Prometheus will be rated R after all

Started by JaaayDee, May 07, 2012, 03:29:47 AM

Author
Prometheus will be rated R after all (Read 54,978 times)

escroto

Quote from: HicksUSCM on May 08, 2012, 07:45:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-actfHuhfN0#ws
can't stop laughing. The ammount of funny cuts this scene has already got through the years are epic. They do another one and I still laugh like mad :laugh:

MrLee

MrLee

And today, life was good.

Mastes1

Quote from: Ash 937 on May 07, 2012, 11:37:31 PM
I'm worried that with an R rating that Prometheus won't be able to make back enough of it's budget to justify a sequel.  If it was rated PG-13 more moviegoers would be able to buy tickets to watch it and a sequel would be guaranteed.
True, they should of made it PG then mums could take their todlers to see an ALIEN prequel, jesus freaking christ!. ::)

ryanjayhawk

I would compare the rating system with a canvas...

The R-Rating gives the director a bigger canvas to work with, whereas a PG-13 rating shrinks the size of the canvas...

If you know before you ever finish the film the studio expects a PG-13 rating it causes you to make adjustments and work on the smaller canvas so that you can fit what the studio wants.  This compromises the film, when the studio says whatever rating we get, we get... then it gives the director more freedom to just make their movie and let the cards fall where they may.

War Wager

Quote from: Ash 937 on May 07, 2012, 11:37:31 PM
I'm worried that with an R rating that Prometheus won't be able to make back enough of it's budget to justify a sequel.  If it was rated PG-13 more moviegoers would be able to buy tickets to watch it and a sequel would be guaranteed.

Cos the Alien and Predator flicks were all flops, right?

nostromo mechanic

Speaking of the trailer that was shown at the Avengers, all I can say is "WOW!". I've watched the Prometheus trailer absolutely countless times, but to finally see it on the big IMAX screen in 3D over the last weekend was like seeing it for the first time. Counting the days down! By the way, a couple of weeks ago, my nephew texted me that Prometheus was moved to Christmas 2012 and I'm sure my cry of agony was heard throughout the neighborhood.

ThisBethesdaSea

Where do you live Nostromo?

mastermoon

Is there a chance we can get a directors cut including more scenes that were cut for time.

DendaReloaded

we alreadeeeeeey know that there's a directos cut with additional 20 minutes (that was probably beaten down by some angry chicks, as they say that this was meant for other ridley films, not for prometheus)

Vickers

Quote from: DendaReloaded on May 08, 2012, 04:24:51 PM
we alreadeeeeeey know that there's a directos cut with additional 20 minutes (that was probably beaten down by some angry chicks, as they say that this was meant for other ridley films, not for prometheus)

Ridley was referring to another film that has 17 minutes of additional footage.

SpeedyMaxx

I will say that finally getting to see the trailer in 3-D at Avengers was an experience.  The visuals popped as never before, and I can't wait for the release.  I'm hoping to do a midnight screening at Times Square.  You can't beat the crowd down there, though I may have to go again very quickly to catch some of the dialogue if the audience participation gets too loud.

Predaker

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 08, 2012, 04:53:07 PM
I will say that finally getting to see the trailer in 3-D at Avengers was an experience.  The visuals popped as never before, and I can't wait for the release.  I'm hoping to do a midnight screening at Times Square.  You can't beat the crowd down there, though I may have to go again very quickly to catch some of the dialogue if the audience participation gets too loud.
If the audience is too loud to enjoy the movie, I would ask for a raincheck or refund. Lol

DendaReloaded

i was in a few 3d movies (watched avatar in 2d lol, didn't like the movie eitherway, or, "iiitherwaaaaai" like germans say
was not impressed at all by the 3d effects, with tron:legacy being the best i watched with 3d effects, but still not very good.
hoping prometheus will be better...

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Predaker on May 08, 2012, 05:03:04 PM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 08, 2012, 04:53:07 PM
If the audience is too loud to enjoy the movie, I would ask for a raincheck or refund. Lol

Oh, I'll totally enjoy it regardless.  That experience is essential.  But I was planning to go at least twice anyway, unless it sucks rocks.

DendaReloaded

who of yoü guise will delete avpgalaxy from the list of sites to visit every 10 minutes after the movie comes out but yoü don't go on release date.... i have to wait till late august, so i think i shall allow yoü a reprieve of me... for some time....
waiting whole june, july and most of august and not getting a single prometheus info will be hard as, yoü know...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed