much yet look distinctly different ?

Just imagine how many questions this raises ! Why do we look like them ? Why do they look like that ? Who created them ? Why they created us ? Why they abandoned us ? Why they wanted to destroy us ?

If they're responsible for creation of Aliens, does that mean there's link between us and the most horrific killing machines in universe ? What does that tells about us ?

We did so much research, came up with so many designs, we based it on Michalengelo's David for God's sake, all to create an iconic and unique alien design !

We made them white skinned, super tall and muscular, completely without any body hair, we gave them creepy ass black void eyes !

We even gave them cool biomechanical look, it's alnost like they melted with their own technology!

Every day of my life for ten years.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 01, 2022, 10:54:28 PM

About as mind numbing as trying to explain the perspective that "humans hold a special place in the cosmos and are super important in the lives of alien species" is the most boring sci fi scenario and one the Alien franchise had successfully avoided for over 30 years to people who dismiss it as "I want elephant man".

Kradan

Kradan

I'm sorry, I may have misheard you, but have you just said "But I wanted elephant man" ? I'm sorry, I just wanted to make sure, I've heard you right

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I wanted elephant man. >:(

Kradan

Kradan

So I've heard

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Elephant man, Giger world and Earth war or GTFO. >:(

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 02, 2022, 05:58:52 AM
I'm sorry, I may have misheard you, but have you just said "But I wanted elephant man" ? I'm sorry, I just wanted to make sure, I've heard you right
Я хотел слон.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed