Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 679,411 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's not even close to be being worse than AvPR. It's certainly down at the bottom of the pile with AvPR, but it's still above it.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yep! The caliber of the cast alone gives it many many many extra points over AvPR imho! And that the characters are actually likable, interesting and memorable compared.

The Old One

The Old One

Correct.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 16, 2020, 12:35:19 PM
Yep! The caliber of the cast alone gives it many many many extra points over AvPR imho! And that the characters are actually likable, interesting and memorable compared.

Thomas Jane was in it, and that little blonde guy from Logan.

That's all I remember.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 16, 2020, 11:00:20 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 16, 2020, 12:35:19 PM

Thomas Jane was in it, and that little blonde guy from Logan.

That's all I remember.

That's because Thomas Jane should have been the lead. Or Sterling K Brown.

To me though, with these actors and characters, I don't know how this group of lovelies does anything but detract points.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Still more memorable than AvPR's characters.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

But in a good way?  ;)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

100% yes.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Thomas Jane definitely should have been the lead.
Nothing against the guy who was in the lead role, but Thomas Jane can pull off that character type better imo.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Mar 18, 2020, 01:27:31 PM
Nothing against the guy who was in the lead role, but Thomas Jane can pull off that character type better imo.

SM

SM

Weyland, Miller and Verheiden were kinda interesting.

The only one with potential in AvP:R was Kelly.  They could've done a whole abandonment thing with her -she abandons her daughter and husband for her career then abandons her husband again when the Aliens attack.  They could've done a take on 'what if Ripley made it home to confront a daughter who chose career over her child?'

Instead she was the dullest of a pretty dull crew.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Mar 18, 2020, 01:27:31 PM

Hmm, I can see that

Galactus123

Galactus123

They are not great but I enjoy the first one more. AVPR is much worse. I haven't seen it in a long time but the actors were bad and it was too dark if I remember right.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: SM on Mar 18, 2020, 09:16:33 PM
Weyland, Miller and Verheiden were kinda interesting.

The only one with potential in AvP:R was Kelly.  They could've done a whole abandonment thing with her -she abandons her daughter and husband for her career then abandons her husband again when the Aliens attack.  They could've done a take on 'what if Ripley made it home to confront a daughter who chose career over her child?'

Instead she was the dullest of a pretty dull crew.

The characters do stand out more in the first film, even if the characterization is low. They are easier to remember as well because the scenes they are in stand out a bit. The film definitely needed more character development among other things but overall it has its moments.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed