First Promotional Image and Logo Released for Prey

Started by Voodoo Magic, Nov 12, 2021, 05:21:33 PM

Author
First Promotional Image and Logo Released for Prey (Read 20,095 times)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Master on Nov 14, 2021, 04:38:58 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 14, 2021, 02:40:32 PM
You mean body language ? Or general looks ?

I mean the whole choice of designs and aesthetics - the visual languge of the movie. From ships to armour, masks, blades etc., I was so smoth, sleek and this goddamn small autocaster in the mask. All of it was so out of order, oh my...

Yeah I feel ya. Would be cool to get less generic looking stuff this time.

Oh and I just noticed how long the predator's arms seem to be !  :laugh:

YOUNGBLOOD90

YOUNGBLOOD90

Point taken voodoo magic, although to be fair was the script itself not the leak? What im getting at is fox was terrible at keeping things away from us. Considering predator is has been on a downward spiral for awhile now, it's not impossible that fox was monitoring the site at the time and taking onboard the backlash. Which is why they interfered imo. Not taking away with how god awful black and dekkers script was. But it shouldn't of been released to the public to begin with. Im sure it would of been a bad film regardless, but studio interference made it even more so.   

I suppose im just not into this whole, fans spitting their dummies out and forcing studios hands to intervene. If a director isn't given the freedom to create his vision, then the art in film making is no more. I hope i make sense right now lol.

XENOMORPHOSIS

I'd like the idea of this incorporating GreyBack's story and obtaining the pistol, but that's wishful thinking.

GreybackElder

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 14, 2021, 12:07:59 AM
Quote from: GreybackElder on Nov 13, 2021, 11:06:08 PM
I would love for the elder in P2 to be in this but I'm not going to get my hopes up. Also the time line doesn't make sense.If it's 300 years ago and before "white men" then there's no way a greyback could have gotten a revolver from a First Nations tribe.

Here's the official logline:

"Set in the world of the Comanche Nation 300 years ago, the action-thriller follows Naru, the skilled warrior who fiercely protects her tribe against a highly evolved alien predator."

300 years ago was 1720, and the Comanche was definitely dealing with Spanish Colonists at the time.

We talked about it a bit here: :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otj75iQ05nQ

-Will this be part of a podcast? If so I'll wait. 

Voodoo Magic

It's just a Motion Tracker video. Not part of a podcast.  :)

Quote from: YOUNGBLOOD90 on Nov 14, 2021, 04:51:53 PM
Point taken voodoo magic, although to be fair was the script itself not the leak? What im getting at is fox was terrible at keeping things away from us. Considering predator is has been on a downward spiral for awhile now, it's not impossible that fox was monitoring the site at the time and taking onboard the backlash. Which is why they interfered imo. Not taking away with how god awful black and dekkers script was. But it shouldn't of been released to the public to begin with. Im sure it would of been a bad film regardless, but studio interference made it even more so.

I would expect the studio mostly took stock in reactions to their test screenings, general population versus the hardcore fans, but sure, it's absolutely possible they were weighing in our reactions as well. I'm just not convinced the studio sanctioned reshoots made a bad film worse. It seems to me, they may have made it more palatable and less damaging, less of a franchise killer. But alas, it's hard to say either way, without a finished alternate cut to compare it to. :)

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Nov 14, 2021, 04:57:44 PM
I'd like the idea of this incorporating GreyBack's story and obtaining the pistol, but that's wishful thinking.

Well it kind of feels too coincidental to me. You have a 1715 Spanish Flintlock with an Italian Name engraved...

And now they make a Predator movie taking place in the 1720s, where they picked a Native American tribe that dealt with Spanish Colonists - not Anglo, at a time where Italy had just recently beat back Spanish rule.

GreybackElder

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 14, 2021, 03:27:10 PM
Quote from: Master on Nov 14, 2021, 12:57:56 PM
The plasma caster also look kinda smallish, very much like the one from last movie.

It possibly might be a sword. (Pulled an image of the Grayback Elder sword in "Predator Hunting Grounds" just for comparison)

Also we can see some wrist blade action going on in high contrast.

- Oh, it does look more like a pommel that the shoulder cannon to me. Very intriguing. Also the wrist blade looks sword like, like in predators. Also, is that the first predator to have the wrist blades on the left?? Cool.

LSL

This Predator looks huge. Hope he's not a guy with heavy armor and a heavy way to walk like the ones we saw on AvP

GreybackElder

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 14, 2021, 05:33:13 PM
It's just a Motion Tracker video. Not part of a podcast.  :)

Quote from: YOUNGBLOOD90 on Nov 14, 2021, 04:51:53 PM

I would expect the studio mostly took stock in reactions to their test screenings, general population versus the hardcore fans, but sure, it's absolutely possible they were weighing in our reactions as well. I'm just not convinced the studio sanctioned reshoots made a bad film worse. It seems to me, they may have made it more palatable and less damaging, less of a franchise killer. But alas, it's hard to say either way, without a finished alternate cut to compare it to. :)

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Nov 14, 2021, 04:57:44 PM

Well it kind of feels too coincidental to me. You have a 1715 Spanish Flintlock with an Italian Name engraved...

And now they make a Predator movie taking place in the 1720s, where they picked a Native American tribe that dealt with Spanish Colonists - not Anglo, at a time where Italy had just recently beat back Spanish rule.

Yeah, it's much too coincidental to not be the elder and it's acquisition of the Flintlock. Wow we might have our first surviving predator ladies and gentlemen.

Doomofman

Quote from: LSL on Nov 14, 2021, 06:52:33 PM
This Predator looks huge. Hope he's not a guy with heavy armor and a heavy way to walk like the ones we saw on AvP

I think it's just a marketing thing and that's not actually the scale of it

SiL

Quote from: GreybackElder on Nov 14, 2021, 07:00:58 PM
Yeah, it's much too coincidental to not be the elder and it's acquisition of the Flintlock. Wow we might have our first surviving predator ladies and gentlemen.
It's it though? Early reports tried to say the film was pre colonial and it looks like a small, native American cast. Obviously one of the characters could have already got the flintlock prior to the film, but i think it's far from a sure thing that gun is showing up.

Wouldn't be surprised if it did, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Sum-ting Indoestrees

Sum-ting Indoestrees

progressives always use Alien and Terminator as an example of strong, interesting female characters - ironically proving the point that regardless of ideology and political views, there can be these interesting, strong female characters, loved and revered by all.
But the fact is so many female characters, pretty much since the beautifully written Ellen Ripley and Sarah Connor characters(of the original films) have been nothing but horrible, unbelievable, "woke", female in male role characters.
The premises for this movie is actually a great idea and a world I would love to see predator in, but if it's anything like the the last 2 sequels and the direction that modern cinema is going in, I just can't be excited.
That's just my opinion. Above all, I hope it's as great the first two.

hoffmanstokes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWRFPiMrNT0/?utm_medium=copy_link

tom woodruff tagging dane in his predator post... interesting

Wysps

I wonder if the flurries are snow or ash, or if it's just an eerie ambience for the promotional image.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Wysps on Nov 14, 2021, 09:10:24 PM
I wonder if the flurries are snow or ash, or if it's just an eerie ambience for the promotional image.

Hmm. I'm not feeling snow.

But with the trees in the background looking like they have been through hell (leafless & branches broken or burnt) and all the falling ash, I thought perhaps a Predator self-detonated there. But it could be a fire or volcanic activity.

May 22, 2022, 09:32:57 AM

Quote from: GreybackElder on Nov 14, 2021, 07:00:58 PM
Wow we might have our first surviving predator ladies and gentlemen.

Fingers crossed!

Samhain13

Having the first surviving predator in a movie could save it for me but no way they will let that happen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed