20th Century Fox 2017 Showcase Event

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 08, 2016, 08:24:11 AM

Author
20th Century Fox 2017 Showcase Event (Read 69,997 times)

Enoch

Enoch

What is all this, are they so eager to release the whole movie before its official release date?

426Buddy

Quote from: Enoch on Jan 19, 2017, 07:49:35 PM
What is all this, are they so eager to release the whole movie before its official release date?

Just like any hollywood movie, the anwser these days is yes,

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Jan 19, 2017, 07:38:49 PM
Spoiler
"and it's revealed that The Covenant is carrying 200 colonists"
[close]
Oh well - that's an interesting bit of info I'll not be burdened with finding out when I watch the film the first time...

I've no doubt it'll be in the viral campaign.

426Buddy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 19, 2017, 07:54:45 PM

Oh well - that's an interesting bit of info I'll not be burdened with finding out when I watch the film the first time...

I've no doubt it'll be in the viral campaign.

I hope its a true number, then my paranoid theory about the colonists being turned into the eggs on the derelict is completely false. ;D ;)

Enoch

Enoch

Remind me please, have they showed the whole movie on those October screenings (and the second screening)
or perhaps some intro scenes, some scenes in the middle (CGI-less) and conclusion?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Enoch on Jan 19, 2017, 07:56:46 PM
Remind me please, have they showed the whole movie on those October screenings (and the second screening)
or perhaps some intro scenes, some scenes in the middle (CGI-less) and conclusion?

You mean the test screenings? The test screenings were complete cuts of the film.

The Showcase events were just 2 scenes, a little vignette video and the red band trailer. The LA event also got the green band trailer too.

Enoch

Enoch

Yes, I was referring to the test screenings. So they showed the whole movie... How did they pick the audience?
Practically we know almost every bit of the movie at this point, just because FOX decided to show the movie
to blabbermouths. :)  :-[ I dont mind spoilers, but to reveal the end of a movie and its meaning is not a spoiler but
a movie sacrilege.  :)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Enoch on Jan 19, 2017, 08:03:16 PM
Yes, I was referring to the test screenings. So they showed the whole movie... How did they pick the audience?

It's pretty standard to test films. That's how a lot of the early reactions tend to get out. I have no idea how they pick the audience though.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Enoch on Jan 19, 2017, 08:03:16 PM
Practically we know almost every bit of the movie at this point, just because FOX decided to show the movie
to blabbermouths. :)  :-[

Lol!

locusta

locusta

Spoiler
[close]

No, it reads: The Covenant of the title is a colony ship,
Spoiler
which carries 2,000 cryo-frozen souls
[close]

Enoch

Enoch

Screening are something normal,yes, but there are rules and protocols.
FOX showed the movie to some unusual test audience, and now the whole audience (general audience)
know every bit of the movie. Dont tell me its not like that because it is. I could make a video explaining the whole movie before its official release  and almost critical number of alien fans and overall audience will most probably  see that video If post it on Youtube. Thats not good at all. I could slowly start to prepare my materiel for Covenant analysis. We know about Das Rheingold from the beginning of the movie, for gods sake we even know which paintings are hanging in that white room from the prologue scene. We know what happened to Shaw, to the Engineers, we know the end... Only thing we do not know is - the premise of PROMETHEUS 3.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm not disagreeing with you, Enoch. I'm as disappointed as you are that so much of the film ended up on 4chan.

426Buddy

Quote from: Enoch on Jan 19, 2017, 08:10:11 PM
Screening are something normal,yes, but there are rules and protocols.
FOX showed the movie to some unusual test audience, and now the whole audience (general audience)
know every bit of the movie. Dont tell me its not like that because it is. I could make a video explaining the whole movie before its official release  and almost critical number of alien fans and overall audience will most probably  see that video If post it on Youtube.

Fans will go to the film regardless, everyone else won't care enough to follow every drop of news or read spoilers about the film.

locusta

I don´t wanna read the 4chan stuff and not know any more spoilers as the trailer or these showcase news reveal. But, does anybody make a copy or transcript of all that supposed Fox screening leaks? Just in case to make a cross reference once the film is out. Thanks. (well, maybe after the 19th of May I just could look the 4chan forum, but it might be deleted by then or whatever).

Enoch

Enoch

Such transcripts are already available. ;)
Dont worry.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed