Possibly the best analysis of the film I've read

Started by JaaayDee, Jun 09, 2012, 07:02:48 AM

Author
Possibly the best analysis of the film I've read (Read 42,731 times)

bk101

It's not just a movie with Christian or Sumerian tones.  As Ridley said "it's about everything im from the all about everything school"

marrerom

that was an amazing analysis. just...wow  :o

smileys

Quote from: Ninurta on Jun 09, 2012, 03:49:33 PM
Quote from: ScardyFox on Jun 09, 2012, 03:35:16 PM

Wow...

I don't even know where to begin. Did you just kinda make this up in your mind? Because even in the effed up school systems of today you will not find anywhere that say the Jews were persecuted for relegious (in Nazi Germany) reasons nor that is why the holocoaust happened in any way. Its funny because I was just talking about this a couple weeks ago. I was mentioning that its sickening that in the UK (and now some places in America) they will no longer teach about the Holocaust so as not to offend muslims (source because its so insane it seems like it MUST be a lie). I was worried because its only a matter of time before what and why is distorted. Seems it happens a lot sooner than I expected.

No, what happened to the jews has ZERO to do with religious reasons.

Hitler killed the Jewsish for more than one reason. The political reason given was that the Jews were aligned with the Bolshevik revolution in Russia therefore being communist. Communists were hated in Germany for not only their brutality but for what, they feared, was a totalitarian state in which there would be little freedom and the German culture and society would be radically changed, and everyone would suffer a lower standard of living.

The Jewish people also held a LOT of Germany's wealth through banks and other offical means that - in a free society - meant they held a HELL of a lot of power. this is why their freedoms were eroded fast and ability to own anything eroded almost over night. This is why in part Hitler believed admantly that the Jewish people were planing on taking over the world.

Nazi propagandists began to portray the Jew as the epitome of all evil and the reason for all the defeat and societal ills in Germany. He reasoned that their influence was degenerating Germany and its peoples`, and that they were why Germany lost WWI. Tainted the fine arts, bringing in disease through defiling bloodlines, introducing communism, etc etc.

Man I could go but I won't bother because this isn't the forums for that. Honestly, if you bother to argue with me you are only solidifying that you know nothing about history in that particular arena and area of time. Do yourself a favor and go read some books on it rather then blaming total untruths. What you're saying is slanderous on an unbelievable level and cast a deceitful shadow on something that should be remembered in absolute truth.

It was a total non factor.

Wow, that was quite informative.

I do recall something having to do with Muslim parents being upset with it.

Gotta love revisionist history!  ;D

Nobody every mentioned those to me in school.

In short we all got Nazis evil, said they were superior race, hated Jews, beause Jews killed Jesus, so Nazis went and killed 6 million jews.

Had no idea they were blamed for communism too. I though that was Marx?

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jun 09, 2012, 03:44:03 PM
That was a great read!

I too need an explanation of how events on Earth in 4BC could affect the black solution on LV-223, though.

Well, even if it was not a Jew killed Jesus thing that really got the Nazis going, the Jockies and their final solution to humans still gives me a Nazi vibe, even if its a vibe based on movie version of the Nazis.

Wow... it would appear that Godwin's Law is in full effect.  ;D

Tribal

Tribal

Quote from: VickersAsh on Jun 09, 2012, 01:17:17 PM
great analysis. but i can't help but laugh at Space Jesus theory

Well, you can laugh, but it's not a theory. It's what Ridley said int his interview right here:

And you can say, "Lets' send down one more of our emissaries to see if he can stop it. Guess what? They crucified him.

http://www.prometheusforum.net/discussion/1575

Thank you Cavalorn for this. I already loved the movie, now i love it even MORE! \o/

To me, it's like "the best Lovecraft movie ever made"  8)

Ninurta

Quote from: smileys on Jun 10, 2012, 05:56:37 AM

Godwin does have a great point, but in this case we don't have the best test subject.

The movie is clearly dealing with a very white type of technologically advanced human villains who see themselves as a Superior race and are planning mass Genocide.

The movie might not have came right out and called them space nazi's, but you don't need Godwin to tell you that the theme seems very symbolic of Nazis.

HenryEllis

HenryEllis

I knew it.  the movie is so subliminaly racist.  glad I'm not alone.

JaaayDee

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: B1-66ER on Jun 10, 2012, 09:46:27 PM

Subliminally?

The Engineers are literally white. The Aliens are literally black.

It's H.P. Lovecraft all over again. His own fears of being culturally swallowed up by who he perceived as the inferior unwashed masses; made flesh. His writings where more subtle than Scotts film representations, but those were subtler times I suppose.

HenryEllis

HenryEllis

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jun 10, 2012, 10:01:11 PM

Subliminally?

It's H.P. Lovecraft all over again. His own fears of being culturally swallowed up by who he perceived as the inferior unwashed masses; made flesh. His writings where more subtle than Scotts film representations, but those were subtler times I suppose.

Ok sorry, I didn't realize it was that out in the open.  It is so obviously racist.   ;D

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: B1-66ER on Jun 10, 2012, 10:03:08 PM
Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jun 10, 2012, 10:01:11 PM

Subliminally?

Ok sorry, I didn't realize it was that out in the open.  It is so obviously racist.   ;D

The entire film isn't racist propaganda or anything. It's just an element of the possible relationship between the xenomorphs and the engineers. And is straight up Lovecraft "At the Mountains of Madness."

There are plenty of other juicy social anxieties on display in the films for flag waving, agenda touting extremists to get excited about.

HenryEllis

HenryEllis

QuoteNo, what happened to the jews has ZERO to do with religious reasons.

Everything that happens to the Jews has to do with religious reasons, don't kid yourself.  The "Third Reich" was supposedly the third successor to the Holy Roman Empire of the Middle Ages.

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Ninurta on Jun 10, 2012, 09:40:08 PM

Godwin does have a great point, but in this case we don't have the best test subject.

The movie is clearly dealing with a very white type of technologically advanced human villains who see themselves as a Superior race and are planning mass Genocide.

The movie might not have came right out and called them space nazi's, but you don't need Godwin to tell you that the theme seems very symbolic of Nazis.

How do you know the Jocks see themselves as superior?
How do you know the Jocks are planning genocide?

Ninurta

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jun 10, 2012, 10:13:55 PM

What OTHER reason would they have for bringing that stuff to earth? To give us a long lasting clean source of fuel? Maybe just for a vacation or a hunting trip?

It seemed rather clear, and explicit in the movie they had decided to wipe us out.

When you decide you have the authority to commit Genocide, that would likely mean you see yourself in the position of Authority/Superiority no?

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Ninurta on Jun 10, 2012, 10:20:01 PM
Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jun 10, 2012, 10:13:55 PM

What OTHER reason would they have for bringing that stuff to earth? To give us a long lasting clean source of fuel? Maybe just for a vacation or a hunting trip?

It seemed rather clear, and explicit in the movie they had decided to wipe us out.

When you decide you have the authority to commit Genocide, that would likely mean you see yourself in the position of Authority/Superiority no?

They have been visiting humans for some time, as shown by all that space graffiti, why would this time be any different?
There is nothing clear about this time being different. The robot vaguely says something that one character takes a certain way but there is no solid information at all about the plans for this last visit.
Given that they seem to be keeping an eye on us there is more proof that they were just going for their regular visit than anything else.

Ninurta

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jun 10, 2012, 10:26:18 PM

They have been visiting humans for some time, as shown by all that space graffiti, why would this time be any different?
There is nothing clear about this time being different. The robot vaguely says something that one character takes a certain way but there is no solid information at all about the plans for this last visit.
Given that they seem to be keeping an eye on us there is more proof that they were just going for their regular visit than anything else.

Sooo, you're saying the Engineer was just coming to pay human kind a visit, say "hi" kind of thing?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed