What are your favorite Aliens Comics?

Started by A-L-I-E-N, Sep 11, 2017, 09:26:48 PM

Author
What are your favorite Aliens Comics? (Read 3,313 times)

Ultramorph

I agree about Stronghold being underrated. I like how out there it was in terms of tone, and I loved the big robot and Jerry.

Alien Harvest has always been one of my favorites. The comic is good, and the novel was great.

As far as newer comics, I rather liked Aliens: Fire and Stone.

SM

SM

I liked how much Stronghold was abour the androids and their place.

Harvest had some good ideas - but some confused execution and some stuff that was monumentally dumb.

Russ840

I really love Doug Monech's ( think that is spelt wrong ) art for Stronghold. Loved Jerry in that.

Stairway to heaven was good for the little content it had. It had a great atmosphere.

426Buddy

Some of my favorites, in no particular order

Labyrinth
Nightmare asylum
Sacrifice
Stronghold
Salvation
Music of the spears
Berserker
Aliens special
More than human
Fire and Stone
Dead Orbit
Defiance

SM

SM

More Than Human is a bit under-rated too.

426Buddy

Yeah i enjoyed it quite a bit.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Sep 12, 2017, 11:34:26 AM
Both Salvation and Sacrifice are crackers.

I think Stronghold is one of the more under-rated series.
I'll second all of this. Stronghold is neat for focusing on the androids for a change. Sure the "second class citizen" thing is a little on the nose and a tad played out, but the art is cool, Jerry is cool, and when the androids finally get sick of their treatment and revolt, the payoff is pretty great.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 13, 2017, 04:59:01 AM
Quote from: SM on Sep 12, 2017, 11:34:26 AM
Both Salvation and Sacrifice are crackers.

I think Stronghold is one of the more under-rated series.
I'll second all of this. Stronghold is neat for focusing on the androids for a change. Sure the "second class citizen" thing is a little on the nose and a tad played out, but the art is cool, Jerry is cool, and when the androids finally get sick of their treatment and revolt, the payoff is pretty great.

I remember really liking the themes but then doesn't it end with the main characters pretty much shrugging off the fate of the remaining androids and essentially going "oh well, they're only robots"?

SM

SM

Not as such.

Spoiler
Joy is pretty upset at leaving them behind, particularly Jeri and Dr Payne, but Phil is more pragmatic.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Sep 13, 2017, 08:22:14 AM
Not as such.

Spoiler
Joy is pretty upset at leaving them behind, particularly Jeri and Dr Payne, but Phil is more pragmatic.
[close]

Thanks for that. Joy was the one more bothered by it throughout the story, wasn't she?

Quote from: SM on Sep 13, 2017, 12:35:31 AM
More Than Human is a bit under-rated too.

Yeah, I agree with that. That #1 ending was such a bombshell!

Huntsman

I think the Batman crossover was fun, especially the first story in the jungle.

A-L-I-E-N

Just picked up Dead Orbit - wow #2 may be the bloodiest Alien comic that comes to mind. I can't wait to see how it ends.

Russ840

Quote from: A-L-I-E-N on Sep 16, 2017, 11:13:25 PM
Just picked up Dead Orbit - wow #2 may be the bloodiest Alien comic that comes to mind. I can't wait to see how it ends.

Stokoe's work is amazing.  If you are a fan of comics in general, check some more of his work out.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Just re-read the first three issues of dead orbit, its a really great series, cant wait to see how it ends.

Been thinking a lil more about series i liked. I actually quite like Aliens Alchemy, the alien is so deadly in that one.

Not one of my favorites but Survival is a neat story, horrendous art though.

Came across a top 15 that reminded me of the thread
www.cbr.com/aliens-the-15-best-xenomorph-comics
I found it funny that the list contains some of the best and worst of the comics, for me anyway.

Xenomrph

The fact that they included Female War anywhere near that list makes it pretty much worthless. I mean, yikes.

And "Fire and Stone" is their #1 pick? Really?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed