Alien 5 release date?

Started by Ratchetcomand, Mar 08, 2015, 10:35:17 PM

Author
Alien 5 release date? (Read 4,929 times)

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 09, 2015, 02:50:08 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 09, 2015, 02:35:24 PM
Don't know why, Wolverine was a good film, the other one wasn't though.

You got it the other way round I think.

Origins is ACM quality.

The Wolverine, especially the extended cut is a brilliant film with real depth and a sense of history that hasn't stirred in a film for me since Gran Turino.
I was talking about The Wolverine. ::) hence why I said Wolverine, the other one is X-men origins: Wolverine lol

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 09, 2015, 03:27:43 PM
Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 09, 2015, 02:50:08 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 09, 2015, 02:35:24 PM
Don't know why, Wolverine was a good film, the other one wasn't though.

You got it the other way round I think.

Origins is ACM quality.

The Wolverine, especially the extended cut is a brilliant film with real depth and a sense of history that hasn't stirred in a film for me since Gran Turino.
I was talking about The Wolverine. ::) hence why I said Wolverine, the other one is X-men origins: Wolverine lol

What do you mean by "Don't know why" then?

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I was talking about Fox disowning Origins because I thought there was more than one, First Class but the title is just X-men: First Class, I thought it was X-men Origins: First class.  :P so my bad.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I will be okay with a February 2017 release date but would a Alien film work around that month? January and February are pretty dead months for films expect for a few like 50 Shades of Grey, Lego Movie, Daredevil, Spongebob 2, Ghost Rider and Hannibal.

GQSioux

GQSioux

I think an October 2017 release would be nice.

Deacs1973

Deacs1973

late 2017 or early 2018 is when I expect it to hit the big screen

Lonely Universe

Lonely Universe

By the time Prometheus 2 comes out it will be a maybe-prequel to Prometheus with rewrites to have Xenomorphs in it. The Engineers will be revealed to have been elephantine explorers who picked the eggs up on some unknown planet. It will kind of half-ass lead into Prometheus by showing a Proto-Shaw hatch from a Space Jockey's chest. Then Alien 5 will star Winona Ryder as Call & have no aliens, just extremely moist Johner clones.

stroggificated

stroggificated

It will probably air at 2020
Why did they even announce it so early?
I so appreciated on Alien Isolation, that you didn't have to wait several years after its announcement.

Quote from: EarthAngel on Mar 10, 2015, 08:16:17 AM
By the time Prometheus 2 comes out it will be a maybe-prequel to Prometheus with rewrites to have Xenomorphs in it. The Engineers will be revealed to have been elephantine explorers who picked the eggs up on some unknown planet. It will kind of half-ass lead into Prometheus by showing a Proto-Shaw hatch from a Space Jockey's chest. Then Alien 5 will star Winona Ryder as Call & have no aliens, just extremely moist Johner clones.

Wouldn't surprise me anymore. I already feel like i have seen it all in case of the alien franchise.  ;D

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: stroggificated on Mar 10, 2015, 01:03:57 PM
Why did they even announce it so early?

It hasn't been announced officially. Comments have been made about a script being worked on, but that's all.

Perfect-Organism

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

IMDB isn't really reliable. It's the Wikipedia of movies.

aliennaire

aliennaire

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 12, 2015, 04:26:31 AM
IMDB has it listed as a 2017 release...
They still have Prometheus set for 2016: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2316204/
I wouldn't trust them  ;)

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Mar 09, 2015, 06:22:05 PM
I will be okay with a February 2017 release date but would a Alien film work around that month? January and February are pretty dead months for films expect for a few like 50 Shades of Grey, Lego Movie, Daredevil, Spongebob 2, Ghost Rider and Hannibal.
Probably any date between Valentines and Easter may work for a sci fi movie, however I'm growing dubious it's enough time left to meet that deadline. Probably, October 2017 is the closest possible.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

R rated movies tend to flop during Easter. Grind House came out during Easter and the movie end up bombing. Friday the 13th from a few years back did pretty good during a February. So Valentines can work for Alien 5 but the Adventure Time movie is also set around that time which is very popular with kids and has a huge fan base.

Intrepid-Traveler

Intrepid-Traveler

Most of the alien films were released in may. However Star Wars comes in 2017 so I could see it getting bounced around to avoid conflict with it. If SW comes out in november later on in the year I'd say May. If not, it gets moved to like June/July.

Powerloader88

Powerloader88

I'd really love a 2017 release. Mainly cos that'll be the 20th anniversary of Alien: Resurrection. So a full 20 years since Ripley last appeared on the big screen. Wow! Did we ever think it would take THAT long back in 1997 for the next "proper" installment? So that'd be more than a perfect time for me. I do hope it's not much later.

Isn't it peculiar how a film like Aliens, landmark as it was, had been done in such a rapid amount of time (2 years?) in the optical world of special effects films of the 1980's. So with the vast tech of today at their disposal it would be pretty strange if the project took much longer than Cameron took.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed