Alien Covenant: The Evanus Edit

Started by Evanus, Dec 12, 2017, 06:48:19 PM

Author
Alien Covenant: The Evanus Edit (Read 58,472 times)

Hard-R

If you could send me a link - thanks

Predalien39

May I have a link as well please?

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Wow, really great editing choices and splicing.

This may be my new favourite edit!

Evanus

Quote from: muthur9000 on Feb 19, 2018, 12:22:07 AM
Wow, really great editing choices and splicing.

This may be my new favourite edit!
Thanks for your kind words, it means a lot to me  :)

Predalien39

Really great edit.  There are some choices here that are mind boggling that they weren't the ones made in the actual film.
The placement of the flashback makes so much more sense, and I like how you split it up. 
The beginning piece with Shaw is still slightly jarring.  Especially that quick panning shot with her in the hallway.  Its too bad you can't get your hands on the raw materials.  I would like to see what you can really come up with.
I have a few more nitpicks that could possibly make for my personal favorite cut, but overall I think you did a really great job.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

@Evanus, I think you nail it and I think that merge the two movies into one is a great idea. Especially if you will keep the best of Prometheus and cut the pointless shit.

You can use flashback and even flashforward in order to create a more interesting story and who knows, maybe in the future with some luck you will be able to turn three prequels into an epic one single movie. Overall, good job 👍

Evanus

Quote from: Predalien39 on Feb 19, 2018, 04:19:09 AM
Really great edit.  There are some choices here that are mind boggling that they weren't the ones made in the actual film.
The placement of the flashback makes so much more sense, and I like how you split it up. 
The beginning piece with Shaw is still slightly jarring.  Especially that quick panning shot with her in the hallway.  Its too bad you can't get your hands on the raw materials.  I would like to see what you can really come up with.
I have a few more nitpicks that could possibly make for my personal favorite cut, but overall I think you did a really great job.
Thanks! Yeah I wish they just released everything, especially that 12 minute long prologue with Shaw that Scalia talked about.

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Feb 19, 2018, 04:50:47 PM
@Evanus, I think you nail it and I think that merge the two movies into one is a great idea. Especially if you will keep the best of Prometheus and cut the pointless shit.

You can use flashback and even flashforward in order to create a more interesting story and who knows, maybe in the future with some luck you will be able to turn three prequels into an epic one single movie. Overall, good job 👍

Thank you. Perhaps I will make another edit when all the movies are released, but I think that would be tricky. I mostly love the movies the way they are already, and making an edit that smashes all films together would require me to cut a lot of stuff, which I'm not sure I want to do. I just decided to make this one for Covenant, not because I wanted to fix the movie or anything, I just thought I could make the movie a bit better and more effective by making certain changes.  :)

David Weyland

David Weyland

Somebody already did try to merge the two into a fan edit called Alien:Paradise: https://www.google.ie/amp/www.syfy.com/syfywire/fan-splices-together-prometheus-and-alien-covenant-for-epic-sci-fi-odyssey%3famp
It's ok, not bad but sacrifices far too much to warrant serious approval as an alternative to the Theatre Cuts.
But in this case, Evanus did a great job, the best so far like Coalesced Chaos did for Prometheus Workprint by adding rather than taking away. I've listed my suggestions earlier in the thread to tweak this(Last Supper) but overall The Evanus Edit is Quality & a superb job on enhancing the film

MU-TH-UR 6000

I'd very much like a copy of the link as well! Thanks in advance!

pmaz11

I'd like to see a copy as well if I could receive a link? Thank you Evanus!

Daffyd54

I'd very much appreciate a link, I'm very curious to see the new version after reading all the comments here.
Thanks.

MU-TH-UR 6000

Very good cut of Covenant! I'd really like to see what you could do with scenes/shots that were extended for a little while longer to let the atmosphere really sink in a bit more, allowing the movie to breath as it should've.

As a sound designer and composer, one of the things that I really didn't appreciate in Covenant (and Prometheus) was the excessive use of music and musical cues in certain scenes and I think you fell onto that trap as well with some Prometheus' OST callbacks. Don't get me wrong, I would've probably try to squeeze some of those as well on certain scenes but the music in Covenant (albeit being very good) is used poorly throughout and the extra tracks from Prometheus you added contribute to this fatigue a little bit. Also some sound effects you added weren't very well mixed and needed some extra work for them to blend in better with the movie's sound mix.

Once again, excellent cut with superb quality given the file size. Wish the Workprint Edition for Prometheus looked this good. This just proves that it's possible to make a better movie if you actually care about the editing and not the runtime of a film.

Winter_Alekss

I´m excited to watch that cut, could you send me the link please?

TheBATMAN

I'd love a fresh link please. I appreciate you sent me the original one but I only ever had time to watch the first half hour and now it has expired.

Evanus

Quote from: MU-TH-UR 6000 on Feb 23, 2018, 11:53:06 AM
Very good cut of Covenant! I'd really like to see what you could do with scenes/shots that were extended for a little while longer to let the atmosphere really sink in a bit more, allowing the movie to breath as it should've.

As a sound designer and composer, one of the things that I really didn't appreciate in Covenant (and Prometheus) was the excessive use of music and musical cues in certain scenes and I think you fell onto that trap as well with some Prometheus' OST callbacks. Don't get me wrong, I would've probably try to squeeze some of those as well on certain scenes but the music in Covenant (albeit being very good) is used poorly throughout and the extra tracks from Prometheus you added contribute to this fatigue a little bit. Also some sound effects you added weren't very well mixed and needed some extra work for them to blend in better with the movie's sound mix.

Once again, excellent cut with superb quality given the file size. Wish the Workprint Edition for Prometheus looked this good. This just proves that it's possible to make a better movie if you actually care about the editing and not the runtime of a film.
I included some parts of the Prometheus OST to make it a bit more in line with Prometheus. I love Jed Kurzel's work personally, but I thought it sounded a bit too different from Prometheus. I tried not to hurt the original score, I mostly only added music to scenes that had no music in it before.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed