AvP@GamesCom Coverage [Updated #5]

Started by Darkness, Aug 19, 2009, 09:36:44 PM

Author
AvP@GamesCom Coverage [Updated #5] (Read 17,084 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Sega have released five new images from Aliens vs. Predator from the GamesCom convention. You can find all five images in the forum.

Two of the images are from a marine’s point of view with an alien attacking him. One image involves an alien holding someone down with a facehugger nearby. Another is of an Alien and Predator fighting and the final one is of a Predator and Marine fighting. Sega are also due to release some video interviews soon. Thanks to ikarop for the news.

Update #1: IGN have a new preview up and confirms some multiplayer details: “Up to 18 players are accommodated across all three platforms, and cross-species play will also be fully supported… A four player co-op skirmish mode is also included.”
Update #2: There are a few more AvP previews: EuroGamer, Nowgamer, VideoGamer and CVG
Update #3:
The first video interview is available to watch on Sega.co.uk. You can also download it directly (19MB). The three-minute interview is with Darius Sadeghian who is a producer at Sega.
Update #4:
Some more previews: VG247, G4TV, Gamespot, Gamepro and GamingUnion. Sega have also added a Community Interview with Tim Jones. Unfortunately, no footage was shown to the public at the convention, just to the press instead.
Update #5:
Someone has added some cam footage of the Q&A Rebellion had with the press after the footage was shown. The audio is hard to hear but he confirms a few interesting things. A demo will definitely be released at some point; the singleplayer campaign is supposed to last 12-15 hours.

Roddy

Roddy

;D     i sooooooooooooooooooo cant wait to get this game

HorusTheFalcon

Yeahhhh great facehugger scene xD

Commander Griker

sweet

RavagerDX

This is looking sooooo nice. ;D

Hicks_0998

Mmm I dont like how the dorsal spines are so damned big, nitpicky I guess

Jamie

Jamie

offline 4 player thats fantastic, cant wait lol

Spoon

Spoon

Game looks very promising.  If you want my complaints about creatures I only dislike that hole on the side of the aliens mouth.  It looks more like ADI mouth where they have a dinosaur jaw.  Cant  stand that. Also double wrist blade predators make them look like crap.

Rob

Rob

I like the Alien holding the Marine's head & what look's like forsing the guy's mouth open for the facehugger to do its thing looks cool.  Spoon i see what you mean about the Alien's mouth, to me it looks a bit like the Alien's in Resurrection

Rob

Rob

Oh, dose aney one like the fins on the Alien's tails ?

shinigami

Oh yeah! I wanted to ask about the skirmish as to will it make a return and here it is. Damn i can't wait for this game.    :D  

EpsilonOrpheon777

yeah i think the "spines" or "fins" or whatever the eff they are on the tails look wayyy too big.  what's up with this suddenly becoming the default design for a Xenomorph?  what happened to the "Scout" Xeno from Alien?

DragonBossk

The storyline mentioned in the interview sounds a bit too much like the one from the AVP2 game for my liking.  Rather than Weyland Yutani following the space jockey telemetry and finding another planet with xenomorphs, followed by experiments and a distress call to marines, all thats different is that this time its a predator planet.   Hopefully they will still add some originality to it all.

old man jenkins

old man jenkins

looks so awsome   ;D     ;D  

Boxing alien

Boxing alien

What the hell happened to the marine gameplay footage. I thought they said that Gamescom was going to be BIG!!   >:(    cool screenshots   ;D  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed