Prey Predator 2 flintlock pistol was made by a fan in the movie

Started by frasermaxx, Aug 15, 2022, 11:24:57 AM

Author
Prey Predator 2 flintlock pistol was made by a fan in the movie (Read 7,217 times)

frasermaxx

City Hunter Yautja

I watched Predator 2 right after Prey. Boy that was jarring. Prey is so realistic, like Nolan films, while Pred 2 is very Early 90's and has too much silliness. I liked the Feral Pred not copying/mimicking people, that worled in the first films, but it now seems silly.   

SiL

Copying people can be incredibly creepy if used properly. It was just played for laughs in the sequel but that hardly means the concept is silly.

"Over here" isn't chilling because it's novel, it's chilling because you don't know if it's the Predator or Mac saying it.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SiL on Aug 16, 2022, 05:02:06 AMCopying people can be incredibly creepy if used properly.

Like this?!  :-X

Still kinda funny  ;D

Was that ever used in Live Action? I guess it was the 'Want some candy?'scene in Pred 2🤔

frasermaxx

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Aug 15, 2022, 10:23:23 PMI watched Predator 2 right after Prey. Boy that was jarring. Prey is so realistic, like Nolan films, while Pred 2 is very Early 90's and has too much silliness. I liked the Feral Pred not copying/mimicking people, that worled in the first films, but it now seems silly. 
Predator 2 like I said before on another topic was a roller coaster ride, fun, camp etc. A total 90's action film. We have to give props to Predator 2 as it expanded the predator lore in a cool way.

Prey was brilliant for its realism and in line how modern cinema is made. The idea of a hunter mimicking to trick its prey is actually quite clever and chilling, like mimicking wild ducks while hunting or legendary hunter Jim Corbett mimicked Tiger calls to bring out a man eating tiger in India. If done right I don't think its silly.

SiL

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 16, 2022, 05:23:31 AMWas that ever used in Live Action? I guess it was the 'Want some candy?'scene in Pred 2🤔
Did you not watch the first movie?

I thought Annihilation's use was funnier than anything, but it depends on the usage. You could create ambiguity over whether a character has died and bam, it's actually the Predator.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: frasermaxx on Aug 16, 2022, 05:46:27 AM
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Aug 15, 2022, 10:23:23 PMI watched Predator 2 right after Prey. Boy that was jarring. Prey is so realistic, like Nolan films, while Pred 2 is very Early 90's and has too much silliness. I liked the Feral Pred not copying/mimicking people, that worled in the first films, but it now seems silly. 
Predator 2 like I said before on another topic was a roller coaster ride, fun, camp etc. A total 90's action film. We have to give props to Predator 2 as it expanded the predator lore in a cool way.

Prey was brilliant for its realism and in line how modern cinema is made. The idea of a hunter mimicking to trick its prey is actually quite clever and chilling, like mimicking wild ducks while hunting or legendary hunter Jim Corbett mimicked Tiger calls to bring out a man eating tiger in India. If done right I don't think its silly.

I agree, Predator 2 added ao much to the lore and I adore City Hunter, hence my username. But if you watch Prey and Pred 2 back to back its really jarring in the differences in tone, style, and presentation. As you said.

frasermaxx

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Aug 16, 2022, 06:03:04 AM
Quote from: frasermaxx on Aug 16, 2022, 05:46:27 AM

I agree, Predator 2 added ao much to the lore and I adore City Hunter, hence my username. But if you watch Prey and Pred 2 back to back its really jarring in the differences in tone, style, and presentation. As you said.
That was how films were made back then. Even director Stephen Hopkins said in the DVD commentary for Predator 2 he'd do things different now.

Master

Quote from: SiL on Aug 16, 2022, 05:02:06 AMCopying people can be incredibly creepy if used properly. It was just played for laughs in the sequel but that hardly means the concept is silly.

"Over here" isn't chilling because it's novel, it's chilling because you don't know if it's the Predator or Mac saying it.

Idk. 'Danny boy' was creepy as f**k.

SiL

I forgot about that one.

Danny Boy was good, Want some candy? was a joke.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Master on Aug 16, 2022, 07:00:22 AM
Quote from: SiL on Aug 16, 2022, 05:02:06 AMCopying people can be incredibly creepy if used properly. It was just played for laughs in the sequel but that hardly means the concept is silly.

The scene that really scares me is when City Hunter is killing the armed drug men at the beginning and then they discover the skinned man hanging upside down.

What took away from Pred being scarier, is his "Shit Happens," and "Motherf*cker!" Lines. They feel cheesy, oppose to Jungle Hunter's "What the Hell Are You?"

frasermaxx

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Aug 16, 2022, 07:47:55 AM

The scene that really scares me is when City Hunter is killing the armed drug men at the beginning and then they discover the skinned man hanging upside down.

What took away from Pred being scarier, is his "Shit Happens," and "Motherf*cker!" Lines. They feel cheesy, oppose to Jungle Hunter's "What the Hell Are You?"

I totally agree. Only the 'Danny Boy' mimic was creepy AF. They should have left it at that without other mimics.

T Dog

So you don't want some candy?

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: frasermaxx on Aug 16, 2022, 08:02:45 AM
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Aug 16, 2022, 07:47:55 AM

I totally agree. Only the 'Danny Boy' mimic was creepy AF. They should have left it at that without other mimics.

Absolutely! "Danny Boy" is creepy and relevant.

BigDaddyJohn

"Motherf**ker" is hilarious.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed