AvP PS3 Demo Patched

Started by ikarop, Feb 12, 2010, 04:52:41 PM

Author
AvP PS3 Demo Patched (Read 11,177 times)

ikarop

ikarop

The PS3 demo issue with the matchmaking system has been patched today. The previous version has been removed from PlayStation Network and replaced with an updated one. You need to re-download the file in order to play it correctly. Check the official press release out below:

UPDATED ALIENS VS PREDATOR DEMO AVAILABLE NOW FOR PLAYSTATION 3

SEGA  and Rebellion can confirm that the first iteration of the Aliens vs  Predator multiplayer demo on PlayStation Network has been taken down. An  updated version of the multiplayer demo is available now on PlayStation  Network.

The first iteration of the demo suffered matchmaking  problems resulting in some players experiencing difficulties getting  into matches. The new demo resolves this issue and PlayStation 3 players  are now able to create their own matches and browse for any available  matches.

PlayStation 3 players using the old demo will  not be able to connect to matches running on the new demo, so Rebellion  and SEGA would please ask that all PlayStation 3 users ensure that they  are playing via the new demo only.

"SEGA and Rebellion  worked closely with Sony's engineers on the PlayStation 3 multiplayer  demo to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. We are very happy to  let PlayStation 3 players know that the demo has now been fixed, and  would like to thank them for their patience with this situation," said  Gary Knight, European Marketing Director of SEGA Europe.

"There  has been some confusion online as to why we chose to release a  Deathmatch multiplayer demo. We chose Deathmatch as the mode for the  demo as it's very familiar to all FPS gamers and we wanted players to  focus on getting to grips with the controls of the three playable  species, without having to learn a new multiplayer mode at the same  time," said Jason Kingsley, CEO and co-founder of Rebellion. "We have  plenty of new modes in the game and players only have to wait a matter  of days before they can play them when the game launches."

Aliens  vs Predator is set for release on Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and PC Games  For Windows on February 16th in America and February 19th in Europe.

LazyFlamingo

LazyFlamingo

FIIIIRST!!11!!!one!!1 AW GAWD THIS FEELS SO GOOD *orgasm*

Can't believe I'll have to download another 1GB, even if I do, not sure if it would be worth it since everybody else who wants to use the new Matchmaking would need to do the same.

downloading it as we speak, hope we can find games faster, it took me about 10 mins each time just to find one

MAIkaatze

MAIkaatze

i have the old demo canceled from my ps3 i downloaded again the demo so its right or   ???  

Xenowad

Xenowad

I'm very pleased with the demo now. I just got off of a few games. It took me no time to find a match, and I could also just make one if I cared to. I had alot of fun this time around, and the game still remains steller   ;D  

Sharii

Sharii

;D    damn i played my first 8/8 10 minute game without leavers or something and it was a gorefest .. every few seconds a kill .... kudos to rebellion !!! need ... to play ..... moaaaaaaaAAAAAR !!!!

freakdjin

freakdjin

!!!!!!!

as of now  the US version is UPDATED not the EU store so Get the US one.   The eu one will be updated later I guess.

!!!!

Pelax

Pelax

three words: ABOUT f**kIN' TIME

kipple

kipple

awesome . honed to perfecton now. alien controls are fluent and smoot and the predator has lost his ridiculous reach with his blades. marine is sharper and torch is clear .music is awesome creepy. 9.10 for me.cant wait to hone my xeno skills and tear some skulls on the 19th.

Nite-Owl

Nite-Owl

absolute bullcrap!
problem not fixed, can't connect to anything, it tries to search for a game for all eternity and still can't join, every time i try to join in the browse game section it says joining game for about a minute and then loses server connection, goddamit I just wanna play, haven't played a single game, not one!

branson

branson

has been fix for us uk players ?

Akarou

Akarou

The UK version was fixed as of around 2pm GMT as that's when I started playing it myself.

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

looks like its a fast down load too, the last one took ages

Rob27

Rob27

1st demo was 1138 meg and now 2nd is 889 same as 360 version.  you would have thought someone would have noticed.

AVP FAN

AVP FAN

soooo. i need to delete my old demo and re-download the new one? but it's the same date that it came out (2/04/10)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed