Alien: Romulus Casts David Jonsson, Archie Renaux, Spike Fearn, and Aileen Wu

Started by Predalien39, Mar 03, 2023, 09:34:45 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Casts David Jonsson, Archie Renaux, Spike Fearn, and Aileen Wu (Read 26,352 times)

RIP77

Alien Awakening ( Prometheus 3 cancelled ) is  a more  movie "woke" definitivy.  xD.  :-[

Mr. Clemens

If anybody's talkin' about me, I certainly never said 'woke.' I'm about as left-wing as you can get. I'm just leery about an Alien movie that looks like it's been cast with the staff of my local Starbucks. :D

I have zero hate in my heart for this film. But also zero anticipation. As is my right.

Valaquen

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 09, 2023, 06:23:45 PMMany have came here to complain that the young cast means the film will be "woke". It's not new. Same annoying thing happened with Prey, and probably will for a long time until we can get over this trend of hating everything before we it. Rage is all the rage these days.

The old buzzword was SJW (if you're old enough to remember the 90's, it was PC). Now it's woke. Just meaningless tripe from reactionaries. Whenever I see the word, I just see the user reflexively kicking out their legs. It's been so easy to monetise rage. I don't know how some people have the energy to be twisted up all day about entertainment IPs. I'm 35 and if something doesn't live up to my expectations I.... get over it and move on.

It's all one big cycle. You go back and read the SF letters pages in the 70's and 80's and it's the same thing in different forms or under different names. "They don't make 'em like they used to," "cinema is ruined", "everything's commercial nowadays!" "The feminists are going gaga and ruining culture!" People forget that ALIEN was a glossy, big budget blockbuster that was hampered by studio interference every damn day. It's a film full of artistic compromises. It's grungy but was made to appeal to mass audiences. It was also widely seen as an unoriginal rehash. The decades since have burnished ALIEN's repute, of course.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Interresting to see what TomT is writing about us on other sites:

Quote from: Tom ThomasIf you look at Alien's biggest fansite AvP Galaxy, most folks there are in full denial mode: "we don't know anything yet", "let's wait and see", "just because all actors look like tik tok teenagers, doesn't mean they are gonna look like teenagers in a movie, we haven't seen makeup/lighting yet", "who said it's gonna be young adult flick, do we have a confirmation?", "Sigourney was 28 when she did Alien". It doesn't take a genius to figure out what kind of movie they are making looking at this cast, platform and budget. Obviously hard pass and another heartbreak for a dead franchise

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2023/3/a9re7ydd3k9ixlx9fbvsyglopi0z4q

BlueMarsalis79

I had forgotten why I had him on ignore, thank you for reminding me.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 10, 2023, 05:31:39 PMI had forgotten why I had him on ignore, thank you for reminding me.

Yeah, also putting him on ignore now. He's just here to stir up trouble.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 10, 2023, 05:15:54 PM
Quote from: Tom Thomas"who said it's gonna be young adult flick, do we have a confirmation?"

Ooh ooh I think this one's about me!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I think the "Sigourney was 28 when she did Alien" was @RidgeTop 's contribution. Guy's dicing with the mods now ;D

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Already did this ride with Prey, and even I jumped to conclusions when I heard it was teens. Wait and see is reasonable to me now. And as far as I'm concerned I've already been through severe disappointment with both Alien and Predator. Folks just like to blame Disney for ruining things. To be fair, they do on occasion, but 20th Century operates semi-independently. I'm not 'in denial' because there is nothing to evaluate yet. Hell even the Evil Dead remake of 2013 had a cast right around these ages and that was VERY adult. The actor who played Mia, Jane Levy was in her early 20s at the time of filming.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 10, 2023, 05:15:54 PMInterresting to see what TomT is writing about us on other sites:

Quote from: Tom ThomasIf you look at Alien's biggest fansite AvP Galaxy, most folks there are in full denial mode: "we don't know anything yet", "let's wait and see", "just because all actors look like tik tok teenagers, doesn't mean they are gonna look like teenagers in a movie, we haven't seen makeup/lighting yet", "who said it's gonna be young adult flick, do we have a confirmation?", "Sigourney was 28 when she did Alien". It doesn't take a genius to figure out what kind of movie they are making looking at this cast, platform and budget. Obviously hard pass and another heartbreak for a dead franchise

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2023/3/a9re7ydd3k9ixlx9fbvsyglopi0z4q

Eeeh, I'm not sure posting members' comments from other sites is fair play

Quote from: RidgeTop on Mar 10, 2023, 06:23:41 PMAlready did this ride with Prey, and even I jumped to conclusions when I heard it was teens. Wait and see is reasonable to me now. And as far as I'm concerned I've already been through severe disappointment with both Alien and Predator. Folks just like to blame Disney for ruining things. To be fair, they do on occasion, but 20th Century operates semi-independently. I'm not 'in denial' because there is nothing to evaluate yet. Hell even the Evil Dead remake of 2013 had a cast right around these ages and that was VERY adult. The actor who played Mia, Jane Levy was in her early 20s at the time of filming.

So how much did Disney execs pay you this time ?

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Tom ThomasIf you look at Alien's biggest fansite AvP Galaxy, most folks there are in full denial mode

Probably hasn't even discovered certain Assembly Cut fan threads yet

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Or David didn't really create the Alien sub-sect.

Quote from: RidgeTop on Mar 10, 2023, 06:23:41 PMFolks just like to blame Disney for ruining things. To be fair, they do on occasion, but 20th Century operates semi-independently.

The Last Duel under 20th Century Studios/Disney was exceptional. Of course lots and lots of people were crying W0kE!, w0Ke!, WOkE!, #Me-tOo!, #mE-toO!

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: kwisatz on Mar 10, 2023, 07:29:33 PM
Quote from: Tom ThomasIf you look at Alien's biggest fansite AvP Galaxy, most folks there are in full denial mode

Probably hasn't even discovered certain Assembly Cut fan threads yet

Serpico Jones

$75m is plenty when you consider the first movie, which is one of the best films of all time, had a budget of $40m adjusted for inflation. PREY was better and more gorgeously directed than most Marvel films which cost ten times more.

Sometimes restraints are a good thing.

SiL

And they're filming in Hungary, with an excellent production designer and cinematographer. It really shouldn't look cheap.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed