Fede Álvarez’s Alien: Romulus (Working Title) to Start Principal Photography in Feburary 2023!

Started by Predalien39, Dec 19, 2022, 05:17:20 PM

Author
Fede Álvarez’s Alien: Romulus (Working Title) to Start Principal Photography in Feburary 2023! (Read 39,005 times)

Bojo

Interested to see if they make a slight change to the appearance of the Xeno. Plus, I hope they don't go cheap on it (xeno).

Any news on the effects team ?

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Bojo on Mar 12, 2023, 10:09:50 AMInterested to see if they make a slight change to the appearance of the Xeno. Plus, I hope they don't go cheap on it (xeno).

They didn't go cheap on it. We're in for a treat.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 12, 2023, 06:05:45 PM
Quote from: Bojo on Mar 12, 2023, 10:09:50 AMInterested to see if they make a slight change to the appearance of the Xeno. Plus, I hope they don't go cheap on it (xeno).

They didn't go cheap on it. We're in for a treat.

Not sure how much you know/can say, but is it safe to assume that the Alien(s) in Romulus and the Alien(s) in Hawley's show have both been designed from scratch separately and won't be identical to one another?

I know Weta's on the show (no word if they're on Romulus or not), and a Dane Hallett Instagram post seemed to confirm that he was working on an Alien project that wasn't Hawley's show (so Romulus, I assume).

EDIT: I think it's also safe to say that, based on his recent Instagram story, Carlos Huante isn't on either of the upcoming projects.

RidgeTop

We know who the team is, just can't say at the moment. News of that will probably surface on its own before long.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 12, 2023, 06:11:21 PMNot sure how much you know/can say, but is it safe to assume that the Alien(s) in Romulus and the Alien(s) in Hawley's show have both been designed from scratch separately and won't be identical to one another?

Correct

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 12, 2023, 06:11:21 PMI know Weta's on the show (no word if they're on Romulus or not), and a Dane Hallett Instagram post seemed to confirm that he was working on an Alien project that wasn't Hawley's show (so Romulus, I assume).

That's a good assumption.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: RidgeTop on Mar 12, 2023, 06:17:38 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 12, 2023, 06:11:21 PMNot sure how much you know/can say, but is it safe to assume that the Alien(s) in Romulus and the Alien(s) in Hawley's show have both been designed from scratch separately and won't be identical to one another?

Correct

Excellent. One of my biggest fears about having two different projects simultaneously in production was having assets arbitrarily shared across different productions even when it doesn't really make sense to do so (something I've noticed a LOT of in recent Star Wars productions, with so many shows running concurrent to one another). Like AVP reusing the Resurrection Aliens despite them being designed in such a specific way where they really only make sense as a take on the creature within the context of Resurrection's narrative.

RidgeTop

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 12, 2023, 06:20:30 PM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Mar 12, 2023, 06:17:38 PM

Correct

Excellent. One of my biggest fears about having two different projects simultaneously in production was having assets arbitrarily shared across different productions even when it doesn't really make sense to do so (something I've noticed a LOT of in recent Star Wars productions, with so many shows running concurrent to one another). Like AVP reusing the Resurrection Aliens despite them being designed in such a specific way where they really only make sense as a take on the creature within the context of Resurrection's narrative.

At least... I'd be shocked if that were the case. That's one of the reasons ADI was brought on AVP over SWS was because of the cost cutting measures of using the same assets that ADI had access to from A3 and AR. If a different effects studio were to use the assets of another without some agreement, the creators of the original assets would have a big problem with that, and it wouldn't be cost effective. The design concept art for the Xenos from Romulus to the series has been totally different as far as we know.

Corporal Hicks

I'm really excited to actually see the final designs WETA and Romulus' team come up with. I really can't wait for this film's effects team to be announced. It's going to please a lot of folk.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 12, 2023, 07:09:52 PMI'm really excited to actually see the final designs WETA and Romulus' team come up with. I really can't wait for this film's effects team to be announced. It's going to please a lot of folk.

There's a lot of good news on the horizon. There are reasons to be excited.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 12, 2023, 07:26:52 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 12, 2023, 07:09:52 PMI'm really excited to actually see the final designs WETA and Romulus' team come up with. I really can't wait for this film's effects team to be announced. It's going to please a lot of folk.

I'm going to hold you to that.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 12, 2023, 07:43:31 PM

This is something I'm certain on.

As a lifelong fan, some upcoming news should make a lot of people happy. But then, with the anger about everything these days, you can't make everyone happy. So who knows.

It's so hard not being able to share or show anything. The news can't come out fast enough.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 12, 2023, 07:09:52 PMI really can't wait for this film's effects team to be announced. It's going to please a lot of folk.

Is it Filmefex studio?

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 12, 2023, 07:47:49 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 12, 2023, 07:43:31 PM

This is something I'm certain on.

As a lifelong fan, some upcoming news should make a lot of people happy. But then, with the anger about everything these days, you can't make everyone happy. So who knows.

It's so hard not being able to share or show anything. The news can't come out fast enough.

Well we already know Weta is doing the series, and they're the only one I'm liable to whinge about, so I'll probably be pleasantly surprised with any other developments.

TheBATMAN

Please let Big Chap return. Just please please.

SiL

Why do that when you can reinvent the wheel yet again?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed