Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,513 times)

TilotnyWorshiper28

he got 50 issues of doing the art of  Star Wars  (2015).  I wonder how many hell get here

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jan 15, 2022, 12:33:20 PM
The panel with the silhouettes is terrible even just compared to the rest of the preview.

It is soooo bad. I just can't fathom thinking this is good artwork. It's not even a subjective stylistic thing. This is just pure technical bad.

Kradan

Kradan

I just hope in 5 years when we'll be talking about Alien comics we'll all be like: "Oh yeah, remember that time 5 years ago when Alien comics looked like dogshit ? Phew, thank God that time passed"

StrangeShape

Yeah, I tried repeatedly to give Marvel a chance but no offense, the Marvel Alien stuff so far is terrible to me and I just cant get into it. Both the story and the art. I mean the art isnt bad, its that artificial coloring that I cant process. That includes the awful Aftermath which sounded good but imo is as bad as the Kenner comics

TilotnyWorshiper28

ALIEN #11
PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON (W) • SALVADOR LARROCA (A) • Cover by Marc Aspinall
VARIANT COVER BY Mike Mayhew • Variant COVER by Philip Tan
SANCTUARY IS NO MORE!
• Jane and the remaining Spinners are running out of ways to escape.
• And hope is getting slimmer as each station they reach is decimated by the Xenomorphs.
• Will help reach the colony in time?
• Or will the true intents of the colony destroy all hope?
32 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$3.99
© 2021 20th Century Studios.

StrangeShape

I like that cover a lot. Maybe Ill try to give Marvel a second chance. After reading the ridiculous Aftermath and the first issue of the regular series (bloodlines?) I wasnt interested in seeing more, but maybe Ill try to give it few more issues before condemning it

judge death

Giving it a chance due to the front cover is good? while the inside is the trace job mess like others said and the writing....

StrangeShape

Quote from: judge death on Jan 20, 2022, 07:34:05 PM
Giving it a chance due to the front cover is good? while the inside is the trace job mess like others said and the writing....

Not only because some covers are really good, but this made me think that maybe quitting after one issue and another unrelated comic may not be too fair. But yeah, the tracing job artwork in it... that panel with bishop in the first issue which is so obviously redrawn from a movie frame was especially hard to take among other things

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 15, 2022, 11:52:53 AM
I made the mistake of commenting about the continued blatant tracing on Facebook and apparently I'm being "rude".
Yeah he dosnt like it if you give him valid criticism

Engineer

Quote from: Bughuntwilson on Jan 21, 2022, 02:08:21 PM
I made the mistake of commenting about the continued blatant tracing on Facebook and apparently I'm being "rude".
Who? Larroca or Johnson?

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: Engineer on Jan 21, 2022, 02:43:14 PM
Who? Larroca or Johnson?
Johnson i dont think larocca gets on social media alot

Engineer

Quote from: Bughuntwilson on Jan 21, 2022, 03:09:54 PM
Quote from: Engineer on Jan 21, 2022, 02:43:14 PM
Who? Larroca or Johnson?
Johnson i dont think larocca gets on social media alot
Ok yea that's what I thought.
My observations align with yours. He doesn't react well to valid criticisms. I had a back-and-forth with him on Twitter once. He was asking people what characters they'd like to see return in future stories. I answered honestly by saying "none." He didn't call me rude or react angrily or anything, but I got the distinct impression he didn't like my answer regardless.

judge death

Same here with the little contact I had with him on the twitter page avp galaxy used, and from how he reacted to others who was less well spoken about the lore and canon etc points.

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: judge death on Jan 21, 2022, 08:17:07 PM
Same here with the little contact I had with him on the twitter page avp galaxy used, and from how he reacted to others who was less well spoken about the lore and canon etc points.
Yeah i tried to have a civil conversation with him over the cat getting facehugged thinking it was to small to get facehugged and he got smart over it
And then got  upset when i got smart back with him needless to say i got blocked over a discussion over a cat

HuDaFuK

The thing is, I wasn't even being smart (or rude, as he claimed).

I just pointed out the art still contained obvious tracing. I'd consider that factual. I didn't even say it was bad, just that it was clearly traced. His immediate response was to get defensive and accuse me of being rude.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed