Question: Would Hicks have really wasted Burke?

Started by Prez, Nov 18, 2019, 12:40:08 PM

Author
Question: Would Hicks have really wasted Burke? (Read 7,770 times)

Huggs

It would certainly complicate what was already bound to be one hell of a debriefing.

SM

Obviosuly, they're not going to do it in front of the kid.

Despite that fact she's probably seen much worse.

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Nov 19, 2019, 08:32:56 PM

Give her the gun and say she did it.

Kradan

It seems to me that if lights hadn't go off Burke would have met the fate of getting bullet in the head.

Elmazalman

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 19, 2019, 08:40:55 PM
Quote from: SM on Nov 19, 2019, 08:32:56 PM

Give her the gun and say she did it.
:laugh: Burke was responsible for the death of her family and friends.

Prez

I get it now. We've got it all wrong this time.

The Aliens cut the power so as to stop Hicks doing something he would regret later on.
Add consideration and empathy to the Perfect Organism's traits.

Huggs

Quote from: Prez on Nov 19, 2019, 10:57:42 PM

The Aliens cut the power so as to stop Hicks doing something he would regret later on.

In memory of "Bob" the stupid Alien, who was tricked into getting himself electrocuted so the power could be cut.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 19, 2019, 11:01:28 PM

In memory of "Bob" the stupid Alien, who was tricked into getting himself electrocuted so the power could be cut.

Bob was a special case.

Huggs

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Nov 19, 2019, 11:10:35 PM

Bob was a special case.

Ba-Dum-Tsh

Prez

Vale Bob. Alas he was barely out of his hosts chest before he left us... foolishly.

Kradan

Why Bob ?

EJA

It's been a while since I read the novelisation, but there, isn't it Hudson who says "Okay, we waste him. No offense"? Correct me if I'm misremembering.

JokersWarPig

In the movie Hicks has that line

SM

Quote from: EJA on Nov 20, 2019, 05:23:04 PM
It's been a while since I read the novelisation, but there, isn't it Hudson who says "Okay, we waste him. No offense"? Correct me if I'm misremembering.

Nah, Hicks says it in the book too, but after Ripley says to just lock him up till it's time to leave so he can be exposed when they get back.  Then the power goes out.  And somewhere in there Hicks uses the word "bullcrap".

Local Trouble

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed