The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 460,205 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Perhaps you'll see it in a Special Features package one day, if HBO is generous.

Nightmare Asylum

I think we're about as likely to see that pilot as we are the original GOT pilot. Shame, as Naomi Watts is fantastic and she has the right "look" where she would have fit into this world fantastically.

Miguel Sapochnik as showrunner in the new series is wonderful news, though.

Local Trouble

bb-15

bb-15

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 19, 2019, 02:59:09 PM
Yeah, I'm not interested now. It's funny how an extremely bad ending can do that.

The same for me.
The more I think about GOT, the less I want to see it. 

In earlier seasons Martin liked going for the shock value of killing a good character.
But a writer has to be very careful with an ending.
Killing off the wrong character can ruin an ending because there is nothing further to redeem that.
Also, trying to make an established good character a villain during an ending can be very wrong.

Could the last season of GOT have been fixed if the story had been stretched out?
First, Martin couldn't do the writing because he's stuck in completing his books.
Second, trying to fix that ending would be like putting lipstick on a pig.

The long established villains in the story were the White Walkers & Cersei.
An ending imo should focus on overcoming long established villains.
Tolkien does this beautifully in The Lord of the Rings.

But Martin lost his way. And the production crew/cast wanted to get off his sinking ship of a story.

;) 

Andrea90

Viserys Targaryen.
I don't know him well, is he a good actor?

Shasvre

I mostly know him from Hot Fuzz and The World's End, but yes, he's a good actor.

Andrea90

Quote from: Shasvre on Oct 06, 2020, 07:46:32 PM
I mostly know him from Hot Fuzz and The World's End, but yes, he's a good actor.

He did macbeth, too. In the books Viserys has the beard.

Now I am curious to see who will be his brother, Daemon Targaryen. Rumours suggest they are in talk with Travis Fimmel.

KiramidHead

He's fantastic in the Red Riding Trilogy. One of the characters with an intelligible accent.

Andrea90

I was wonder..if the release is set on the first half of 2022 (April or may i think) when would they start to shot? Half of 2021?

Andrea90

Great.
It has been rumoured Matt Smith may play Daemon Targaryen.
Is he a good actor?

Andrea90

Not bad in my opinion.
How are the directors? Are they good?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Has it been confirmed whether Dunk & Egg will be in this?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed