Creating the cast of Alien: Isolation Trailer Released

Started by ikarop, May 02, 2014, 06:02:15 PM

Author
Creating the cast of Alien: Isolation Trailer Released (Read 22,572 times)

Wey-Yu Xeno

I'm becoming scared about how this will look on the X360....  :-[

szkoki

yupp...boner confirmed

Nightlord

Nice enough trailer, seems to confirm we're getting cinematic cutscenes too.

Wonder what's up with Amanda getting her head shaved though, can't imagine there's any lice on the Sevastopol.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Nightlord on May 08, 2014, 11:04:51 PM
Wonder what's up with Amanda getting her head shaved though, can't imagine there's any lice on the Sevastopol.

I wondered about that, too.

Loved the video, though.

Also, it sure looks like the Sevastopol is orbiting a certain familiar planetoid...

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on May 08, 2014, 11:17:36 PM
Quote from: Nightlord on May 08, 2014, 11:04:51 PM

I wondered about that, too.

That wasn't just a test of the model before adding the hair on? I like how Amanda had blood dripping from the nose, just like Ripley during Ash's attack in ALIEN, or the funeral in ALIEN 3.

PsyKore

I'm just happy they're going for realism and providing a serious take on the universe. Something like this probably should have been a new movie in the series. It looks to be way more appealing than anything that's come out in this franchise for a long time.

Ultramorph

Also worth noting that the game's writer, Dan Abnett, has done a good amount of work, including some original stuff and work for Marvel.
This gives me hopes that we will get a good story.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Abnett

SM

QuoteAlso, it sure looks like the Sevastopol is orbiting a certain familiar planetoid...

Looks like a gas giant.

Quote from: PsyKore on May 09, 2014, 02:35:22 AM
I'm just happy they're going for realism and providing a serious take on the universe. Something like this probably should have been a new movie in the series. It looks to be way more appealing than anything that's come out in this franchise for a long time.

How often to licensees go for something other than "realism" and a "serious take"?

PsyKore

Quote from: SM on May 09, 2014, 03:02:07 AMHow often to licensees go for something other than "realism" and a "serious take"?

Prometheus. :P But mostly the AvP films and A:R though. Who knows if they were pitched as serious films but they sure didn't turn out that way. It's nice to have something more in line with the original film is all I'm saying.

souNdwAve89

It's called Creating the Cast for a reason... As we see in the video, it shows the developers designing and bringing the actor's likeness into the game. There is still time until the game comes out, and especially with E3 next month. There is still more information we will receive. I rather have these videos be short and released over periods of time until the release. And yes, she is bald because they're showing off the polygons and what not since the game is on the newer PS4 and Xbox One...

Crazy Rich

Good stuff, I at least know that Amanda isn't the only human character at the station (besides the voice in the headset).

RagingDragon

Nice videos and it looks promising. I guess I can buy that the Nostromo might have ejected a flight recorder pre-detonation, as standard protocol or something. This game better explain why the company didn't go back to LV-426 after they found it, though.

I'm honestly expecting a level of linearity similar to the Bioshock series, which had a decent amount of free-roaming and backtracking, but when it came to characters was mostly instance and room-based, scripted stuff.

That will be fine so long as the Alien has a degree of randomness to its' behavior, and the writing is solid.

It's like a big secret that if they put some effort into developing real characters with decent writing, their demise adds to the horror immensely.

gabgrave

I think the game will cover why the Company didn't know about the location, despite the blackbox.

RagingDragon

Quote from: gabgrave on May 09, 2014, 06:42:48 AM
I think the game will cover why the Company didn't know about the location, despite the blackbox.

That could be 2 birds 1 stone, explaining the game itself and that glaring, strange flaw in Aliens as to why the company never sent another ship if they knew there was an organism.

SM

It's not glaring.

It just says there was one or a small group of individulas responsible for SO 937 and they didn't want to get found out when it resulted in the loss of a ship.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed