Carlos Huante Talks Early Prometheus & Alien: Covenant Scripts

Started by Whos_Nick, Feb 26, 2019, 12:41:54 AM

Author
Carlos Huante Talks Early Prometheus & Alien: Covenant Scripts (Read 28,107 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Noomi Rapace the punk, punked.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 27, 2019, 04:45:40 PM
Noomi Rapace got punked with abysmal writing long before her character died.

Hey, even with its faults, I like Prometheus so..

;D

The Old One

The Old One

God, Noomi Rapace's so hot.

The film's authors failed Prometheus' narrative and Noomi Rapace's stardom though. :(

A great concept and cast wasted.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 27, 2019, 04:58:52 PM
God, Noomi Rapace's so hot.

The film's authors failed Prometheus' narrative and Noomi Rapace's stardom though. :(

A great concept and cast wasted.

You really think Prometheus failed Noomi's stardom? It's not like it was critically panned, and it faired better with audiences and critics than Alien Covenant. Plus it was financially successful.

I guess what I'm saying here is it's no Mortal Engines. 

0321recon

0321recon

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 27, 2019, 04:42:24 PM
What a shame. Ten minutes of Noomi Rapace has more onscreen gravitas than 2 hours of Katherine Waterston in my opinion. I thought Shaw was terrific in Prometheus, could have been the next Ripley, and I'm still bummed she didn't continue on.

Instead Shaw got punked like Hicks and Newt.

I agree. I think she would had become the Prequels version of Ripley if its true that at the end she helps the crew get out of Paradise. I could well imagine Noomi being the one battling the Xeno on the lander in Paradise, and it would had been great to see.

Did you watch What Happened to Monday? That was tour de force performance with her.

I suspect after they got rid of Noomi, the writers never recovered on how to properly patch her absence, and hiring Waterson was the wrong choice for lead. Its noticeable on screen since she's bland as f#$%, and in the end, didn't feel the danger she was in when David reveal himself to her. Though, if it was Noomi instead in that cryopod, she would had acted the hell out of that scene, and us as audience members would had felt the horror of the hell she is about to go through. Well Fox screwed the pooch. I hope at least that script is released, and we have some closure. 

Evanus

I thought Shaw died not long after the Covenant crew found her, in those original scripts? I can't remember very well though.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: 0321recon on Feb 27, 2019, 05:47:39 PM
Well Fox screwed the pooch. I hope at least that script is released, and we have some closure.

I sense a pattern.  :-\

0321recon

Quote from: Evanus on Feb 27, 2019, 07:43:27 PM
I thought Shaw died not long after the Covenant crew found her, in those original scripts? I can't remember very well though.

From what's been posted, nothing mentioned about her being recently being murdered by David. Though, we could speculate it occurred recently due to the state of her body in Covenant.

Evanus

Hmm. I think some time ago Hicks said there were indeed old scripts where she is alive & meets the crew. Don't think he mentioned anything about her being in the cryopod at the end, although I suppose it's possible.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

From Comingsoon's visit to the set:

QuoteTo see the full-scale Space Jockey set is awe-inspiring. The end of it was lit up, and there were also those signature Giger bio-organic tunnels all around the set. Entering these tunnels we are struck by how ridged, bony and dark they are. A woman is adding paint to texture it, very detailed. A little nook where Shaw is hiding out in makeshift quarters holds a bed and a rack of human space suits behind a plastic curtain.
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/features/820159-our-visit-to-the-alien-covenant-set#/slide/1

The Old One

The Old One

Huh.

SiL

That's on the ship. Don't we see the nook in one of the supplemental shorts?

The Old One

The Old One

The Crossing?

Kradan

SM

Quote from: SiL on Feb 27, 2019, 11:53:23 PM
That's on the ship. Don't we see the nook in one of the supplemental shorts?

Daniels and Walter find Shaw's room in the film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed