10 (5.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
7 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 195

Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 141,857 times)

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Rankles75 on Jul 23, 2022, 01:08:41 AMWhy do people want the movie spoiled for them? 🤷 It's out in less than two weeks...

Some of us don't care much, I don't have Hulu, haven't even thought how and if I will watch this movie before it makes its way to piratebay.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Rankles75 on Jul 23, 2022, 01:08:41 AMWhy do people want the movie spoiled for them? 🤷 It's out in less than two weeks...

I'm of the belief that you have a better and more rewarding experience if you go in as blind as possible.

SiL

SiL

I won't be able to watch the movie in the foreseeable future due to life commitments so it's inevitably going to get spoiled for me before I can see it.

So I'd rather be in control of spoiling it and if the film is good, it won't matter.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

So....who was Spyglass? ;D

___0zymandias___

___0zymandias___

Pls pls someone tell me,is the soundtrack anything like the P-2 soundtrack? Are the classic themes in it? A yes or no will be enough!

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jul 23, 2022, 02:37:25 AMSo....who was Spyglass? ;D

No idea, to be honest.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: ___0zymandias___ on Jul 23, 2022, 04:31:05 AMPls pls someone tell me,is the soundtrack anything like the P-2 soundtrack? Are the classic themes in it? A yes or no will be enough!

Spoiler
Only thing it really has in common with the P2 score is there are good tribal elements. But this is very much its own thing and better for it. Not Silvestri like at all. It does not have the theme. It's the most unique of the series' subsequent scores.
[close]

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Look, maybe the film is great.  I don't know, but the early reactions for movies are always positive.  For example, the early reactions to The Rise of Skywalker were glowing.  That's a result of access media.  It's a folly to put stock in early reactions.

SiL

SiL

What about putting stock in the early reactions of people you know and trust?

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

I don't know, much less trust, anyone on this site.  Sorry to be an arsehole but quite frankly, most people here like AVP: Requiem.  Not exactly a trustworthy source.  Having said that, I hope Prey is good.  Time will tell.

goose_3387

goose_3387

So the face, practical or CGI?

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Also, access media is a thing. Early reactions from social media are as worthless. as they are disingenuous.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: St_Eddie on Jul 23, 2022, 06:57:01 AMLook, maybe the film is great.  I don't know, but the early reactions for movies are always positive.  For example, the early reactions to The Rise of Skywalker were glowing.  That's a result of access media.  It's a folly to put stock in early reactions.

While this is sometimes true, I feel the advanced screening members have enough fans scattered among them, plus reports of fans here, plus as far as I can see, nobody's said a bad word about it yet, which anyone would admit, is kinda strange.

Usually these reviews come with side comments like " but has pacing issues". I've not seen any of that so far.

Also nobody likes Requiem , only ridgetop  :laugh:

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: St_Eddie on Jul 23, 2022, 07:07:17 AMI don't know, much less trust, anyone on this site.  Sorry to be an arsehole but quite frankly, most people here like AVP: Requiem.  Not exactly a trustworthy source.  Having said that, I hope Prey is good.  Time will tell.

I acknowledge the AvPR situation and many more details in the early reaction video that Ridgetop and I recorded today. Should be up soon.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Look, man; I hope the film is good and it probably is.  My sole point is that early reactions on social media are utterly pointless.  They are meaningless.  I cannot stress that enough.  Positive or negative, they hold no value (though it should be noted that they're always positive).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed