Collector's Edition Revealed

Started by ikarop, May 31, 2012, 03:18:24 PM

Author
Collector's Edition Revealed (Read 88,878 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Didn't what's-his-name who did the Nostromo schematics (that got lifted for the recent 'Alien' movie book that came out last year) also do Sulaco schematics? If they'd used his schematics as the Sephora that would have been pretty damn awesome.

SM

SM

By Space Jockey.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Hell yeah, that's the one. :) If they'd included a high-quality print of that similar to the Nostromo one that came with the Alien book, I don't think anybody would be complaining.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: SM on Jun 12, 2012, 12:56:07 AM
Looks like they've lifted the Sulaco artwork straight out of the CMTM for the Sephora.
Because both ships are the same model and class ;)

SM

SM

And conflicts with how the Sephora is detailed in sister game Aliens Infestation.  :laugh:

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

Quote from: Ash 937 on Jun 10, 2012, 06:53:11 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Jun 10, 2012, 05:36:14 PM
What the-

It doesn't come in a steelbook?!  That is so... cheap.  Steelbooks make everything better. 

I agree.  Steelbooks are awesome.  They make regular cases look like worthless crap.

Digital download is more awesome! It keeps your shelves empty!  ;D

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: SM on Jun 12, 2012, 04:56:18 AM
And conflicts with how the Sephora is detailed in sister game Aliens Infestation.  :laugh:

Mikey Neumann in a recent interview has stated that Aliens: CM and Aliens Infestation are not related. At one point I think Aliens: Infestation closely resembled what A:CM was going to be in its early stages, but I think there is no longer a connection besides some of locations and names. Not saying it isn't somewhat confusing, but that's just what on of the developers official statements.

Pred-man201

Pred-man201

I cant wait looking at this gets me more excited this is a must buy for me i cant wait to play as hicks and cant wait to see ripleys gun in action this is going to be epic!

SM

SM

Quote from: newbeing on Jun 12, 2012, 12:32:20 PM
Quote from: SM on Jun 12, 2012, 04:56:18 AM

Mikey Neumann in a recent interview has stated that Aliens: CM and Aliens Infestation are not related. At one point I think Aliens: Infestation closely resembled what A:CM was going to be in its early stages, but I think there is no longer a connection besides some of locations and names. Not saying it isn't somewhat confusing, but that's just what on of the developers official statements.

Interesting.  And flies in the face of the interview ikarop did.  I wondered how they were going to tie them together since they both seem to cover similar ground and timeframe.  And Infestation leaves the Sulaco clearly not in a position or condition we find it in CM.

Obvious proof that someone really has a strong hand on the continuity...  :laugh:

Predaker

Predaker

Not really... one is a side scroller, and the other is the official canonical sequel. They both happen in the same "time-frame" (the time of the colonial marines) but they aren't really related other than that.

SM

SM

Despite the makers originally saying otherwise.  The type of game they are is completely irrelevant.

Predaker

Predaker

Gearbox also worked with Ridley Scott but we aren't going to see anything from Prometheus in the game. The interview is a bit ambiguous, honestly.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Predaker on Jun 12, 2012, 11:31:55 PM
Gearbox also worked with Ridley Scott but we aren't going to see anything from Prometheus in the game.
How do you know?

SM

SM

Yeah.  They've been giving blatant hints there'll be some Prometheus content in there.

Whether they have the license to do so, I'm not sure.  Maybe that's contributing to the hold up.

HybridNewborn

HybridNewborn

Speaking of which, I wonder if the ossified Jockey will be identical to the 1979 version seen in Alien or be remodeled with the new Prometheus Engineer Chair Suit design.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed