Andrew Lee Interview!!!

Started by Darkoo, May 26, 2007, 05:41:43 PM

Author
Andrew Lee Interview!!! (Read 29,598 times)

SiL

SiL

Anderson said they had less than what was given to Alien3, and I doubt he adjusted for inflation, meaning he had under 55mill.

topman

topman

im with darkness about this! is it me or does the surrounding enviroment that the film will be based on has a hint of the infamouse ''Blob'' movie back in the 80's? which i kinda liked lol!! but not Aliens or Predator!!!

gameoverman

gameoverman

QuoteThe main difference in our clothes is of course that some of them had to be rigged for our "chest-bursters" - those nasty baby Aliens that pop out of people's chests at the most inconvenient times.

So we are going to see a chestburster sequence.   ;D

JaredK21

JaredK21

Andrew said he helped create a new ship. But why would they create a new ship? He mentioned the altar bed so that leaves us to believe AVP2 will start as a direct sequel involving the predalien. So wouldn't they use the same ship as in AVP? It would look wierd to see the same ship look one way in the first movie and then show the ship a bit different in the second.

Unless he is talking about the AVP2 predator's ship. But even still, why would there be an altar bed in his?

War Wager

War Wager

Quote from: JaredK21 on May 27, 2007, 09:47:50 PM
Andrew said he helped create a new ship. But why would they create a new ship? He mentioned the altar bed so that leaves us to believe AVP2 will start as a direct sequel involving the predalien. So wouldn't they use the same ship as in AVP? It would look wierd to see the same ship look one way in the first movie and then show the ship a bit different in the second.

Unless he is talking about the AVP2 predator's ship. But even still, why would there be an altar bed in his?

I've heard that the Strause Bros liked the Predator 2 ship, so are going in that direction in re-designing the AvP Ship. Personally I dont see why they should re-design it, the ship in AvP looked good to me...  :-\

Darkness

Darkness

QuotePersonally I dont see why they should re-design it, the ship in AvP looked good to me... 

Except it looked nothing like a Predator ship...

I suspected there would be "continuity" problems from AvP but I'm glad of that. It'll give the directors a chance to start from scratch and use the originals as their basis instead of AvP.

Anderson never gave a toss about continuity when he made AvP. A lot of people seem to forget that.

Highland

Highland

I doubt the budget should dent our hopes, the whole basis of the movie is that it is shot on location, or probably most of.... The only set so far is the sewer and the ship. One Predator suite, perhaps 3 full detailed Aliens and the rest CGI background (probably cannon fodder). 

Put it in the woods, in a hospital and a showdown at the end (money shot) = AVP2

thats it really? the rest is Chest buster filler shots and Gory Human Kills.

At least thats the picture building in my head. My opinions the same, I still hope for an entertaining movie that pays tribute to the creatures.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Well, Colin said there is a really good story they have going with plot twists, which is a plus in my book. Two legends fighting it out in a midwestern town for 2 hours ain't gonna cut it, there has to be a story. I am glad the Strauses took this into realization.

Highland

Highland

This aint no Alfred Hitchcock movie though, Last time we got a twist , a newborn popped out...........nuff said! ;D

Predalienslayer

Predalienslayer

Quote from: Darkness on May 27, 2007, 10:00:31 PM
I suspected there would be "continuity" problems from AvP but I'm glad of that. It'll give the directors a chance to start from scratch and use the originals as their basis instead of AvP.

Anderson never gave a toss about continuity when he made AvP. A lot of people seem to forget that.

Exactly.

Anderson was the one who broke continuity, because he ignored the Predator 2 ship design and created a space ship that looks like it was built by humans.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Quote from: highlandpred on May 27, 2007, 10:43:13 PM
This aint no Alfred Hitchcock movie though, Last time we got a twist , a newborn popped out...........nuff said! ;D

The only problem I had with the Newborn was it's silly looking nose ;D

avoid those side shots please!

Highland

Highland

no side shot intended, hence the smiley! ;)

Newborn , nose or no nose, almost took the whole series down single handed!! ;D

Apologies, I'd love a Twist, but I can't see any major twists that would'nt cause an upset, PredAlien Rogue, Predalien Queen, Predalien that looks like a predator.......all things in my opinion that would spoil the movie.

I'd like it if they came up with a cool idea for the Aliens on Earth, can't see it though.

jimmylace

jimmylace

I liked the newborn...then again maybe because the rest of the movie was so terrible. I kind of thought the newborn was the movies only saving grace. Actually, what am I saying?

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: jimmylace on May 26, 2007, 08:54:59 PM
I don't think the budget is going to be drastically smaller than AvP's already small budget. I think, if anything, AvP2 maybe around 30-40 million anyhow. The budget isn't my greatest concern here- in this case, the script doesn't call for it. But like you say Darkness, it's the teenage cast that bothers me. Aliens in familiar small town USA, teenagers being chestbursted, I don't know how this movie can avoid feeling like a b-movie. If they had a stellar cast with interesting characters, then fine, a smaller movie would work, but it doesnt sound like they have that either.
Despite the horrendous acting in AvP, at the very least there was some visual spectacle to compensate for it - but a small movie & AvP quality acting? good lord.

I don't know, Alien was, in David Giler's words, a B-movie that looked and felt like an A one... So I am still holding my judgment about the cast, which could be good actors, and budget restraints can make them be creative actually in the way they use it... So this may look bad on paper, but could be something else on screen...

Also, they might invest more on the story to make up for the small budget decisions elsewhere...

Maybe I am being overpositive about this, but I have seen it before (ALIEN) so... ;D ;)

Highland

Highland

I agree, The cast does'nt bother me, its how the Lead guy/girl takes to the stage, and of course the story.

Pitch black was on the TV the other night, made for somthing like $23 million, Total B cast, with Vin Diesel putting in a Show stealing performance. I thought that was a solid movie, but take him out of it and I'm not so sure.

It just takes one person to break through and pull you in, hopefully somone will step up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed