Alien: Phalanx by Scott Sigler

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 10, 2019, 12:59:28 PM

Author
Alien: Phalanx by Scott Sigler (Read 88,791 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, loved that part.

Nightmare Asylum

Finally ordered this.

maggieloveshopey

I don't often post here, but had to break cover to praise this one to the skies. I don't normally have a lot of time for tie-in literature, but Phalanx is gripping, original, tense and exciting. I burnt through the whole thing in less than a day and couldn't put it down.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Finally finished this. Great book.

Anyone know what year this is actually set in?

SM

SM

Spoiler
At least 320 years after Aliens.
[close]

The Old One

The Old One

So the first good thing set
Spoiler
after AR
[close]
about time.

Kradan

Kradan

Rage war is good whatever you say

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Getting towards the end of this now.

Spoiler
A hive scene to rival Labyrinth. I've also got to the big twist that explains life on Ataegina. Seriously, this whole section has had me squealing with fanboy joy. Really surprised that the Palatine guards from Female War have returned! Loved the mention of Internecivus raptus too, and the little nods to The Cold Forge. (Although I do wonder how Zachariah could possibly know the staff on the Forge called the Aliens "snatchers"...) Speaking of Zachariah, he's only been in it one chapter, and I love him already.
[close]

Any time the Aliens are in this, it's absolutely blowing me away. (I was reading in bed last night, deep in the middle of some tense, creepy Alien shit, and a moth suddenly landed on my face. I practically hit the f*cking ceiling.) I'm less keen on the stuff in between, but that's really no slight against the book and purely down to me not caring for dungeons and dragons stuff. But as I said before, I'm really happy to see someone trying something new with the series. Even if it's not necessarily my bag, I'm glad that there are authors willing to be a bit more experimental and it's certainly among the most memorable Alien reads.

SM

SM

Spoiler
Zachariah might've met Blue at some point.
[close]

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Tease.

SM

SM

Guess.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Fair.

Hudson

Hudson

About a hundred pages in and I'm loving it. I can already tell this is setting a bar for these books.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Finished it off the other day. My previous comments basically sum it up - it's not among my favourite AVP reads, but it's definitely one of the best. I did enjoy it a lot, just not sure it's one I'll rush back to.

I absolutely recommend people give it a go though.

Nightmare Asylum

My copy finally came in. I'll probably start reading it tonight.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed