Official: Blomkamp to be Retconning Alien³ and Alien Resurrection

Started by LastSurvivor92, Feb 26, 2015, 12:24:23 AM

How do you feel about the news?

Awesome idea! Totally onboard with removing Alien 3 and Resurrection from the story
9 (39.1%)
Its a good idea but I'm not opposed to the other 2 films still being canon.
4 (17.4%)
Absolutley not. I don't want the series to be retconned. I still want 3 and 4 to be canon.
10 (43.5%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author
Official: Blomkamp to be Retconning Alien³ and Alien Resurrection (Read 2,138 times)

LastSurvivor92

I really like the idea and I'm glad Blomkamp is retconning 3 and 4 but I'm not going to say I'm throwing them out of my canon or i'm disregarding them now. I'll probably just consider them dreams while Ripley was in hypersleep aboard the Sulaco.

How do you guys see it? Does Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection still deserve to be canon within the series?

Local Trouble

Alien Resurrection is the bathwater and Alien 3 is the baby.  I'm fine with throwing them both out.

Valaquen

They're still on my shelf (but the fourth movie will always stay there. I'll take the third down from time to time.)

T Dog

I don't think the retcon is exactly Official yet.

KiramidHead

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 26, 2015, 12:43:21 AM
Alien Resurrection is the bathwater and Alien 3 is the baby.  I'm fine with throwing them both out.

A premature, horribly deformed baby.

szkoki

Really another topic for this?

Ultramorph

What's the source? The "Alien-Aliens hybrid" thing sounded more to me like Blomkamp was just saying that the movie will be most inspired by the first two films. Sort of like the famous "Alien DNA" line bandied about for Prometheus.

Adam802

Split dat canon!!

PsyKore

Quote from: tmjhur on Feb 26, 2015, 12:56:29 AM
I don't think the retcon is exactly Official yet.

This

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The situation is being discussed in other threads.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed