10 (5.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
7 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 195

Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 142,478 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 01, 2022, 08:39:06 AMHonestly, it baffles me when portions of a fanbase seems so intent on not liking something. I may go into films with expectations or worries like I did with Predators (never been so pleasantly surprised) or The Predator (I greatly soured on this one after watching it a few more times), but I never go in actively wanting to dislike a film.
People want things to fit into the boxes they've imagined for them and don't like it when things step out of that box. They attack, the deride, they condescend, they dismiss, etc.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: funk_master_chunk on Jul 31, 2022, 08:32:38 PMEither way the majority of the feedback and responses have been positive. Most of them also believe it to be the 2nd best entry in tbe series.   

Even if it's the third best, I would still be ok with that.

funk_master_chunk

funk_master_chunk

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 01, 2022, 02:19:11 PM
Quote from: funk_master_chunk on Jul 31, 2022, 08:32:38 PMEither way the majority of the feedback and responses have been positive. Most of them also believe it to be the 2nd best entry in tbe series.   

Oh yeah - Absolutely!!

The first is always going to be the best for me as, like I'm sure most people on here did, I grew up on a diet of Arnie films in the early 90s and he was my hero.

The second never hits the highs of the original but it's still a very good film. Strangely I used to feel much more unnerved by P2 than I ever did P1 - to the point where even on a recent viewing I felt the same unease at the exact same part in the film. (Where they chase CH through the subway and you see him run away and turn the corner - no clue why that part affected me haha).

So yeah, even if this was 3rd best, it'd still be a huge improvement on the other sequels.

Just cannot wait to see this on Friday now!!

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 01, 2022, 02:19:11 PM

I'm still finding it funny that some are finding it a bad thing if this new movie is good. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Prey being good, if not the best sequel takes absolutely nothing away from the previous films. They can both be good and that's a great thing. So many are acting like it's blasphemy that those who have seen it are saying it's good, maybe even the best sequel. Don't we want good Predator movies again?

This is a good review!

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Seeing how he is partly responsible for the hate wave that was formed before the first teaser was even here, yeah he should be praising the movie lol

He shouldn't have if it was a bad movie, but he was proven wrong.
Many people can't admit when they're wrong. So this is a good sign (again). :-)

BISHOP 93

BISHOP 93

I thought there was a review embargo until the 5th?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

No embargo, they know it's good

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It is embargoed until tomorrow (I think). But MrH didn't get it through Disney PR, so he's not bound by anything.

BISHOP 93

BISHOP 93

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 02, 2022, 10:59:28 AMIt is embargoed until tomorrow (I think). But MrH didn't get it through Disney PR, so he's not bound by anything.

Oh groovy I'll be looking forward to reading those

Doomofman

Doomofman

I expect proper critic reviews to be less kind to the movie than it actually deserves. 

Remember just because it doesn't have a good Metacritic/Rotten Tomatoes score doesn't mean you wont enjoy it

BISHOP 93

BISHOP 93

Quote from: Doomofman on Aug 02, 2022, 01:51:42 PMI expect proper critic reviews to be less kind to the movie than it actually deserves.

Remember just because it doesn't have a good Metacritic/Rotten Tomatoes score doesn't mean you wont enjoy it

Oh yeah same. Im more interested in the reviews off predator fans in particular Corporal Hicks' and Jeremy Jahns

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

6.6 on IMDB right now, but considering what all has been said about trolls in the ratings, I wouldn't give that much credit.

BISHOP 93

BISHOP 93

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 02, 2022, 04:23:26 PM6.6 on IMDB right now, but considering what all has been said about trolls in the ratings, I wouldn't give that much credit.

Yeah I wouldn't put much stock in that whilst the film isnt out yet. But still if it does sit around 6.6. Thats more than Predator 2 & Predators

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed