New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 154,315 times)

426Buddy

426Buddy

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

once bitten, twice shy. ;D

Nightmare Asylum

Well, there are a great many things that could go wrong, and a ton of things that are already rubbing me the wrong way about the game conceptually.

But the one thing I won't say is that it was "Rushed." We've known about it for, what, almost three years now? And still don't even have a name? :D

windebieste

As you say, anything could happen and while 'ALIENS - Colonial Marines' was in development for six years, it was still "rushed".

-Windebieste.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: windebieste on Aug 11, 2020, 11:05:28 PM
As you say, anything could happen and while 'ALIENS - Colonial Marines' was in development for six years, it was still "rushed".

-Windebieste.
Funnily enough that's also not the only Gearbox game to have a longass development cycle and still end up rushed and bad

GreybackElder

I'm just excited there is an Alien game on the horizon. Alien isolation did an incredible job capturing the essence of Alien. I hope this Alien shooter will capture the action and intensity of Aliens. I hope this Alien game captures of desperation felt in Aliens as well. I want to be outnumbered by hoards of Aliens, low on ammo in a cramped air duct like Vasquez and Gorman. Think there will be a queen?

Nightmare Asylum

Xhan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 11, 2020, 06:46:10 PM
Putting the awful enemy AI aside, even just in terms of design and story I thought Colonial Marines pushed things way too far there.

I'd be more interested in visiting a lab that was experimenting on Aliens and yielding all kinds of weird mutations a la the Newborn or the Neomorphs or the various Prometheus creatures than I would be in seeing dozens of Aliens that just have these radically different builds and "attack modes" solely for the sake of gameplay. But then, the random Aliens in Colonial Marines are just one symptom of a much larger problem that all trickled down from someone deciding that it would be a good idea for Hadley's Hope to still be standing.

Utilizing the pathogen from the prequels in the game would be a good way to get some weird genetic offshoots in there and up the enemy variety, I think.

We already knew this was going to be a thing two years ago and there's not going to be much of a game without variation repetition.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Xhan on Aug 12, 2020, 12:47:31 AM
Putting the awful enemy AI aside, even just in terms of design and story I thought Colonial Marines pushed things way too far there.

I'd be more interested in visiting a lab that was experimenting on Aliens and yielding all kinds of weird mutations a la the Newborn or the Neomorphs or the various Prometheus creatures than I would be in seeing dozens of Aliens that just have these radically different builds and "attack modes" solely for the sake of gameplay. But then, the random Aliens in Colonial Marines are just one symptom of a much larger problem that all trickled down from someone deciding that it would be a good idea for Hadley's Hope to still be standing.

Utilizing the pathogen from the prequels in the game would be a good way to get some weird genetic offshoots in there and up the enemy variety, I think.

We already knew this was going to be a thing two years ago and there's not going to be much of a game without variation repetition.

Which is why I feel like this particular style of game isn't the right fit for this universe. I don't have anything at all against games like this. I adore Destiny 2. But that is such a far cry from the sort of experience that I want out of a game with "Alien(s)" in the title.

Any experience that I've ever had in an Alien(s) game that's ever really felt true to the series for me has played up the horror angle and has forced me into tight, enclosed spaces rather than an expansive, open world.

I would love to be wrong and would be so happy if this works, because I do enjoy games like this and I obviously love Alien. I'm just keeping myself reserved for now.

Bug hunt wilson

I wonder if we will  get a teaser trailer at the end of the year

Corporal Hicks

I imagine that's what we'll be seeing in this one. Seems like the best option to give them some more variety and also remain constant to the lore. Unless they do just go full Kenner.

Quote from: windebieste on Aug 11, 2020, 11:05:28 PM

Well, I guess technically that game was only really in development for like a year of those 6 years.  :laugh:

Quote from: Bug hunt wilson on Aug 12, 2020, 02:27:07 AM
I wonder if we will  get a teaser trailer at the end of the year

That's my hope. But I'm trying not to expect anything.

Drukathi

I hope there won't be an **Store exclusive here.

Bug hunt wilson

Didn't they announce the game in 2018 and shortly started development

LightBringer

That's great news . The possibilities are endless with a conceptual design like Destiny .

If the game is made right then it could make other games redundant .

Considering how many hours I spent with Destiny , then this would be a dream come true .

This is a second chance . I hope the don't screw this up

acrediblesource

I like that they are going this kenner route,with wild life and that its going to be like a shooter BOrderlands style or even Destiny so you got realism elements along side a great number of UI effects..Maybe it will be like ACM but 2.0?

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: acrediblesource on Aug 12, 2020, 10:28:23 AM
Maybe it will be like ACM but 2.0?

Hell no! Need to stand as far away from ACM as possible! Btw multiplayer in ACM was also poor. I also don't like the comparison with Destiny or BL - they are a looter-shooters for no-life people. It will be better if game will be more like Left 4 Dead or Killing Floor or Rainbow Six: Siege/Payday 2, but with aliens.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed