NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 814,864 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Predwars24 on Jun 20, 2019, 05:54:40 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 20, 2019, 05:23:51 AM
I don't know what that has to do with Mattel's kickass JP toys though. ???

Also I got the Dutch/Linn two-pack and it's better than I feared it would be, or at least mine is a lot better than the one in the video I posted. Dutch's robot arm isn't floppy and loose, the head sculpt doesn't look like a sandblasted mess, all around it's a pretty neat set and I like the novelty of getting figures of two of the more visually unique player characters from an awesome arcade game. I agree with Anthony that Linn should be able to hold the sword in one hand and the pistol in the other, instead of being forced to choose one weapon.

No you guys haven't heard about John Hammond being an sdcc exclusive? It made me kind of upset, when I confronted Mattel they said that the only other way to obtain it was if they had any stock after sdcc.

I didn't even know they were making a Hammond figure. I do hope we get more humans and vehicles; my dinosaurs need stuff to eat and destroy. Dinosaurs themselves are cool and all, but the main draw of Jurassic Park (as a movie series and as a toyline) is how the dinosaurs interact with humans.

Predwars24

Predwars24

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 20, 2019, 05:01:15 PM

Also I got the Dutch/Linn two-pack and it's better than I feared it would be, or at least mine is a lot better than the one in the video I posted. Dutch's robot arm isn't floppy and loose, the head sculpt doesn't look like a sandblasted mess, all around it's a pretty neat set and I like the novelty of getting figures of two of the more visually unique player characters from an awesome arcade game. I agree with Anthony that Linn should be able to hold the sword in one hand and the pistol in the other, instead of being forced to choose one weapon.

No you guys haven't heard about John Hammond being an sdcc exclusive? It made me kind of upset, when I confronted Mattel they said that the only other way to obtain it was if they had any stock after sdcc.

I didn't even know they were making a Hammond figure. I do hope we get more humans and vehicles; my dinosaurs need stuff to eat and destroy. Dinosaurs themselves are cool and all, but the main draw of Jurassic Park (as a movie series and as a toyline) is how the dinosaurs interact with humans.

gabgrave

gabgrave

Quote from: Predwars24 on Jun 20, 2019, 07:54:59 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 20, 2019, 05:01:15 PM

They spared no expense  ;D

I agree with Anthony that Linn should be able to hold the sword in one hand and the pistol in the other, instead of being forced to choose one weapon.

I positioned her left hand behind her back so that it looks like she's drawing out her katana. It works pretty well to replicate the arcade game pose.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Just got billed for my arcade aliens and the Upgrade predator! They'll be in my hands in the coming weeks, I'm so excited to see them in hand finally.

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jun 22, 2019, 11:04:06 AM
Just got billed for my arcade aliens and the Upgrade predator! They'll be in my hands in the coming weeks, I'm so excited to see them in hand finally.
I just saw them all at a store last week,they look great but it bugs me that they didn't give the predator his silver tusk.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Yep, Neca has a weird attitude towards accuracy. In a lot of aspects they get so close, sculpts filled with so much detail. But because of some reused part, or sloppy paintwork, or just a missed detail, we're frequently left hanging. They get like between 70% and 95% there, but commonly miss some details that are easily fixable.
For the price, compared to our choices, I'm thrilled with their products, but they are far from perfect and from time to time some of their choices just boggle me.  :laugh:

dHunter333

dHunter333

Damn you Neca!

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I don't get it. ???

dHunter333

dHunter333

2 right hands.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Damn, that's hilarious! Of course, I'm sorry for anyone who get's a bad figure, but really. After such a long wait, a bland club exclusive reveal, now that the people finally have the creature in hand, this happens.

After the long pause Neca made cause of factory problems, and the first figures since then being okay, I've finally hoped that they got QC under control. But alas, I was naive.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Per Toyark, the next Kenner Alien is the Rhino Alien.

dHunter333

dHunter333

Yeah, deluxe Rhino and Drake are confirmed.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

What?! Oh hell yeah!!!

Kailem

Kailem

Yep, I've gotta be getting me that. I loved the look of the original and this was definitely one I was hoping would be up next. I'm looking forward to seeing their take on it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 26, 2019, 07:08:12 PM
Per Toyark, the next Kenner Alien is the Rhino Alien.

Here I am just wanting my Bull.  :'(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed