Marvel's Predator Volume 2 - Predator: The Preserve

Started by TilotnyWorshiper28, Dec 19, 2022, 10:50:19 PM

Author
Marvel's Predator Volume 2 - Predator: The Preserve (Read 29,753 times)

Chieftain Suom

I have to say.. I like where this series is going (vaguely reminiscent of Forever Midnight) and including the
Spoiler
River Ghosts
[close]
along with other extraterrestrials is a great touch, even though the creatures in issue 1 resembled hell-hounds a bit too closely, but one thing I can't get over Isla's mention of Colombia in 1987 instead of Guatemala. Also, the letterer misspelled Colombia, Columbia. D'oh!

Xiggz456

Finally read issues 1 & 2 and so far I'm digging this arc more than the previous one.

Spoiler
I'm intrigued by the Preds storing humans in stasis just to hunt them as it adds another level of horror to them. Wasn't overly excited to see Theta come in and save the day but was pleasantly surprised to see her lose an arm in the following issue!
[close]

So far so good. Looking forward to the next issue!

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Apr 15, 2023, 06:00:58 PMFinally read issues 1 & 2 and so far I'm digging this arc more than the previous one.

Spoiler
I'm intrigued by the Preds storing humans in stasis just to hunt them as it adds another level of horror to them. Wasn't overly excited to see Theta come in and save the day but was pleasantly surprised to see her lose an arm in the following issue!
[close]

Same here, everything was looking promising for me as well, but they just had to bring Theta into this. Agreed, at least she lost an arm. No human, man, woman or mutant should be able to take down 20+ Predators. Period. That is the only unforgivable thing about Marvels Predator, they made Predators weak and the main character a super hero. How Marvel of them. Now I see articles of how "Marvels Predator proves predators are not as smart as you might think" "predators become the prey"...it's ruining the Predator reputation. They used to be hard won fights from the main character in the films and old comics, it took a lot of planning, luck and skill to kill just 1 of them.

Engineer

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Apr 15, 2023, 06:00:58 PMFinally read issues 1 & 2 and so far I'm digging this arc more than the previous one.

Spoiler
[close]

Let me know when...
Spoiler
she loses her head haha
[close]

Chieftain Suom

Predator: The Preserve #5  final issue of series  July 2023 solicitation

https://prhcomics.com/book/?isbn=75960620626100511

Spoiler
THERE'S NO GLORY IN LOSING THE GAME! It's the final showdown. The group of humans are officially divided and entangled in the ultimate hunt...against each other. There's no doubt that it's going to be a bloodbath, but it's anyone's guess as to who will make it out alive, gain possession of the Sandpiper and, ultimately, salvation. But there's a Predator lurking on the ship, so whoever survives will have to go head-to-head against one of the galaxy's most deadly hunters. Find out the fate of your favorite characters in the action-packed conclusion to Ed Brisson and Netho Diaz's "The Preserve" story arc!
[close]

Sabres21768

Chieftain Suom

Chieftain Suom

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I found it relevant and wanted to share.

I recently got my hands on a copy of the Predator novelization and came across this..

Dillon: "Once you get it in your blood, you're hooked" referring to repelling from a helicopter

Dutch: "Man, you've been readin' too many Marvel comics."

In the film, Dutch's response was "You never were that smart."

I hope we get a reference to this line in Brisson's ongoing Predator series.

Corporal Hicks

I finally read #2, and I'm really enjoying this run (Theta's predictable last minute save in #1 aside). The time displaced prey is interesting - makes me wonder if that was inspired by the Predators 2 details we got out of Alex when we had him on the podcast. Was really surprised to see the River Ghosts return and very excited by that. I do hope it's something substantial...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

#3 should be out today.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Chieftain Suom

Chieftain Suom

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 23, 2023, 09:03:25 PMhttps://twitter.com/nethodiazz/status/1661068616610005007

Interesting.. this pencil drawing is different than what is in the actual comic release..

I can't make out top left quad, but is it..

FOUR SHIP
KILL PREY

though, I'm guessing it's

FIND SHIP
KELL PREY

In the comic release, the dialect is blown up and cut off so it's hard to make any of it out. It just looks like a bunch of Y's.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

A little late to the game but I've just read #3. I'm actually really enjoying this series. It was great to see the
Spoiler
River Ghosts show up. I'd still love to learn more about them going forwards, but I think that'll be it for this series. I'm happy to got a reappearance though.

It's great to see Theta get mamed like that and have it become this huge thing for this issue. We only got a glimpse at her injuries and previous augmentations in the last series, so I'm hoping we get to see more of a focus on her new arm in the next issue.

I continue to love the new characters and how the dynamic is turning out here. Especially loving those OWLF members and their reactions to seeing all the Predator gear and intel Theta has onboard.
[close]

The line and colouring continues to be great too. There's been some fantastic panels. I think I'm going to have to get some of the original art to hang up in my office.

Retropocalypse

The trade paperback collection of Marvel's Predator Volume 2 - The Preserve is now available for preorder.

Currently scheduled for release October 25th.

https://www.amazon.com/PREDATOR-ED-BRISSON-VOL-PRESERVE/dp/1302926209/

SuperiorIronman

I'm gonna wait on the paperback. I did not enjoy the first one. Took me awhile to finally read it (I am so behind) but I hope things pick up because that's not Predator I just read. Real intrigued about the game preserve though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed