10 (5.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
7 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 195

Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 141,945 times)

CANNON

CANNON

Definitely doing my best to read through stuff and dodge any type of spoiler, it has been a task.

Though I have to commend the community here because everyone who knows something has been great and respectful to the people who know nothing.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I almost made it without spoiling anything big. 8 more days to go.

It's raining 1's on IMDB/ Are those trolls and/or bots?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11866324/ratings/?ref_=tt_ov_rt

Manti

Manti

Quote from: 343 on Jul 31, 2022, 02:33:53 PMIt's raining 1's on IMDB/ Are those trolls and/or bots?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11866324/ratings/?ref_=tt_ov_rt
Both, probably.
But tbf, the movie also has even more straight 10's already, which is just as dumb. Not a chance that even half of those are real as well.
IMDB is just useless when it comes to this.

kwisatz

kwisatz

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

I like how every negative review barely goes into detail and makes sure to open up saying Naru would lose because she is a girl or is native (or wouldn't fight at all due to being a native girl)

Hopefully that will be the case.
All the reviews on twitter were positive to absolutely raving.
The 5th can't come any faster and hopefully the rating will go up.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

IMDb user ratings aren't considered reliable and shouldn't be factored in to the film's quality. Too many troll review bombers in a space like that. Wouldn't worry too much about it.

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jul 31, 2022, 05:53:13 PMIMDb user ratings aren't considered reliable and shouldn't be factored in to the film's quality. Too many troll review bombers in a space like that. Wouldn't worry too much about it.
Well, maybe not reliable before the movie officially opens, but after the movie opens i consider the ratings reliable if it's a good movie or not imho.
But still in the pre-opening days so there is still hope. :-)
I just want this movie to be a success.

funk_master_chunk

funk_master_chunk

Review bombing seems to be quite trendy these days. Seems extremely f**king brattish behaviour to me, though.

All the reviews I've seen online and on socual media are all glowing. So I'm going to trust that anyone with half an interest in this franchise (and even those who aren't) can't be wrong about this. Especially when they aren't shills.

Lionhart

Lionhart

What about the reviews over here?
We got (7.7%) that saying it could have been better.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: 343 on Jul 31, 2022, 06:08:01 PM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jul 31, 2022, 05:53:13 PMIMDb user ratings aren't considered reliable and shouldn't be factored in to the film's quality. Too many troll review bombers in a space like that. Wouldn't worry too much about it.
Well, maybe not reliable before the movie officially opens, but after the movie opens i consider the ratings reliable if it's a good movie or not imho.
But still in the pre-opening days so there is still hope. :-)
I just want this movie to be a success.

There will still be bombers after it releases. Prehistoric Planet for some reason had a huge attack against it on IMDB post release, and mainly because it was behind a subscription service on AppleTV, which I don't think warrants review bombing.

Most people in the industry don't even bother giving IMDB reviews the time of day, much like they don't take stock on RT scores. You can say you mostly like a movie, but if you give too many complaints it'll look rotten, even if you have praise. The systems are flawed and shouldn't be taken as gospel when it comes to the quality of a film.

funk_master_chunk

funk_master_chunk

Quote from: Lionhart on Jul 31, 2022, 06:29:45 PMWhat about the reviews over here?
We got (7.7%) that saying it could have been better.

I suppose there's always going to be an element of "they could've/should've done this.." with every film - especially one belonging to a franchise which is so beloved and has been handed the shitty end of the stick with the last few installments.

But for a film with such a small budget (comparatively speaking) I doubt they'd be able to pay so many people to shill the film.

My guess for the 7.7% you mentioned is either they're peeved at specific parts of the film, or they went in with a specific "I wanted x to happen and it didn't" mentality.

Either way the majority of the feedback and responses have been positive. Most of them also believe it to be the 2nd best entry in tbe series.   

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Honestly, it baffles me when portions of a fanbase seems so intent on not liking something. I may go into films with expectations or worries like I did with Predators (never been so pleasantly surprised) or The Predator (I greatly soured on this one after watching it a few more times), but I never go in actively wanting to dislike a film.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It is utterly pathetic and yes I will judge you for it. Especially if it is for having "woke messaging" or anything of the sort either.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed