The Predator Behind-the-scenes Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 16, 2018, 12:30:59 PM

Author
The Predator Behind-the-scenes Thread (Read 134,555 times)

Highland

Probably went for Strause since it's the exact same ending as his movie.

D88M

D88M

"The final scene was another reshoot, very, very late in the schedule. We had two weeks to get the suit designed." Yeah, we noticed. The idea is ok for a comic book but for the movie it was cringe worthy.

brokentusk420

This movie is a hollow shell of a predator movie. Not even real thermal vision. Just a half baked attempt at it... Like the while movie.

Highland

Highland

Imagine being the guy that designed the suit.

We need this scene designed you've got 2 weeks.

4 minutes later...designs predator suit that looks the same as a predator with 15 guns on its shoulders.

Studio - Perfect. Glad we have guys like you around to save our bacon.

Edit: Also does the boy read "predator killer" from the pod? If so that means that the predators also now refer to themselves as Predators.

Outstanding.

skull-splitter

Quote from: Highland on Oct 23, 2018, 05:05:38 AM

4 minutes later...designs predator suit that looks the same as a predator with 15 guns on its shoulders.

Edit: Also does the boy read "predator killer" from the pod? If so that means that the predators also now refer to themselves as Predators.

Outstanding.
Rosetta stone issues aside: them as a species being known as predators would make the kid translate to that specific word anyway.

The designs where better in most cases (there are quite the few variants) than what ended up in the film. And no one thought that it was a bad idea, much like Lucas had only yes men around for the prequels.

Highland

Quote from: skull-splitter on Oct 23, 2018, 08:40:20 AM
Quote from: Highland on Oct 23, 2018, 05:05:38 AM

Outstanding.
Rosetta stone issues aside: them as a species being known as predators would make the kid translate to that specific word anyway.

The designs where better in most cases (there are quite the few variants) than what ended up in the film. And no one thought that it was a bad idea, much like Lucas had only yes men around for the prequels.

Yeah but we named them the Predator. There would be no word translation. Unless the Predator knew we named them the Predator and put Predator Killer on the side..... In his own language.

SiL

SiL

There would be a word that the Predators use to refer to themselves, which Rory would translate to English as "Predator", as it's their (apparently) common name.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

@Highland - Say the Predators refer themselves to as ~/\|} ^○.... and you like to refer to the species as 'ugly mofos'.

The kid is smart enough when he sees ~/\|} ^○ to translate that to 'Predators' when he's around the military, translate that to 'demons' if he's around King Willie, and translate that to 'ugly mofos' when he's around you.   ;D

skull-splitter

Oh wow...

Highland

Highland

Quote from: SiL on Oct 23, 2018, 10:48:11 AM
There would be a word that the Predators use to refer to themselves, which Rory would translate to English as "Predator", as it's their (apparently) common name.

No traeger says "we had a vote , and Predator sounds cooler" That means they made that name up.

So Traeger managed to nickname the Predator what the Predator also called itself in its own language and that's also Predator?! Maybe I'm missing something here.

Edit: Actually he doesn't translate it does he, he just makes his own version of what he thinks it says. Gawd damn that ending. The Predator Killer  :laugh: :laugh: :'(

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Highland on Oct 23, 2018, 12:16:48 PM
No traeger says "we had a vote , and Predator sounds cooler" That means they made that name up.
Common name in English.

QuoteSo Traeger managed to nickname the Predator what the Predator also called itself in its own language and that's also Predator?! Maybe I'm missing something here.
You are. I'm really, really not sure how you're not getting this? It's not difficult.

The humans have decided to call them Predators, so when Rory reads whatever word Predators use to refer to themselves in their language, he translates it into "Predator" in English because that's what humans have decided to call them. That doesn't mean the word is actually "Predator" in their language.

I'm sure dolphins wouldn't refer to themselves as "dolphins", but if we could translate their language, we'd translate the series of clicks and chirps they'd use to refer to themselves as "dolphins" because that's what we call them in English.

EDIT

And yes, he does translate it. He reads it off the screen.

Highland

You guys are right of course. My brain momentarily went into shut down mode thinking about the ridiculous ending.

I thought the boy said "it says Predator Killer" , he doesn't , he says "it roughly translates as".

Yes , I have a dodgy version also.

skull-splitter

Exactly. But then again, rory had no key so Predator could be some random ass name they gave itself, because f**k logic.

Voodoo Magic

Someone needs a Me day.

Highland

Quote from: skull-splitter on Oct 23, 2018, 02:57:07 PM
Exactly. But then again, rory had no key so Predator could be some random ass name they gave itself, because f**k logic.

Is there any type of key shown? I don't remember. Alien Language in one night. Not bad.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed