10 (5.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
7 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 195

Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 134,420 times)

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: SyntaX on Jul 22, 2022, 08:35:22 AMWhile I can't confirm what happened because I haven't seen Prey yet; during storyboarding they actually had a pretty neat idea.

Spoiler
Flintlock Pistol gets dropped, clear homage to P2. During the fight with the Feral Predator, the pistol is lost and "picked up" by an invisible entity. At this point, the audience assumes it's Feral coming back from the pistol. Near the end of the movie, when Feral has made some unworthy kills, he nearly finishes of the main lead. Before he does so; he gets shot in the back of the head. Enter Elder Predator, well... "Elder" ... eh, "Younger?" ... 
[close]
Well...I could accept this approach if it made it to the final film version.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SyntaX on Jul 22, 2022, 08:35:22 AM
Quote from: SiL on Jul 22, 2022, 08:14:29 AM
Quote from: Xerxész on Jul 22, 2022, 08:07:45 AM
Quote from: SiL on Jul 22, 2022, 06:08:20 AMAnyone got any tea to spill about the flintlock? In spoilers, obviously.
...or without spoilers, whether we can expect something about it? ;)
I think anything beyond "it's  there", which the trailers show, will be a spoiler :P

While I can't confirm what happened because I haven't seen Prey yet; during storyboarding they actually had a pretty neat idea.

Spoiler
Flintlock Pistol gets dropped, clear homage to P2. During the fight with the Feral Predator, the pistol is lost and "picked up" by an invisible entity. At this point, the audience assumes it's Feral coming back from the pistol. Near the end of the movie, when Feral has made some unworthy kills, he nearly finishes of the main lead. Before he does so; he gets shot in the back of the head. Enter Elder Predator, well... "Elder" ... eh, "Younger?" ... 
[close]

I'm hoping the above is still in it somewhat, but I wouldn't be suprised if this was changed due to it being a bit too much on the nose. Would love to hear about it though!
Oh please yes.

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: SiL on Jul 22, 2022, 08:48:57 AM
Quote from: SyntaX on Jul 22, 2022, 08:35:22 AM
Quote from: SiL on Jul 22, 2022, 08:14:29 AM
Quote from: Xerxész on Jul 22, 2022, 08:07:45 AM
Quote from: SiL on Jul 22, 2022, 06:08:20 AMAnyone got any tea to spill about the flintlock? In spoilers, obviously.
...or without spoilers, whether we can expect something about it? ;)
I think anything beyond "it's  there", which the trailers show, will be a spoiler :P

While I can't confirm what happened because I haven't seen Prey yet; during storyboarding they actually had a pretty neat idea.

Spoiler
[close]

I'm hoping the above is still in it somewhat, but I wouldn't be suprised if this was changed due to it being a bit too much on the nose. Would love to hear about it though!
Oh please yes.

Could still be in the movie to some extent... they are still toying around with the "different Predator/different rules" set. Will see for myself next week.

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: SyntaX on Jul 22, 2022, 08:57:06 AMCould still be in the movie to some extent... they are still toying around with the "different Predator/different rules" set. Will see for myself next week.
Maybe someone (who has already seen the test screening) will confirm this with a - you know, a kinda spoiler-free - wink. ;) :D

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Chuck on Jul 22, 2022, 06:35:26 AMwithout spoilers, was the final fight awesome?

The final fight was f**king awesome.

Also very tired after the days adventures with Ridgetop too, and will go into more details soon. Definitely going to sleep with a big smile on my face.

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jul 22, 2022, 09:27:28 AM
Quote from: Chuck on Jul 22, 2022, 06:35:26 AMwithout spoilers, was the final fight awesome?

The final fight was f**king awesome.

Also very tired after the days adventures with Ridgetop too, and will go into more details soon. Definitely going to sleep with a big smile on my face.

Oi! Care to send me a PM?
I've been receiving alot of stuff (storyboard impressions + shot scenes) and am compiling stuff that didn't make the final cut.

Let me know!

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

What about the gore ? Hard rated R ?

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 22, 2022, 10:23:57 AMWhat about the gore ? Hard rated R ?
There's one of the tweets in the news story that says

QuoteVIOLENT AF. SO MUCH GORE

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Oh my god. I'm gonna die. August 5th, please come sooner you f**k.

I have sooo many questions :

- Do Feral body language/movements look good ? More heavy style or smooth ? A blend of both ?
- Do we have new weapons unseen in trailers and photos ? Without telling what it is please.
- Do Taabe and other tribe members have prominent scenes ?
- Is the face of Feral full CGI ? Does it solve mouth problems ?
- Is the blood (both red and green) CGI ?
- Does french trappers get f**ked up ? Nah just joking I know they will hahaha

Feral_PRED

Feral_PRED

I'm so incredibly happy for the movie/cast and crew. I can't believe they did it!

I'm one of those who really enjoyed Predators (2010) plus it was my first in theaters and the less said about The Predator (2018) the better  ;)

I'm really excited to watch Prey but I still wish I could see this one on the big screen.

Edit: I've got one question for Ridge and Mickey, how's Sarah Schachner score compared to the other films? Are there any cues or themes from the Silvestri scores?

PredatorvsAliens

PredatorvsAliens

Let's not be to hasty mr h review also said *the predator* was great in the first review/reaction
he did.
it's looking good but im not convinced yet.

RoguePred1987

RoguePred1987

well put, caution is always a good idea in any circumstance.

Doomofman

Doomofman

I'd put the opinions of the folks on here who saw it way above the general 'reaction' tweets in the news post

NightstormScarab

NightstormScarab

I'd really like to know do we get any new Predator lore? Anything that relates to the series beyond the scope of just this movie.

Also if Feral dies is it done well? Does he go out like a bad ass Jungle Hunter style or with a whimper like Fugitive.

I'm not sure I'll get an answer to either but those would be my questions.

LSL

LSL

The truth is that even for the bad predator of 2018 there were many positive reactions after the exhibition. I'd rather wait, but I was happy and hopeful now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed