Dark Horse Comics Announces Alien vs. Predator: Thicker Than Blood!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 18, 2019, 08:28:03 PM

Author
Dark Horse Comics Announces Alien vs. Predator: Thicker Than Blood! (Read 113,415 times)

Xiggz456

Great news! I was hoping for an official announcement ever since Randy Stradley teased it a few months back on Twitter.

Still Collating...

Great news. A simple, good premise, I hope this plays out well. And I'm thrilled about the artist! This might be the first good-looking AVP comic in a while.

SpaceKase

Quote from: Wysps on Sep 19, 2019, 01:53:39 AM
The idea sounds interesting. Party boat with wild and footloose Predators chasing folks. It's AvP, it will inevitably end up on my book shelf regardless, can't be helped  ;D

Yeah-yeah. Like a Dothraki bachelor party.

EJA

It is not canon, and never will be.

Samhain13

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Sep 18, 2019, 09:44:19 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 18, 2019, 08:28:03 PM
Alien vs. Predator: Thicker Than Blood kicks off when Predators board a luxury charter spaceship, unleashing a path of terror and bloodshed.

This makes it sound like Predators on vacation going crazy after one too many margaritas. :laugh:

I thought the Predators could be hijacking the ship to use the humans as hosts for aliens. That would be their idea of a fun vacantion.

EJA

Haha, ol' Ridley will hate this.

HuDaFuK

"Predators board a luxury charter spaceship."

Sequel to Deadliest of the Species confirmed.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: EJA on Sep 19, 2019, 03:50:02 PM
Haha, ol' Ridley will hate this.

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
\

To clarify: Engineer - Ridley, David - concept of AVP
[close]

Kailem

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 19, 2019, 08:34:54 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 18, 2019, 09:17:40 PM
Am I right in saying this will be the first stand-alone, non-crossover-event AVP comic since Three World War?

In fact, thinking about it, it's arguably the first since Civilized Beasts, as 3WW was a sequel to More Than Human and Prey to the Heavens.

Discounting Civilized Beasts since it's a little digest thing and not a series, I think it's actually the first stand-alone series since Eternal in 98.

There was also Sand Trap in 2007, but yeah, likewise that was a DVD-exclusive one-shot and not a series.

Excited about this for sure, not just because "yay, more AVP!", but also because it's coming not long after it sounded like Disney had possibly taken the AVP licence out behind the chemical sheds to be shot! So glad to see it's apparently managed to kick its guards in the shins and do a runner to a brand new stand-alone series! ;D

happypred

The use of a logo and substantive canonicity are two separate things, yes?

The Old One

The Old One

Here's hoping no connection to the atrocious "reboot" of AVP.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: happypred on Sep 20, 2019, 02:42:12 AM

Yes the logo is in relation to just a license. Man of Steel, Wonder Woman, Batman V Superman all have different logos and licensing for example, but it doesn't mean they're all in separate canon singularity.

SM

Quote from: happypred on Sep 20, 2019, 02:42:12 AM

"substantive canonicity" to what?

They've used the film AvP logo for comics since the film came out.

happypred

If the interior art is by the guy who did d
Destroying Angels, this should be good visually

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: happypred on Sep 20, 2019, 03:55:06 PM
If the interior art is by the guy who did d
Destroying Angels, this should be good visually

Definitely!  Doug Wheatley has done some great Star Wars stuff too!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed