Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 317,669 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: SiL on Sep 09, 2021, 04:53:31 AM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Sep 09, 2021, 04:40:56 AM
Have always wanted a Predator movie in a mountainous forest.
You telling me you still haven't seen Predator? :laugh:

You know what I mean! ;) Alpine forest, as opposed to tropical which we've seen aplenty.

Master

Master

Quote from: RidgeTop on Sep 08, 2021, 10:42:12 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/CTk51xkgHda/?utm_medium=copy_link

Well, uh... looks like we may have our bear.

Courtesy of Mikey

Sasquatch would've been fresh and unexpected. Bear is... well disappointing 😞

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Big Foot would have been cooler. But bear is still cool imho. It's not like we've seen a Predator go up against another Earth-bound creature on the big screen yet and I welcome it!

Master

Master

You know, Sasquatch would've been a comeback to shere crazyness of 80'/90' where anything could happen on screen.  They were close to the narrative that gave us Predator on screen in first place. With Bear, you have  nod to Revenant but with Predator instead of DiCaprio. Don't  get me wrong, it can be cool and I hope it will be, but instead of something really hot, we've  got only lukewarm.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think that's unfair. It's a theatrical debut for the Predator to actually go up against a bear! And that's a fight against an expectation that we all concocted. If the choreography is great, I think it can just as good being against a creature grounded in reality. Don't get me wrong, I would have totally loved Big Foot, but it's unfair to call a bear a lukewarm alternative - especially when we haven't seen it.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I'm 100% rooting for a pred vs bear scene, but it's still possible the animal will be featured in a hunt/fight sequence with comanches only, in order to demonstrate how skilled and badass they are.

I do hope the bear will be shown first as attacking Kee and her brother, and then being killed by the predator, appearing for the first time to their eyes.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Thank f**k the Bigfoot thing's not gonna happen.

Sad fan

Sad fan

Original movies required elite soldiers/policeman to kill a Predator. Now Predators will be killed by teenagers. No doubt its gonna be a shitty movie.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I'm actually very, very surprised Dan Trachtenberg showed us this practical fx bear. It seems a very odd pre-release share, considering the movie isn't about a bear nor titled "The Bear". That kind of behind-the-scenes share is usually reserved for afterwards, once we know there is a bear featured in the film.

Maybe Dan is a regular reader of Alien vs. Predator Galaxy and believes the C̶a̶t̶ Bear is already out of the bag. I actually wouldn't be shocked by that.

Clubroot

Clubroot

Imagine the bear helping out Kee to defeat the pred, or maybe its the other way around  ;D

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Sad fan on Sep 09, 2021, 12:31:04 PM
Original movies required elite soldiers/policeman to kill a Predator. Now Predators will be killed by teenagers. No doubt its gonna be a shitty movie.

Register so I can ignore you.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Trash Queen on Sep 09, 2021, 01:09:25 PM

:laugh:

Sad fan is indeed quite pessimistic.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Trash Queen on Sep 09, 2021, 01:09:25 PM
Quote from: Sad fan on Sep 09, 2021, 12:31:04 PM

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 15, 2021, 08:43:12 PM
Quote from: Kane's other son on Aug 15, 2021, 08:33:13 PM
Time to take away posting privileges from guests

But it's so much fun watching people with names like "angrypredatorfan" or "disappointedfan" freak out over nothing.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Clubroot on Sep 09, 2021, 01:00:59 PM
Imagine the bear helping out Kee to defeat the pred, or maybe its the other way around  ;D
Like in AvP? So... AvB?

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Might be that in looking for Kee the Predator gets the bear instead leading to it getting mauled. It'd be amusing if we even get our own Roland Tembo scene out of it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed