Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 09, 2021, 03:26:43 PM

Author
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All (Read 91,904 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

TY Jonesy.

reecebomb

reecebomb

Quote from: Gentleman Death on May 16, 2021, 03:16:49 PM
What, no head or face protection!? They might get an eye poked out, geez...

At least there is fashionable purple hair, if it works in Fortnite there is no reason it shouldn't work here.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I believe they already said that head gear will be on option.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: 426Buddy on May 19, 2021, 10:07:13 AM
I believe they already said that head gear will be on option.

It can be put on in "appearance" options

SM

SM

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 17, 2021, 10:09:54 PM
Quote from: Hemi on May 16, 2021, 02:05:55 PM
https://www.famitsu.com/news/202105/11219904.html

Are these new images? Not sure, so if not...ignore

Double "spinal" ridges along the top of the warrior head, huh?

How innovative...

Looks a bit lame.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Hemi on May 22, 2021, 07:12:10 AM
https://twitter.com/AliensFireteam/status/1395771366129901569

Has anyone managed to scan the QR code yet? My reader wont pick it up.

Nevermind, got it that time. Just a number. 141177000070  ???

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've still not come around to this one.  :-\

TheSailingRabbit

I really hope they have some better guns in the pipeline for this game, because the three we've been shown so far in these posts aren't at all grounded and have lost the aesthetic of the movies.

"L" is a British designation. If the Colonial Marines are a US organization, the L for the L56A3 would be dropped for a different designation. The US has adopted British designs before, and they all were given different names. The whole "metamaterials" thing is bullshit and not even the correct use for the term. Making things lighter doesn't make them better or more effective, and there's only so light you can go before the gun isn't functional. It's a lazy attempt to sound technical and futuristic.

What exactly does the Volcan's post mean by "an arm?" An actual human arm, or something similar to the smartgun's Steadicam arm? The vagueness is pointless here. If this thing is supposed to be tied to your arm, it won't be as effective as the M240. Why? In order to have adequate fuel and range, the Volcan would have to be large and heavy--too heavy for the human arm to handle. It's impractical, and inferior to the M240 and most flamethrowers used today. It would make more sense if "an arm" means a Steadicam arm.

The Type 78 is bullshit, lazily designed, and should go back to Halo. All handguns are technically bullpup, so this just shows no research was done. It doesn't even look like it can be properly held.

I still have hope for this game, but I don't understand why the developers didn't stick with the film's aesthetic, or do some research on how guns actually function. "Make things 'cooler'" is a sad trap that FPS games need to pull themselves out of, otherwise all we have are Halo/Star Wars/Mass Effect clones.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on May 25, 2021, 03:26:12 PM
I really hope they have some better guns in the pipeline for this game, because the three we've been shown so far in these posts aren't at all grounded and have lost the aesthetic of the movies.

"L" is a British designation. If the Colonial Marines are a US organization, the L for the L56A3 would be dropped for a different designation. The US has adopted British designs before, and they all were given different names. The whole "metamaterials" thing is bullshit and not even the correct use for the term. Making things lighter doesn't make them better or more effective, and there's only so light you can go before the gun isn't functional. It's a lazy attempt to sound technical and futuristic.

What exactly does the Volcan's post mean by "an arm?" An actual human arm, or something similar to the smartgun's Steadicam arm? The vagueness is pointless here. If this thing is supposed to be tied to your arm, it won't be as effective as the M240. Why? In order to have adequate fuel and range, the Volcan would have to be large and heavy--too heavy for the human arm to handle. It's impractical, and inferior to the M240 and most flamethrowers used today. It would make more sense if "an arm" means a Steadicam arm.

The Type 78 is bullshit, lazily designed, and should go back to Halo. All handguns are technically bullpup, so this just shows no research was done. It doesn't even look like it can be properly held.

I still have hope for this game, but I don't understand why the developers didn't stick with the film's aesthetic, or do some research on how guns actually function. "Make things 'cooler'" is a sad trap that FPS games need to pull themselves out of, otherwise all we have are Halo/Star Wars/Mass Effect clones.

2 points I want to query.

From what I can tell, bullpup configuration has the magazine behind the action, whereas most pistols have the magazine in the handle. I'm not knowledgeable of guns, being a Brit, but I can see the difference between their configuration and a standard pistol.

Also, as for the M56/L56 thing, since Weyland is an English company, maybe they've retroactively taken on the terminology, going from M56 to L56 for their non-military variant sold outside the US. It's a possible theory.

Other than that, I totally agree. The whole project stinks of laziness, and the weapons look like Nerf guns.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I'm a little confused as to why you'd promote the gun by saying it's usage is divisive and you may very well hate it. Sure that's just lore but saying "the gun potentially sucks why would you even use it" is an odd tactic to promote your game.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Never heard TheSailingRabbit angry.

But it's more Mass Effect than Halo honestly, the former's got the thing that defines the setting as an excuse for anything to do with technology, and the latter's much more credible than you give it credit for.

I don't really care about minutiae, especially the military kind, but something's indeed definitely lost from the aesthetic.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed