NECA Alien: Covenant Figures

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 06, 2016, 07:52:31 AM

Author
NECA Alien: Covenant Figures (Read 93,419 times)

windebieste

windebieste

I gotta agree with Sabres.  I've only encountered 1 NECA figure with any real QA issues (Lower jaw permanently closed on my translucent Alien figure.).  Design decisions aside, the rest have been fine for what the company was out to achieve. 

Considering the price point and range of figures NECA make, They're pretty solid.  For what amounts to glorified toys, they make good stuff overall. 

(Although my Stompy figure has rickets now due to the heat of last Summer bending his legs - but I bet that's probably solved with a nice hot bath and a quick shove into the freezer for 15 minutes.)

-Windebieste.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Simply because some have no issues with their opened figures doesn't mean that's the case for everyone. Retailers like ToyWiz even have a disclaimer:

"Due to the fragile nature of NECA Collectibles we cannot accept returns on opened product. We inspect each figure before sending it out, but figures can be damaged in transit. Please make sure to inspect your figure for damages BEFORE opening it."

A company wouldn't have that disclaimer unless they were previously getting too many returns to deal with.

Calling NECA out for widely reported quality control and breakage issues doesn't automatically make someone a hater. Most people who are criticizing the issues ultimately just want NECA to have solid products, which shouldn't be too much to ask of any company.

Blood Warrior

Blood Warrior

Is it possible that people are just hating for no reason?  It's certainly possible, but I doubt it.  ToyWiz has a disclaimer about NECA's figures.  I've seen people on Instagram and Twitter reporting issues.  Someone is on a wait list for a new head. 

I went through three Ultimate City Hunter's that were broken.  I bought one Young Blood that had a split wrist.  I bought an Elder Predator that has a leg issue.  I have DC, Marvel, and Star Wars figures and I've never ran into the amount of issues that I have had with NECA.  I want to keep collecting NECA figures, especially the Alien and Predator lines.  They look great, but they have some serious QA issues that need to be dealt with.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Sabres21768 on May 07, 2017, 05:28:52 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on May 07, 2017, 04:28:16 AM

I'm wondering if they put more effort into the neomorph than they did with the regular xeno? I don't hate the other figure, but it's got problems.
I open all of mine and issues are RARE.
This is mainly people jumping on the hate bandwagon.

I agree here..out of my 2 Aliens, 17 Predators and 23 marines I've only had 3 Aliens with QC issues. Those 3 are two of my first brown warriors and Grid from the AVP line. They all had issues with their legs not staying together.

One average my experience with NECA is nothing but good/positive, but I have seen their QC issues (paint wise) with their new Hicks/Hudson two pack. To me it does seem like they dropped the ball there, luckily the two packs I had bought had none of these paint issues.

echobbase79

echobbase79

I wonder what the other xeno is that NECA has made? Is it the same one, but only damaged?

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: echobbase79 on May 07, 2017, 04:26:27 PM

I wonder what the other xeno is that NECA has made? Is it the same one, but only damaged?
It's the Neomorph.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quick pic of Randy Falk and Danny McBride with the upcoming A:C Xenomorph figure.

Corporal Hicks

Is that from NECA's Twitter account?

Yep. Got it. https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/864240133511446529  :)

Russ840

Russ840

Cant wait for this Xeno

bobby brown

bobby brown

I almost think it should be cancelled and reworked, As it looks quite different from the current alien shown.
Seems like it's based on the practical stand-in suit on set. Not representing the final design it seems.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

I asked Randy about this and he confirmed that the sculpts are based solely on the practical suits.

drsmuts

drsmuts

Have to feel a bit sorry for NECA along with the physical prop builders. A lot of work done and it's painted over by CGI, sculpts are out of date etc. A reverse of Prometheus where CGI Fifield was replaced by the duller physical version for some reason....

NECA also had it sprung on them late in the day as well that the release date had moved.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: bobby brown on May 16, 2017, 05:58:56 PM
I almost think it should be cancelled and reworked, As it looks quite different from the current alien shown.
Seems like it's based on the practical stand-in suit on set. Not representing the final design it seems.
While I agree to a point, it's still a pretty neat sculpt and I don't really have a problem buying it.

Terminator Salvation had some similar stuff happen with its merchandise - the Moto-Terminator motorcycles got redesigned partway through production so the toy version that got released ended up not looking like the on-screen version.

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

Just a heads up, Neca will be revealing their full lineup of Covenant figures today. 8)

Russ840

Russ840

Any idea what sort of time ?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed