Aliens/Predator Digital Comics on ioffer.com

Started by alienfan95610, Jul 20, 2009, 06:07:23 AM

Author
Aliens/Predator Digital Comics on ioffer.com (Read 2,297 times)

alienfan95610

Hey gang.....

I just stumbled upon a goldmine, or at least I think so. I was surfing around ioffer.com ( a site just like ebay) and discovered a gentleman from England who is offering digital scans of comics on dvd.

He doesn't list the comics he has available but instead asks you to email him for a list. I did so. WOW is all I can say....the list contains well over 58,000 comic books. Everything from great Golden Age runs to Silver Age runs to the Modern Age stuff.

Here's the important part for my fellow Aliens/Predator buffs....he currently offers about 95% of all Aliens/Predator/AVP comics as digital scans. The best part is......you can get them all on one disc for....get this....$10.00...and, that's not all....the $10.00 includes shipping. A truly AWESOME deal. And, yes....I did order a disc (actually I ordered 4...lol) and I have already recieved them. I must say...it's very sweet to reread Aliens Volume 1 on my computer as a digital scan.

To find him..log into ioffer.com.....put comic books into the search engine...and look for this...."Comic Book DVD's..pick your own custom issues"..and away you go........

This is a great way to get a "reading" collection of the books or a great way to collect the books period.

And..yes...he can get ALL the Aliens/Predator/AVP books on one disc..did I mention it's only $10.00? And that price includes shipping?

Happy hunting friends!

Vulhala

Don't wanna sound like an idiot, but is that even legal?  :-\

alienfan95610

Quote from: Vulhala on Jul 20, 2009, 06:41:30 AM
Don't wanna sound like an idiot, but is that even legal?  :-\

Well.....ioffer.com allows him to sell them and there are actually lots of other people selling digital scans of comics on ioffer as well. I would think if there were any legality issues about this ioffer.com would not allow these people to sell digital comics on their site.

Mr. Domino

Just because a site 'allows' someone to do something doesn't make it legal. Sites today all hide behind the 'we take no responsibility for the actions of our users' clause that's in all their FAQs and disclaimers.

So no. Its not really legal. The legal way to get reading copies is to buy the downloads from Dark Horse, or to get the omnibus editions, which are all readily available.

alienfan95610

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Jul 21, 2009, 03:28:45 PM
Just because a site 'allows' someone to do something doesn't make it legal. Sites today all hide behind the 'we take no responsibility for the actions of our users' clause that's in all their FAQs and disclaimers.

So no. Its not really legal. The legal way to get reading copies is to buy the downloads from Dark Horse, or to get the omnibus editions, which are all readily available.

Whatever. I was just trying to help other Aliens/Predator fans out.....

alienfan95610

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Jul 21, 2009, 03:28:45 PM

Ok...I just got off the phone with my local comic shop owner. He's been in the business for over 20 years. After explaining the situation to him it's his belief that it is legal. His opinion is that the selling of digital scans is no different than the selling of back issue comics in comic shops. Companies and creators have never recieved any royalty monies from the sale of back issue comics. Every penny of that sale goes to the comic shop owner. He also says that it's the comic shop owners right to sell a back issue any way he sees fit. He says that if the guy on ioffer is offering over 58,000 scans then he most likely has paid for the scans from an outside source, just like how he would if a person had brought 58,000 back issues into his shop to sell. My shop owner does not sell digital scans, although he did confirm that the option is becoming quickly the most popular way to cheaply build a large collection of reading comics.

So..since I'm not a lawyer I'm not going to defend the sale of digital comics past this post. I thought it would be a great way for other fans to get the books at a cheaper cost.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed