Rodriguez Confirms Predators Sequel

Started by Darkness, Jul 23, 2010, 02:59:21 PM

Author
Rodriguez Confirms Predators Sequel (Read 35,967 times)

Darkness

In an interview with IGN FilmForce, Robert Rodriguez has ‘confirmed’ that they are looking at a sequel to Predators.

“[The studio] said, ‘Let’s do some other ones. What other story ideas do  you have?’” says the filmmaker. “Because it was like, let’s test out  the market with this one. They really wanted it to be pretty contained,  pretty scaled-back. They didn’t want to put too many of the ideas into  it that we could save for a second one. So we could see what the  appetite was, because the bigger movie would actually be what comes  following that. That kind of sets up a new storyline, new location and  world, and then you can really go crazy from there.”

Rodriguez says he has “an idea” of what he will do with the sequel. The  next step, he says, is probably to have other writers come in and pitch  different versions of his basic premise, along with new concepts. And  then, as with the first Predators, he’ll pick the best one. As for whether or not he would direct the sequel...

“I don’t know,” he laughs. “I think I have too many people wanting me to do Sin City 2 first!”

Thanks to Shasvre for the news.

SHREK

SHREK

although i would like to see another 1.... please dont do any more, 2 me they're all big disappointments ...avp....avpr.... even predators (although i wasnt expecting much from it anyway)

metzo

metzo

Predators made more than 80 million worlwide.
Bring the sequel :):)

spinksy

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ash 937

I'm skeptical.  Does anyone else here remember when Aliens was a commercial success and they started talking about making back-to-back sequels for the franchise?  Then we got Alien3 a few years later?  Well, this sorta makes me feel the same way.  And btw, this article is not an official confirmation of anything.

No more Predator"s" plzzzzz!!!!

Requiem28

YYYYEEEESSSS!!!!!!!

deGRESSOR

Not interested.  Predator 1 and 2 are the only real Predator films in my eyes.

skull-splitter

"Because it was like, let's test out the market with this one. They really wanted it to be pretty contained, pretty scaled-back. They didn't want to put too many of the ideas into it that we could save for a second one. So we could see what the appetite was, because the bigger movie would actually be what comes following that. That kind of sets up a new storyline, new location and world, and then you can really go crazy from there."

Prepare to f**k up some classics with little thought...

Jackmace

In all fairness if u dont like the concept of a new movie you dont have to watch it...

SHREK

SHREK

Agree with deGRESSOR and skull-splitter

crashsucks

This is going to great! I am so excited to hear this! But what I don't get are these so called die hard fans of the Predator movies that are so upset about Predators. Being a die hard Predator fan and saying you didn't like Predators is like saying "I am Metallica's biggiest fan but Master of Puppets sucks!" I just don't get the logic of these guys. Now I will say that both AVPs were like Load and Reload of the Metallica collection. I guess to each his own. By the way AVATAR SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fleshtrap666

@Metzo those are domestic numbers, not worldwide numbers. Worldwide it has made almost 81 million.

Can understand people being a little disappointed with Predators....but C'mon people...it was good...not great...but good.

Baron_ov_LV426

pfft better get some fresh ideas than. a predator can only be scary for so long with the same basic approach..
and crash sucks.. avp was more like st. anger hahah. and you cant say MoP is like predators. MoP=classic predators a pretty damn good tribute album.  ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed