Planets, landscapes and environments for the new Alien movie?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Feb 27, 2015, 11:44:57 PM

Author
Planets, landscapes and environments for the new Alien movie? (Read 10,666 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Space stations, moons, planets, terraformed environments or even our beloved LV-426. I want to know what types of environments you want to see in the next film.

OpenMaw

A small midwestern town in North Ame-

Haha. Had you going there, didn't I?  ;)

If he concepts are anything to go by, i'm honestly rather impressed. I like the idea of a Pristine WY facility being corrupted by aliens. I'd love to see some more developed "every day 'Earth'" type stuff ala what we saw in Gateway. Something that's less run down, but still lived in.

Nightmare Asylum

Good question!

Just some images of various location types I'd be interested in seeing, either on their own or, in some way, collapsed together.

Born Of Cold Light

OpenMaw

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 27, 2015, 11:50:46 PM
Good question!

It's a landscape made out of WANGS. Wangscape!

^ That does bring to mind one thing i'd love to see. One of, or several of, Giger's paintings brought to life and actually have them... Alive. A biomechanoid landscape literally writhing, and shifting. EEEE...

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 27, 2015, 11:53:15 PM
^ That does bring to mind one thing i'd love to see. One of, or several of, Giger's paintings brought to life and actually have them... Alive. A biomechanoid landscape literally writhing, and shifting. EEEE...

The Thing replicates an Alien and then spreads around an entire planet.

Fund it.

evolution_rex

When I learned that Blomkamp was the one put in charge of it, I began thinking about more social commentary stuff. The kind of things he would do. So I thought about this idea of poor people who live outside this big Weyland building on some moon somewhere. The poor people surround the building like the peasants who live on the outskirts of a big castle. I pictured a couple Xenomorphs  some how finding their way there and end up just creating tons of havoc and forcing the Weyland building closing all of it's doors preventing them from entering the building to escape from them.

I'd like any outside location, maybe a planet that has other life on it. It would be refreshing.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 27, 2015, 11:49:21 PM
A small midwestern town in North Ame-

Haha. Had you going there, didn't I?  ;)

:D

btw, the Pristine WY facility is something like the Elysium space station, and a hell unleashed by xenomorphs?

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 27, 2015, 11:50:46 PM
Good question!

Just some images of various location types I'd be interested in seeing, either on their own or, in some way, collapsed together.

If Alien and Aliens had a son, I am sure that that child would be the Neill BlomkampĀ“s film. That being said, I think it will be a mixture of claustrophobic horror and great action sequences. The biomechanical environments, claustrophobic corridor of a ship, and at the same time, natural (or artificial) large-scale landscapes could be part of the new background.

Quote from: evolution_rex on Feb 27, 2015, 11:58:55 PM
When I learned that Blomkamp was the one put in charge of it, I began thinking about more social commentary stuff. The kind of things he would do. So I thought about this idea of poor people who live outside this big Weyland building on some moon somewhere. The poor people surround the building like the peasants who live on the outskirts of a big castle. I pictured a couple Xenomorphs  some how finding their way there and end up just creating tons of havoc and forcing the Weyland building closing all of it's doors preventing them from entering the building to escape from them.

I'd like any outside location, maybe a planet that has other life on it. It would be refreshing.

Good question, who knows. perhaps the social and dystopian aspect is explored in the next movie.

Xenomorphine

Going by the concept art, it'll be a cross between the aesthetics of the 'Mass Effect' games and the AVP game from 2010. There certainly seems to be that sort of vegetation being hinted at.

GQSioux

I'd like to see some zero gravity action, in the vein of Dead Space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW2sTvCZVac

whiterabbit

I've always wanted to see the aliens home world and why it would need acid blood. I'd imagine it to be very Giger-ish too. However a world that is very alien would be what I'd want to see. Kind of tired of space stations and facilities. I want fantasy.

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 28, 2015, 01:36:05 AM
I've always wanted to see the aliens home world and why it would need acid blood. I'd imagine it to be very Giger-ish too. However a world that is very alien would be what I'd want to see. Kind of tired of space stations and facilities. I want fantasy.

Given their biology, a xenomorph homeworld would have to be:

1. Almost pitch black to negate the need for eyes or so close to a star than anyone's optic nerves would be fried immediately
2. Little to no oxygen or an atmosphere so toxic that traditional breathing is impossible
3. Absolutely ferocious competition between species, far more than what is seen on Earth, to necessitate the need for a body built for constant combat and a fast growth period
4. Volatile, dangerous environment that would necessitate a tough, heavily adaptable frame
5. Minimal access to constant, large amounts of food, necessitating an ability to go into semi-hibernation at a moment's notice (and to wake up quickly from said hibernation)
6. Organisms as dangerous or more so than xenomorphs to necessitate all of their defense capabilities

Basically, it would have to be hell in every sense of the word.

OpenMaw

We're better off never going there...

...And thank Fox that the Strause Bros. didn't get their first crack at it. I hardly think anyone could do it justice, let alone those guys.

It's one of those things that, if they even have a homeworld, we should never know their origins. Their mystique and mystery is what makes them so damn fun.

Son Of Kane

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 28, 2015, 06:08:01 AM
We're better off never going there...

...And thank Fox that the Strause Bros. didn't get their first crack at it. I hardly think anyone could do it justice, let alone those guys.

It's one of those things that, if they even have a homeworld, we should never know their origins. Their mystique and mystery is what makes them so damn fun.

I agree completely.

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Feb 28, 2015, 03:11:34 AM
6. Organisms as dangerous or more so than xenomorphs to necessitate all of their defense capabilities

lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed