Exclusive: Aliens Infestation Developer Diary 3 Released

Started by ikarop, Sep 28, 2011, 09:22:32 PM

Author
Exclusive: Aliens Infestation Developer Diary 3 Released (Read 6,403 times)

ikarop

The third developer diary for Aliens Infestation has been revealed today. In this entry, Adam Tierney and Cole Phillips of WayForward focus on the characters of the game. Memorable characters that leave an impact are a vital part of any Aliens or Colonial Marines related project. And this is something WayForward took seriously when crafting Aliens Infestation. You can read the full thing here.

We worked with acclaimed Marvel Comics artist Chris Bachalo to design each of our 20 marines. The team began with a list of character archetypes, but Bachalo truly brought them to life with his incredible art, even going so far as to name and give personalities to several of them in the process. These portraits were then used for all dialogue scenes, as well as the tiny, bluish radio displays.

Make sure to check out part  two of this entry. There you will find the character bios for some of the most iconic characters of the game. Aliens Infestation launches in Europe on September 30th & on October 11th in the US. Special thanks to Sega PR and WayForward.

MrSpaceJockey

Impressed.  Also hard to believe that we haven't even touched upon half of all the character bios. 

predxeno

Out of curiosity, why did they make this an AvPGalaxy exclusive?  I'm not complaining, of course ;), but I'm a little curious.

jthuconn

I really hope we get to see the profiles for the remaining marines.  The artwork is stunning.

newbeing

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 29, 2011, 12:56:32 AM
Out of curiosity, why did they make this an AvPGalaxy exclusive?  I'm not complaining, of course ;), but I'm a little curious.

Ikarop has the Sega hookup.

robbritton

The game looks great, but those bios... I dunno, it's all a bit Extreme Ghostbusters isn't it?

newbeing

Yeah... I mean the guys art is great, but I don't know if it fits the Aliens aesthetic. But if you have 20 characters its probably better to make each one exaggerated and stand out rather than having 20 realistic soldiers that look about the same.

Ash 937

Quote from: newbeing on Sep 29, 2011, 04:12:14 PM
Yeah... I mean the guys art is great, but I don't know if it fits the Aliens aesthetic. But if you have 20 characters its probably better to make each one exaggerated and stand out rather than having 20 realistic soldiers that look about the same.

A criticism (for one of the recent reviews) is that while all the characters look different, they all still play the same way.  None of them will have special skills or varying degrees of endurance or agility.  It's just a skin. They should have offered more of difference than just the way they look.  Some characters should be able to run and reload faster than others, while others could jump higher and be able to weld doors shut faster.  A few characters should also be synthetics with higher endurance/strength than their human counterparts.  That way, in order to change the games difficulty, all you would have to do is change which set of players you wanted to finish the game with and the whole gameplay dynamic would be changed. Wayforward wanted players to like the characters the same way we grew to like the cast of Aliens...but I feel that this, like the games overall length, just won't be enough to really draw us in.

PVTDukeMorrison

I like the bios, especially the gang members one, but its some of the character designs that bug me, A marine with hair like Amber, really? C'mon son!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed